The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gael85

Quote from: full moon on May 09, 2022, 05:51:12 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on May 09, 2022, 02:25:29 PM
Quote from: full moon on May 09, 2022, 02:24:18 PM
Sky presenter is Grainne McElwain from Monaghan, she's very good and improvement on the previous presenters on Sky.

Does she commentate on TG4 too? Excellent presenter, way ahead of Cantwell.

I'm not sure don't know much of TG4 team but she is an Irish speaker apparently so may do.

I think she was presenter on TG4 for the ladies games.

Sportacus

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 09, 2022, 01:54:26 PM
But even Brolly was a dose at times. When he focused on the games he was good, but then he would go off on one.
There is zero homework done and they are getting a few quid.

Sky and BBC are so far ahead, but as I said the technical crew are the same really. Like I said, clean house and raid the podcasts.
I miss aul Jimmy Smyth all the same.  He was great on BBC. 

armaghniac

Quote from: Sportacus on May 09, 2022, 08:07:46 PM
But even Brolly was a dose at times. When he focused on the games he was good, but then he would go off on one.

Sky and BBC are so far ahead, but as I said the technical crew are the same really. Like I said, clean house and raid the podcasts.

He was a co-commentator on some of the Beosport Ulster GAA games
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sportacus

Quote from: armaghniac on May 09, 2022, 08:19:26 PM

He was a co-commentator on some of the Beosport Ulster GAA games
Didn't know that.  He put down the BBC mic too soon.

mrdeeds

Des Cahill introduced Cavan Donegal last night saying that Donegal wouldn't forget the game in 2020 when Cavan bet them after Donegal had the game wrapped up. What the hell, not even a second cousin of reality. Then Cavanagh and the Gooch stood up for analysis so Cavanagh could put a box in front of the Cavan goal and look at it for a few minutes. Awful,awful stuff. In the Antrim game highlights they got a lot of the Cavan players names wrong. Amateur stuff.

Farrandeelin

For fear of jinxing the whole lot - as he hasn't been heard this year yet - but has Dessie Dolan stood down?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

full moon

Days of outspoken 'personality pundits' over – we've evolved, says RTE's head of sport

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/8754625/rte-gobby-personality-pundits-over-legends-change

The man in charge sums up the new culture change. I don't agree with him about what's replaced it however. No more "personality pundits". So I guess bland nothing punditry is hear to stay on RTE.

Gael85

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 09, 2022, 10:22:55 PM
For fear of jinxing the whole lot - as he hasn't been heard this year yet - but has Dessie Dolan stood down?

He selector for Westmeath..Hopefully he doesn't reappear when Westmeath finish up.

imtommygunn

The Michael Owen of the sunday game.

tiempo

Absolute class act is Jimmy Smyth, still going on various fringe games, should be doing high profile Ulster games

laceer

Quote from: tiempo on May 10, 2022, 12:27:13 PM

Absolute class act is Jimmy Smyth, still going on various fringe games, should be doing high profile Ulster games

He was/is unreal. Always remember him and Peter McGinnity commentating on The Championship in the early 90's "And it's that man [insert name of point scorer]"

seafoid

Quote from: full moon on May 09, 2022, 10:38:18 PM
Days of outspoken 'personality pundits' over – we've evolved, says RTE's head of sport

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/8754625/rte-gobby-personality-pundits-over-legends-change

The man in charge sums up the new culture change. I don't agree with him about what's replaced it however. No more "personality pundits". So I guess bland nothing punditry is hear to stay on RTE.
That is a really long article for Sun readers
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

joemamas

Quote from: Gael85 on May 10, 2022, 10:35:33 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 09, 2022, 10:22:55 PM

He selector for Westmeath..Hopefully he doesn't reappear when Westmeath finish up.

Please please Lord have Westmeath win at least two or three qualifiers.

Dougal Maguire

Jesus you couldn't see the Wexford Westmeath match. Terrible presentation
Careful now

Wildweasel74

Was like a field away lol for the camera positioning.