Sligo v Cork, AI Quater Final

Started by Goin Down, July 19, 2007, 05:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Sligo have any chance of Progression?

Defineatly
No Chance
Depends on Corks Form
Mabye on their day
Doubt it, but tiny chance

Goin Down

Well Sligo are in the quater finals, do ye think they have any chance of Progression?
Remember This.

Denn Forever

Sligo do not seem to be on either "would want to meet" or "would not like to meet" list of the posters.  Maybe a dark horse?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Redgreenery

Yeah I've noticed that alright, mabye with a bit of luck in the draws and if they hit top form on their days you'd never know! It'd be great for them even to progress, it really would.

sligeach

Hard one to answer alright.

I believe we're capable of beating anyone on the day. I know a lot of those misses in the 2nd half of the Connacht final were nerves, nerves which won't be present now we're outside Connacht.

Don

Sligo are on everyones list of counties the qualifiers would want to meet. Lets be honest. Who would want tyrone, dublin, kerry over sligo !!!! They are probably still on the piss and would be underdogs against whomever they play I reckon.

the Deel Rover

the thing about it is that there is no pressure on sligo now, nobody is really giving them a chance and that suits them down to the ground they can go out on croker enjoy the atmosphere and give it a lash if they win brilliant if not no harm done.I expect and hope they will do well
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

his holiness nb

Fair play, nobody predicted they would get this far so write them off at your peril.
Maybe wanting them in the quarters will backfire on someone, perhaps not taking them as serious as they would the other three.

I wonder what odds would you have got at the start of the year for a Sligo V Louth quarter final?
Ask me holy bollix

Redgreenery

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 20, 2007, 09:13:43 AM
Fair play, nobody predicted they would get this far so write them off at your peril.
Maybe wanting them in the quarters will backfire on someone, perhaps not taking them as serious as they would the other three.

I wonder what odds would you have got at the start of the year for a Sligo V Louth quarter final?
That i'd be perfect for Sligo if it happened, they'd be in with a real chance, if they get a team they could beat and perform to their best on the day, which is possible, you'd never know!
Is it possible they'd get Galway again??

The Real Laoislad

Will never happen..If Louth win the draw will be fixed so that they get the Dubs
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Redgreenery

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 20, 2007, 02:41:58 PM

Will never happen..If Louth win the draw will be fixed so that they get the Dubs

Or it could be fixed for Sligo to have a 'not so up to it' team in the semi's!

his holiness nb

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 20, 2007, 02:41:58 PM

And we are the paranoid ones  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Goin Down

Laoislad have you proof the GAA fix things?
Sure they'll get a full house anyways and they'll still be counting their money when the semi's come about and Dublin might well get an easy team but they mightnt either, or can you suddenly predict the future? ;)
Remember This.

paddypastit

Don, no mad predictions here but there's nobody on the piss in Sligo.  Had a big night on the Sunday of the match covering two divisions of the county and then did the other two including the home club of the captain on the Monday.  Trained on the Tuesday and the Wednesday and then went back to the clubs for club championship on the Sunday.  No injuries came out of that and its three weeks of focus until Aug 4.  Most people outside Sligo will scoff, but these boys completely believe that they can win more yet this year. They are challenged in the scoring department which is where they fall down but for defence and balling winning ability they will be difficult for anyone to play against

come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Redgreenery

Sligo should be focusing totally on the quater finals, no pressure, so with a bit of luck and a performance on the day they could well progress!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Don on July 20, 2007, 08:52:44 AM
Sligo are on everyones list of counties the qualifiers would want to meet. Lets be honest. Who would want tyrone, dublin, kerry over sligo !!!! They are probably still on the piss and would be underdogs against whomever they play I reckon.
Maybe so, then again if Galway had won it would be no different - the qualifier teams would want them too.

Think we'll certainly not be rolling over for anyone in the QF, would prefer to avoid Cork for now though. No repeat on '75 on the cards anyway.