Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 30, 2019, 01:03:34 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 30, 2019, 12:27:47 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 30, 2019, 12:14:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2019, 10:14:53 AM
There are two power brokers in this state, both of them have not bothered to represent their voters. The DUP have come to power out of fear. Their voters have bought into that fear of losing N.I and will continue to vote them in regardless.

SF would have been like the PUP when they started politically, not many voters but since the peace process they are now the main political nationalist/republican party, youre still at least 2 generations away from where middle road prods would even consider looking at the benefits of a UI vote.

Everyone knows how corrupt the DUP are but what are the alternatives for loyalists/Unionists? If they have a choice between allowing the DUP to continue with the shambles of Stormont and voting a party dead set against a UI then it's a no brainier. And I can't see any change in that in my life time sadly

Alliance are a real alternative as ultimately they are a unionist party. Uup a bit like sdlp in that they don't seem particularly relevant any more. A lack of nationalist alternatives to sf a bigger issue imo.

To me, SF have nothing to offer anybody so maybe a nationalist alternative would be not to vote.

What about Francie Brolly's new party?

Not voting wont achieve anything. Pick a party even if it is the least bad one or no-hoppers but dont not vote

Look what voting has got us. Two parties of arseholes who do feck all. Never did or never will. Why would anyone bother their hole going to vote when you see what we have right now?

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: marty34 on March 30, 2019, 02:57:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2019, 01:21:20 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 30, 2019, 01:17:28 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 30, 2019, 12:27:47 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 30, 2019, 12:14:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2019, 10:14:53 AM
There are two power brokers in this state, both of them have not bothered to represent their voters. The DUP have come to power out of fear. Their voters have bought into that fear of losing N.I and will continue to vote them in regardless.

SF would have been like the PUP when they started politically, not many voters but since the peace process they are now the main political nationalist/republican party, youre still at least 2 generations away from where middle road prods would even consider looking at the benefits of a UI vote.

Everyone knows how corrupt the DUP are but what are the alternatives for loyalists/Unionists? If they have a choice between allowing the DUP to continue with the shambles of Stormont and voting a party dead set against a UI then it's a no brainier. And I can't see any change in that in my life time sadly

Alliance are a real alternative as ultimately they are a unionist party. Uup a bit like sdlp in that they don't seem particularly relevant any more. A lack of nationalist alternatives to sf a bigger issue imo.

To me, SF have nothing to offer anybody so maybe a nationalist alternative would be not to vote.

What about Francie Brolly's new party?

What's a 'nationalist alternative'?

Anything better than what we currently have?

Be more specific lads - what do we want?

Like Brexit - we don't want this or we don't want that but what do we want?

What are we, as nationalists, looking for in 2019?

Well if nationalists dont vote the the sos can just keep saying no evidence of need for border poll.

clarshack

Looks like OWC are up against it now. Even a home win against the Dutch and a draw away to Germany probably wouldn't even be enough as the Dutch and Germans have easier games to play v Estonia and Belarus. They'd need to take 4 points off the Dutch which is extremely unlikely considering they are one of the in form teams in Europe at the moment.

lurganblue

If OWC were to qualify would they more than likely get a couple of the Aviva based games?

Orior

Quote from: lurganblue on September 10, 2019, 10:14:15 AM
If OWC were to qualify would they more than likely get a couple of the Aviva based games?

They certainly belted out no surrender last night.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

shark

Only if they were drawn in the Dublin-Bilbao group (group E). Spain will definitely be there, so only 2/3 spots left in that group, depending on whether Ireland qualify or not. There is no group that you could say for sure that both host nations will qualify.

Group A: Rome and Baku
Group B: Saint Petersburg and Copenhagen
Group C: Amsterdam and Bucharest
Group D: London and Glasgow
Group E: Bilbao and Dublin
Group F: Munich and Budapest

lurganblue

Quote from: shark on September 10, 2019, 01:39:19 PM

Only if they were drawn in the Dublin-Bilbao group (group E). Spain will definitely be there, so only 2/3 spots left in that group, depending on whether Ireland qualify or not. There is no group that you could say for sure that both host nations will qualify.

Group A: Rome and Baku
Group B: Saint Petersburg and Copenhagen
Group C: Amsterdam and Bucharest
Group D: London and Glasgow
Group E: Bilbao and Dublin
Group F: Munich and Budapest

Cheers Shark

Milltown Row2

Should that score line go in the WTF thread? 1-0 NI

Edit: scratch that!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

Just watched the highlights. The defending by NI at the end was atrocious.

michaelg

Milltown Row2

Quote from: michaelg on April 13, 2021, 11:18:36 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 13, 2021, 11:11:24 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/0413/1209758-northern-ireland-women-secure-first-ever-finals-place/
Qualified for the Women's Euro 2022 finals with a 4-1 aggregate play off win against Ukraine, fair play to them.
Unbelievable effort.

Took the goal well and defended well.

I dander around the pitches at Jordanstown on a Sunday and the ladies juveniles are flat out every weekend. Big numbers

David McKeown

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2021, 11:32:03 PM
Quote from: michaelg on April 13, 2021, 11:18:36 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 13, 2021, 11:11:24 PM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/0413/1209758-northern-ireland-women-secure-first-ever-finals-place/
Qualified for the Women's Euro 2022 finals with a 4-1 aggregate play off win against Ukraine, fair play to them.
Unbelievable effort.

Took the goal well and defended well.

Yeah I used to hwlp out with the coaching with a few ladies teams and the sport is for me better organised than the mens game.  Summer leagues and sunday matches help a lot

I dander around the pitches at Jordanstown on a Sunday and the ladies juveniles are flat out every weekend. Big numbers
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Evil Genius

Half those girls are part-timers, even amateurs, which is praiseworthy enough.

But some of them also play other sports like GAA and Hockey to a high standard as well.

Amazing effort!
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

tintin25