Quote from: t_mac on September 15, 2019, 08:11:24 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 14, 2019, 07:47:04 PM
Quote from: t_mac on September 14, 2019, 07:44:59 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 14, 2019, 07:42:29 PM
Greatest team ever now officially.

Kilkenny was MOTM. Cluxton POTY.

First professional GAA team, GAA is fcuked

Do you know what professional means?

Yeah a team that is payed to play, do you know what you are a ballbag off an individual means? How did the dark wash turn out?

You clearly have no idea about anything kiddo so keep playing with your action men and leave the discussions to the grown ups there's a good lad.

I know that you feel on this forum you have some sense of importance and probably couldn't string a debate together in person, if that floats your boat kid you go for it. Someone who repeatedly use derogatory jibs classifying themselves as a grown up is quite frankly laughable.

You don't understand irony either do you? Repeatedly uses derogatory jibes. Do you actually read your posts?
Maybe you think you have some sense of importance on this forum but I certainly do not. It as an Internet forum full of faceless and generally nameless people expressing opinions. Nothing more than that. Some I agree with some I don't. A lot of yours I don't agree with and you don't agree with mine. That's fair enough, that's the way Internet forums go. And ye know what it's all a bit of craic.
If we ever did meet in real life I most certainly could string a debate together. I also like to think we would be civil with each other. I'd certainly discuss anything with you over a drink, a juice for me tho, my days with alcohol are done.
Yes I like Dublin, they are a fantastic team and the best I've ever seen. And no I haven't done my darks wash yet as I think I will keep my dublin shirt on for a few days yet.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 15, 2019, 07:01:35 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 15, 2019, 06:41:44 AM
So at the back of it all, Kerry did no better than ourselves in the '18 Final -- that they couldn't do it first day out against a badly off colour Dubs tells its own story.

Well done Dublin, a truly remarkable achievement.

Up yours Deegan! :P ;)

Eh, they took it to a replay. That's a lot better than you done

I knew that would sail blithely over the head of some.. A draw is INCONCLUSIVE -- what did Kerry win by drawing? In the conclusive game, they lost by the same margin we did, an indisputable fact.

I know it hurts you lot badly that we still make the final, but do you really have to make it so obvious? :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rossfan

Quote from: Itchy on September 15, 2019, 10:36:56 AM

Some might now go on about financial doping and to be fair I do agree but the blame for that is with the GAA, not the Dubs. The Dubs play with the hand they are given, if the GAA has stuck 4 aces in the hand then they should be looking at themselves.
Exactly. Dublin are hardly going to hand the cash back in the interests of fair play.
But HQ won't do anything so it's up to the other 31 Co Boards to grow some testicles and force the issue.
Mind you the question has to be asked why did the DCB have to wait till they got the financial doping before utilising their big population, huge playing numbers, players all at home, loads of home games etc etc.
Even if they got €100 a year out of 10% of the population =€14m.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tonto1888

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 15, 2019, 12:23:58 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 15, 2019, 07:01:35 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on September 15, 2019, 06:41:44 AM
So at the back of it all, Kerry did no better than ourselves in the '18 Final -- that they couldn't do it first day out against a badly off colour Dubs tells its own story.

Well done Dublin, a truly remarkable achievement.

Up yours Deegan! :P ;)

Eh, they took it to a replay. That's a lot better than you done

I knew that would sail blithely over the head of some.. A draw is INCONCLUSIVE -- what did Kerry win by drawing? In the conclusive game, they lost by the same margin we did, an indisputable fact.

I know it hurts you lot badly that we still make the final, but do you really have to make it so obvious? :P

I knew some of you would make the stretch that you done as well as Kerry but you didn't. That's the long and short of it.

Doesn't hurt me that you got to the final last year and to the semis a few times recently. You are a top 4 side, it's where you should be

Sportacus

Love or loathe the Black Card, David Moran couldn't pull down Murchan when he was chasing him because he knew he would be off, and we ended up with a great goal. 

giveballaghback

That Dublin goal was a joke, got the ball 10mtrs inside his own half and with 2 hops and one solo is inside the kerry 20mtr line, it was the defining score of the game. It gives a whole new meaning to "one giant step for mankind."

Rossfan

Quote from: Sportacus on September 15, 2019, 12:40:36 PM
Love or loathe the Black Card, David Moran couldn't pull down Murchan when he was chasing him because he knew he would be off, and we ended up with a great goal.
Could he have fouled him without pulling him down?
Of course the goal was totally illegal but the defending........

Sportacus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 15, 2019, 12:47:06 PM
Quote from: Sportacus on September 15, 2019, 12:40:36 PM
Could he have fouled him without pulling him down?
Of course the goal was totally illegal but the defending........
It would have been almost impossible to foul him at that speed and from behind without it looking like he pulled him down.  And yes the over carrying was shocking, but seems to be something refs can't get a grip on.

MayoBuck

Quote from: giveballaghback on September 15, 2019, 12:42:19 PM
That Dublin goal was a joke, got the ball 10mtrs inside his own half and with 2 hops and one solo is inside the kerry 20mtr line, it was the defining score of the game. It gives a whole new meaning to "one giant step for mankind."

Murchan also picked the ball up on the 65. Even though he should be behind the 45 for the throw in. Although Kerry did get plenty of favourable decisions aswell during the game.

Wildweasel74

Just see replay of the goal, must took more than 10 steps, lane have the blinkers on not to pick it up, and Not sure where the Kerry 3 and 6 went to as first rule hold the centre.

Hound

Quote from: Rossfan on September 15, 2019, 12:30:31 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 15, 2019, 10:36:56 AM

Some might now go on about financial doping and to be fair I do agree but the blame for that is with the GAA, not the Dubs. The Dubs play with the hand they are given, if the GAA has stuck 4 aces in the hand then they should be looking at themselves.
Exactly. Dublin are hardly going to hand the cash back in the interests of fair play.
But HQ won't do anything so it's up to the other 31 Co Boards to grow some testicles and force the issue.
Mind you the question has to be asked why did the DCB have to wait till they got the financial doping before utilising their big population, huge playing numbers, players all at home, loads of home games etc etc.
Even if they got €100 a year out of 10% of the population =€14m.
Answer to your question is here. Country people in Dublin who actually know what goes on in Dublin, and the actual reasons behind it the success.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/columnists/kieran-shannon/the-kieran-shannon-interview-the-real-jackanory-behind-dublins-perfect-storm-942964.html

WhoDat

david moran cost Kerry, I thought
he was shocking in the second half

Rossfan

,"Country people" ;D Bet some of them are Townies. And people were going to Dublin for work since the foundation of the over Centralised 26 Co State.
Anyway 1930s no AI
1940s 1 AI
1950s 1 AI
1960s 1 AI
1970s 3 AIs
1980s 1 AI
1990s 1 AI
2000s 0 AI
2010s 7 AIs.
Hmmmmmmmm...........

MayoBuck

Quote from: WhoDat on September 15, 2019, 02:45:06 PM
david moran cost Kerry, I thought
he was shocking in the second half

Kicked a few wides as did other Kerry players but he was their standout player this year IMO. There wouldn't have been a replay without him.