Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driveherin

Ah it was a team goal, he wouldn't have scored it without our Davey, and my wee errigal man Enda making the run, and everything else other than give Mugsy the credit for an absolute piece of magic and individual brilliance!!!! Bitter wee man! #beard

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: driveherin on March 29, 2018, 08:06:40 AM
Ah it was a team goal, he wouldn't have scored it without our Davey, and my wee errigal man Enda making the run, and everything else other than give Mugsy the credit for an absolute piece of magic and individual brilliance!!!! Bitter wee man! #beard

It was actually Brian McGuigan he said..

Tyrone Dreamer

He was emphasising that a wonderful individual goal couldn't have been scored without great team work. There was more than Errigial Ciaran men he gave praise too - Oneill McGuigan were mentioned. And when you watch it again there was a lot of players involved in making it happen. Team play is a huge part of what Harte believes in so it's hardly surprising he looked at it that way.

There is a lot of bitter men in Tyrone. Watching that show last night reminds you of what Mickey Harte has did for the county, the greatest manager this county has produced by a long long way. And still going strong with a fair chance of putting together our first 3 in a row ulster success and who knows after that. I say appreciate the man when he's still there instead of the constant digs and negativity. Tyrone abu.

Under Lights

He has achieved great great things and played some wonderful football along the way.

However could have been so different, not many managers would get the length of time he did with the minors to achieve something, if he had of had the bullet early in that job (which would probably happen now) he may have never go to where he is now.

southtyronegael

What did mugsy do on Harte anyway? Between him gettin dropped off the panel at the age of 30 when he was playing great stuff then last nights refusal to give mugsy the credit for a brilliant solo goal. Strange.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on March 29, 2018, 08:30:03 AM
He has achieved great great things and played some wonderful football along the way.

However could have been so different, not many managers would get the length of time he did with the minors to achieve something, if he had of had the bullet early in that job (which would probably happen now) he may have never go to where he is now.
And that will happen when he is replaced. Whoever takes over will not get time to develop a new team. A couple if bad results and they will be gone.
Everything now.

redhandefender

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 29, 2018, 08:18:59 AM

He was emphasising that a wonderful individual goal couldn't have been scored without great team work. There was more than Errigial Ciaran men he gave praise too - Oneill McGuigan were mentioned. And when you watch it again there was a lot of players involved in making it happen. Team play is a huge part of what Harte believes in so it's hardly surprising he looked at it that way.

There is a lot of bitter men in Tyrone. Watching that show last night reminds you of what Mickey Harte has did for the county, the greatest manager this county has produced by a long long way. And still going strong with a fair chance of putting together our first 3 in a row ulster success and who knows after that. I say appreciate the man when he's still there instead of the constant digs and negativity. Tyrone abu.

100% spot on! Enjoy the wins and take the criticism from the south with a pinch of salt

driveherin

Sure everything good has to start somewhere! Remember that point Maurice Fitz scored from the sideline?? Sure if it hadn't been kicked over the line he wouldn't have scored it! Mugsy shouldn't have written a book!! Only Mickey is allowed to write a book!

skeog

STG if you have read Owens book he tells a few storys that would tell you why he got early retirement lol.Not enough Mugsys about now no fun all serious muscle bound robots.

driveherin

Stevie O'Neill lost possession and then won it back before passing it into Mugsy...but sure that was all planned Mickey eh.... #wiseup #completehorsesh*t

GlenMan

Quote from: driveherin on March 29, 2018, 04:49:18 PM
Stevie O'Neill lost possession and then won it back before passing it into Mugsy...but sure that was all planned Mickey eh.... #wiseup #completehorsesh*t

Did Mickey say it was planned? He was just giving an overview of the overall play leading up to the goal.

Owen tells the exact same thing here - http://www.the42.ie/owen-mulligan-goal-tyrone-dublin-1231492-Dec2013/. He talks about McGuigan and O'Neills involvement among others.

Calm down man.

omagh_gael

Jesus there are some princesses around the county.

longballin

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 29, 2018, 07:52:32 PM
Jesus there are some princesses around the county.

Speaking of which when is Omagh going to hold the half-time draw for Sunday's Tyrone -Kerry game, I'm sitting in the stand with my wee lads waiting on it, and freezing!

omagh_gael

I'm afraid I can't answer. I'm a Loughmacrory man now, been out of the town for 7 years! I'll send my Mum over with a flask of tea, though ;)