Biggest shit hole in Ireland

Started by Hollow Man, July 26, 2007, 02:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Augher, clocker, fivemiletown

Ballymena

love the Glens of Antrim and the coast road.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

armaghniac

Rathfriland, Baltinglass seem rather depressing to me.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

achadh gallain

just came across this on bebo...

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=1949375142

a wee picture of craigavon.. (this is why people keep bad mouthing your little hometown "our nail loney")  :D

Hardy

(c) Niall Tóibín

Mullingar is an awful kip;
Tullamore is twice as bad.
But the worst f****n dump I ever saw -
Oh jayses Kinnegad.

Owenmoresider

Seems as though nearly every spot in Cavan has got a mention at this stage, bar possibly Ballinagh, Virginia and Ballyjamesduff. Can't understand why.

Anyway the OMS list - Gort, Ballyhaunis, Ballaghaderreen, Tuam, Ballinasloe, Athlone, Granard (had to be), Bundoran, Kells, and our own county town, hard to defend it, certainly certain areas anyway. Not as travelled as others here so can't offer an opinion on many of the potential towns listed already.

lurganblue

Quote from: achadh gallain on July 27, 2007, 06:23:39 PM
just came across this on bebo...

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=1949375142

a wee picture of craigavon.. (this is why people keep bad mouthing your little hometown "our nail loney")  :D

loney are you not from lurgan?

new devil

Cavan town- shit hole, worked there for a year....must of rained ever day, and its true what they say bout cavan one's.........

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: new devil on July 27, 2007, 10:54:26 PM
Cavan town- shit hole, worked there for a year....must of rained ever day, and its true what they say bout cavan one's.........

what about us Cavan men all having big d*cks?

i wonder how you found that out.  ::)

Donagh

In no particular order:

Larne
Portadown
Lurgan
Newtownards
Newtownabbey
Carrickfergus
Dundalk
Craigavon (is it a place though?)
Downpatrick
Newry
Longford
Castlebar
Tullamore
Portlaoise
Letterkenny
Tralee
Nass
Omagh
Portrush

LaurelEye

OK, having gone to school in Granard for five years, I suppose I have to defend it a bit.

I know it has a bad reputation, although I think that's partly based on memories of the Lovett affair, and there are some absolute kips there - The Terrace and the Trumra Road.

But most of the town actually looks OK and most people there other than the usual suspects are decent. The problems it has are problems that a lot of other towns have - I don't think Longford or Cavan towns are any better, and Kingscourt and Oldcastle, for example, have even worse reputations locally, but they're not on main national routes so they wouldn't be as widely seen by travellers as Granard would be.

And I can't understand why anyone would even nominate ScrabbyGowna or Mullahoran unless they're Gaels supporters.

If I was to nominate a town that looked absolutely bloody down-at-heel and depressing when I was driving through it, can I nominate Clara? Is there some by-law there against people painting their houses more than once every century?
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Donagh

Quote from: LaurelEye on July 27, 2007, 11:49:34 PM
OK, having gone to school in Granard for five years, I suppose I have to defend it a bit.

Forgot about Granard - add that to my list.  :)

Square Ball

Quote from: Donagh on July 27, 2007, 11:22:39 PM
In no particular order:

Larne
Portadown
Lurgan
Newtownards
Newtownabbey
Carrickfergus
Dundalk
Craigavon (is it a place though?)
Downpatrick
Newry
Longford
Castlebar
Tullamore
Portlaoise
Letterkenny
Tralee
Nass
Omagh
Portrush

Donagh

very disappointed that you have not mentioned Ballymena in you list, its like Larne in a different place
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

new devil

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 27, 2007, 11:08:15 PM
Quote from: new devil on July 27, 2007, 10:54:26 PM

what about us Cavan men all having big d*cks?

i wonder how you found that out.  ::)

Naw being miserable c**ts, they are that miserable they put folks in there sugar bowls  ;D

Donagh

Was only ever in very Ballymena the once after I got on the wrong train from Lisburn to Coleraine and had to kill three hours in the place. Walked around the town for a while and it seemed, em, ..., very Presbyterian (in a good way), all neat and tidy, loads of the Prod equivalent of the Legion of Mary bookshops all over the place. not a shit-hole as such, more a surreal Stepford Wives thing going on.

Gold

theres an estate in craigavon that looks like its outta Beirut --LEGAHORY !! thats it! i was in there for work one time--8 outa every 9 houses are bricked up -but its like a winding maze--there is only one way in and out

the house numbers are not in order--i was lookin 4 a house drivin round(with a suit on) in circles when this 7 ft, one-eyed man that was the closest thing ive ever seen to Cyclops came over to the car with a big dog wavin at me--i put the window down half a centimetre with my foot ready to hit the accelerator--he says "what do u want, who u lookin 4" ---i was gonna stay about, knowing that he'd be afeared of me (due to my considerable build) but remembered that i'd left the iron on and sped on home!!

i off-time wonder how that conversation with Cyclops might have went, the craic we mite have had-i bet he had a heart of gold

Has anyone else ever sampled the delights of Legahory???

One other place is an area of Derry City above Steelstown GAC at the back end of Derry.--cant think of the name of the estate now but its another winding maze with one was in and out--was lucky to get outta that estate one day too!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."