Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Turf on October 01, 2022, 04:27:29 PM
Arsenal played well but that sending off changed the game. Was never a red.

As Roy Keane says he gave the referee a decision to make and the ref did.

There was no need to do it, Martinelli heading away from goal, no real danger and he rakes the studs down his foot, nowhere near the ball.

Arsenal are playing for second spot and they might just get there if Jesus stays fit and keeps banging them in.

BrotherMore6592

Don't suppose any gunners on here could help? Lifelong fan, but only signed up again as a member at the end of last season after a long absence (I was a junior gunner member at one stage!  :-[ )

As I said I'm an arsenal red member but it isn't much use to me unfortunately for what I'm after

My dad hasn't been over to emirates in 15 years - I want to bring him and both my brothers to a game  after Christmas in jan/feb 2023 - so I need 4x tickets , not asking for much!

The 3 games I have my eye on in order of priority are:
1. Home to Man United sat 21st jan 2023
2. Brentford Sat 11 feb 3pm
3. Newcastle mon 2nd jan 3pm

Would really appreciate any help or a steer towards any contacts you have! Looking to book early to get the flights and hotel cheap enough as the brothers are students.

It'll get my Xmas presents sorted!

I think the tickets are only released about 6 weeks prior to members, and other than that I'm guessing I'll have to go through the tout websites or try to get in contact with season ticket holders etc...

joemamas

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on October 07, 2022, 12:40:36 AM
Don't suppose any gunners on here could help? Lifelong fan, but only signed up again as a member at the end of last season after a long absence (I was a junior gunner member at one stage!  :-[ )

As I said I'm an arsenal red member but it isn't much use to me unfortunately for what I'm after

My dad hasn't been over to emirates in 15 years - I want to bring him and both my brothers to a game  after Christmas in jan/feb 2023 - so I need 4x tickets , not asking for much!

The 3 games I have my eye on in order of priority are:
1. Home to Man United sat 21st jan 2023
2. Brentford Sat 11 feb 3pm
3. Newcastle mon 2nd jan 3pm

Would really appreciate any help or a steer towards any contacts you have! Looking to book early to get the flights and hotel cheap enough as the brothers are students.

It'll get my Xmas presents sorted!

I think the tickets are only released about 6 weeks prior to members, and other than that I'm guessing I'll have to go through the tout websites or try to get in contact with season ticket holders etc...

Actually went last week from the US, it was the North London derby, cheapest tickets  were E300+, tracked them for two weeks on Stub hub came down about 5% that was it.
The problem is a  lot of folks will travel there for one or two games and that will justify paying through the nose for tickets.

BrotherMore6592

Yeah I can get United for 200 and the other two for 150 each, steep considering United is a grade A game and face value is prob like 90.

BrotherMore6592

Martinelli is magic.

Van Dijk is a poor man's Saliba

Special thanks to Alexander Arnold for his part in the 3 points.

ONeill

Martinelli is in the form of his life. He's not the complete unit yet but would be a nightmare to play against. Xhaka still playing well when Partey plays. Those two goals may kickstart Saka into being more productive. The full back options are the best its been in years.

The whole Thursday-Sunday thing might take its toll but that's the pressures of competing and it's only the Europa. 

That was the first time seeing Liverpool really up close and you can tell they're a bit busted at the minute. I think City broke them last year and it'll need freshness to stem that tide. For 20 mins of the first half it looked like they were finding their old selves but it didn't take much for that to fade.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Turf

Some weekend for the Arse. Everything going their way the moment.

ONeill

That second half was hard to watch. Leeds were the better team for much of it as Arsenal started to look leggy.

Bamford's miss knocked the stuffing out of Leeds until they put the foot on the pedal last 10. Some decent saves from Ramsdale. Away to Southampton next Sunday after the PSV game this Thursday.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on October 16, 2022, 09:00:51 PM
That second half was hard to watch. Leeds were the better team for much of it as Arsenal started to look leggy.

Bamford's miss knocked the stuffing out of Leeds until they put the foot on the pedal last 10. Some decent saves from Ramsdale. Away to Southampton next Sunday after the PSV game this Thursday.

PSV at home thankfully and Southampton have a midweek game.

ONeill

Forgot Soton had a midweek game.

It's a case of who you can afford to rest against PSV. Was glad to see Xhaka and Martinelli not starting last Thursday. Tierney, Holding, Nket, Vieira Lakonga, Nelson and Marquinos should start Thurs. And Turner.

ONeill

Xhaka played the full game today which I was surprised at. He's still finding his feet in England but Vieira was very disappointing today. Too easily knocked off the ball and his positioning was of a man not wanting it. Must be one of the slightest/lightest men at that level.

Odegaard, Partey and Martinelli did more damage in 10 mins than Vieira and Lakonga did in 70. The Thurs-Sun schedule is highlighting how much they're dependent on the first string from mid up.

Jesus is much, much better than I thought. He sets the attitude and doesn't accept that recent Arsenal trait of thinking you're better than the opposition without working for it.

mrdeeds

Vieria has shown glimpses of class though. Lokonga looks to be playing out of position. Maybe better more advanced.

ONeill

Forest were the perfect side to meet. A fine run-out and that's the win that will keep them in good shape after the World Cup.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on October 30, 2022, 10:48:33 PM
Forest were the perfect side to meet. A fine run-out and that's the win that will keep them in good shape after the World Cup.

Arsenal showing how to beat the 'easy' teams
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea