Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 30, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: The PRO on August 12, 2019, 10:17:36 AM
I'm hearing whispers that John Sugrue will part of Jack o'connor's team of the gets the kildare job.
I'm also hearing that the fault for Sugrue not staying on lies firmly with our county board. If true, they have serious questions to answer.
I heard that Donald Trump is actually a lizard creature wearing a humans skin to disguise himself.

The PRO

Quote from: Don Draper on August 12, 2019, 10:21:56 AM
I'm hearing whispers that John Sugrue will part of Jack o'connor's team of the gets the kildare job.
I'm also hearing that the fault for Sugrue not staying on lies firmly with our county board. If true, they have serious questions to answer.
I heard that Donald Trump is actually a lizard creature wearing a humans skin to disguise himself.
Part two of my post is from the horse's mouth. Part one I heard in kildare and I cant be sure of but I'd be sick if it comes to pass.

Don Draper

Quote from: The PRO on August 12, 2019, 10:46:05 AM
Part two of my post is from the horse's mouth. Part one I heard in kildare and I cant be sure of but I'd be sick if it comes to pass.
Are you exclusively revealing that he told you this himself?

High Fielder

If the first part of that equation is right, I'd imagine the second follows quite naturally. Two things surprised me about Sugrue departing. Firstly, the timing was bizarre. He had got back to back promotions and the team were performing well. Secondly, we heard nothing from him, and for a man who had plenty to say, that struck me as odd. We have to remember that the CB have a presence on this forum and there are some serious apologists for all that they do. But make no mistake, this was a body blow for the county. You can sense it everywhere. The mood is downbeat for sure.

High Fielder

Quote from: The PRO on August 12, 2019, 10:46:05 AM

You've certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons this Monday morning  ;D

Giovanni

Sometimes you get the impression that the Country Board would prefer managers that don't have ideas. This is quite reminiscent of the Cheddar debacle.

High Fielder

Quote from: Giovanni on August 12, 2019, 11:11:08 AM
Sometimes you get the impression that the Country Board would prefer managers that don't have ideas. This is quite reminiscent of the Cheddar debacle.

I'm still prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm prepared to do the same with Sugrue. It would be a terrible sleight on us if he joined the Squealers, and I don't think he's that disrespectful. I'm hoping all is as it was reported to us; that he left and that was that.

Chrimtain

This is sickening if true. Weren't we told here that the CB did everything to keep him.

The PRO

Quote from: Chrimtain on August 12, 2019, 12:48:30 PM

This is sickening if true. Weren't we told here that the CB did everything to keep him.
They most certainly did not. When are the divisional championships pencilled in for? They're not is the answer.

Chrimtain

Quote from: The PRO on August 12, 2019, 01:33:37 PM
Quote from: Chrimtain on August 12, 2019, 12:48:30 PM

They most certainly did not. When are the divisional championships pencilled in for? They're not is the answer.

Have you been talking to the man himself?

Chrimtain

Has he left because the CB would not run the divisional championship this year?

les Antiques

I would imagine there's more to it than that .

Jd

I posted earlier that it was for family and business reasons and I had heard it from someone close to co board. That's what I was told and I'm certainly no apologist for the co board

Zooming around

It struck me as very strange both the decision and the timing. It didn't smell of a long, carefully thought out "Family and Business" decision. Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they fucked it up yet again. If there's one thing they are uncomfortable with it's a manager doing well. Incompetent wouldn't even begin to describe it.

High Fielder

Quote from: Jd on August 12, 2019, 05:20:09 PM
I posted earlier that it was for family and business reasons and I had heard it from someone close to co board. That's what I was told and I'm certainly no apologist for the co board

That's the story we were all hearing. It might yet be factually correct, and I wasn't referring to you when I used the word apologist. I don't know for certain why Sugrue departed, but I do know for certain that he remains the best man for the job. So, if there's even the slightest possibility that he could be enticed back, then I would tell that committee to stop their search immediately and do the right thing. I had actually heard one or two rumblings that certain people weren't happy with his performance. To those people I would say cop yourselves on and take a long hard look at what we have available to us.