The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dillinger

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 02, 2011, 10:02:28 PM
Will we win?  Going to enjoy this.

The world cup? Not a cat's chance! Pity we didn't beat the Bangleys, really blew it there. Keeps the interst going.

Rouge_Diablo

The guardian likens it to an an English team winning a hurling match against a county team .

dillinger

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on March 02, 2011, 10:17:22 PM
The guardian likens it to an an English team winning a hurling match against a county team .

;D :D ;D

Main Street

Didn't an English team beat Kilkenny recently?

Norf Tyrone

I'd go as far as to say this was the most remarkable result ever in Irish sporting history!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

magpie seanie

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 02, 2011, 10:41:16 PM
I'd go as far as to say this was the most remarkable result ever in Irish sporting history!

It is simply sensational and hard to argue with that. Maybe I'm losing a bit but I was almost in tears myself watching it. Its a simply incredible story and achievement. A far bigger achievement than beating them at rugby or soccer and in the manner it was done - it virtually defies belief. A great day. One of the great innings of all time was by KO'B today. It will be talked about for many a day. There were more Irishmen on our team than Englishmen on theirs! Fantastic, just fantastic.

Doogie Browser

It's up there with the famous defeat of the great Windies team in Sion Mills in 1969, local legend has it that Sobers et al were far from sober the night before!

Rouge_Diablo

stephenite

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 02, 2011, 10:56:51 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 02, 2011, 10:41:16 PM

It is simply sensational and hard to argue with that. Maybe I'm losing a bit but I was almost in tears myself watching it. Its a simply incredible story and achievement. A far bigger achievement than beating them at rugby or soccer and in the manner it was done - it virtually defies belief. A great day. One of the great innings of all time was by KO'B today. It will be talked about for many a day. There were more Irishmen on our team than Englishmen on theirs! Fantastic, just fantastic.

Agreed-the more I think of it the more astounding it is

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

muppet

I was hoping we would beat England this March but this wasn't what I had in mind. If we can do it at the Aviva as well it will have been a very good month.

Just caught the end of the highlights, heard Hook's emotional monologue on the radio. Don't understand too much about cricket but it was some win.
MWWSI 2017

lfdown2

Started keeping an eye on cricket a few years ago when working in London, had a workmate who was a big England follower so he explained the rules and I supported their opposition. Remember being in the pub for the great Netherlands team beating them in the 20 Twenty a few years back. But jaysus this is unreal, went to bed thinking they hadn't a chance, got up to see they had done it, fair play to the lads!! Just a pity I'm no longer in London...thank god for facebook!