Munster Football Championship 2020

Started by Ball Hopper, October 27, 2020, 07:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on November 09, 2020, 01:10:18 AM
football better than hurling this year as hurling not  single elimination knockout

Did you actually watch the games or is it better cause of the shocks?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 09, 2020, 07:46:10 AM
football better than hurling this year as hurling not  single elimination knockout

The football on view this weekend was in most cases terrible spectacles

Seaney

The weather has had a huge effect on this though.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: greatpoint on November 08, 2020, 11:23:30 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 08, 2020, 10:25:15 PM
" They came considerably closer"

Not sure how much closer you can get than a draw?
Do they add asterisks beside results now to say who had what sent off?

Macdanger is right, nobody has come closer than Kerry in the last three years to beating Dublin

Did you only watch the drawn game and not bother with the replays or something? You consider losing twice by the minimum as further away than losing by 6 points?

I don't believe that they would add an asterisk for that but luckily we're on a GAA forum and not just reading down a spreadsheet of results, so our analysis can be a little bit more nuanced.

The last three Championships being 2017, 2018, 2019. Mayo 2017 were closer than Kerry 2019.

I suppose Trump won the election too?

Hard to argue against lads who chose to ignore facts but sure that's the internet isn't it

I'll leave you to it, good man
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

didlyi

The best thing is I was able to read the Indo yesterday while watching Cork and Kerry and didnt miss a thing.

screenexile

Quote from: Taylor on November 09, 2020, 08:08:06 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 09, 2020, 07:46:10 AM

The football on view this weekend was in most cases terrible spectacles

And hurling has been glorified basketball with sticks. . . a score every 55 seconds in some games!!

Dabh

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 08, 2020, 07:46:38 PM
First time since 1994 that Kerry will not be among the final eight teams** for the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship.

** Pre-2001 by reaching at least the Munster SFC Final, 2001 onwards by reaching at least the All-Ireland Quarter Finals.

after a quick search i reckon that is the first time since 1957 that Kerry will only have played one game in the Championship .. can anyone confirm?

greatpoint

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 09, 2020, 08:46:35 AM
Quote from: greatpoint on November 08, 2020, 11:23:30 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 08, 2020, 10:25:15 PM
" They came considerably closer"

Not sure how much closer you can get than a draw?
Do they add asterisks beside results now to say who had what sent off?

Macdanger is right, nobody has come closer than Kerry in the last three years to beating Dublin

Did you only watch the drawn game and not bother with the replays or something? You consider losing twice by the minimum as further away than losing by 6 points?

I don't believe that they would add an asterisk for that but luckily we're on a GAA forum and not just reading down a spreadsheet of results, so our analysis can be a little bit more nuanced.

The last three Championships being 2017, 2018, 2019. Mayo 2017 were closer than Kerry 2019.

I suppose Trump won the election too?

Hard to argue against lads who chose to ignore facts but sure that's the internet isn't it

I'll leave you to it, good man

I've stated the relevant facts in the response you just quoted. Which facts did you reference pet?

Angelo

What was notable about Kerry is the complete lack of football and footballers in that team.

Bar Clifford, O'Shea and Brosnan they were all primarily athletes or workhorses. They didn't seem to have anyone in the team bar those three and Spillane when he was introduced who looked like they were willing to take a shot on. I don't understand Sean O'Shea yesterday either, Kerry had I'd say about 10 frees in and around the 45 line, I think he might have had a shot at 2 of these, scoring 1. We all know that's within his range but he kept going short with them, it was bizarre when Kerry were struggling so bad to get their shots off.

Brosnan also looks like he is the new Barry John Keane, nice player but a guy who doesn't have the fight for a gritty game.

For all that minor success they have had they don't seem to have produced too many good footballers. I thought the referee did a decent job yesterday when both sides made little attempt to tackle the ball.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rawhide

I though both black cards were brutal. Kerry played that game for 20 mins with 14 players because of him
cccc is a true supporter lol

macdanger2

O'Beaglaigh had a goal chance in the first 10 mins where he shot instead of squaring it to Brosnan for an easy tap in, could have all been different if he makes a better decision there

Angelo

Quote from: Rawhide on November 09, 2020, 11:02:32 AM
I though both black cards were brutal. Kerry played that game for 20 mins with 14 players because of him

The Moran black card was fairly clearcut.

The other one was very soft.

Rawhide

Quote from: Angelo on November 09, 2020, 11:19:10 AM

I thought Morans was very harsh, not a deliberate trip at all. a deliberate foul, yes, but deliberate trip, no way.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Angelo

Quote from: Rawhide on November 09, 2020, 11:28:14 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 09, 2020, 11:19:10 AM

I thought Morans was very harsh, not a deliberate trip at all. a deliberate foul, yes, but deliberate trip, no way.

Definite foot trip, not much doubt about it. The Cork midfielder was running past him and he puts the foot out in his path.

imtommygunn

On your note about footballers in the Kerry team angelo what was as notable for me was that there were footballers on the bench and the manager chose the more defensive minded players instead. The two wing half forwards being a prime example. (As an aside Gooch couldn't even name the two players when he was previewing and had to look at his notes lol).

To me that game yesterday was a serious management failure as much as anything.

The goal chance they had early too which they missed - if that had went in flood gates might have opened. If O'Brien was on it would have been game over.