All Ireland Football Final Tickets

Started by Dinny Breen, August 12, 2019, 11:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All Ireland 2019 Dublin v Kerry

I am neutral and would pay €90 if offered a ticket
35 (25.4%)
I am neutral and would not pay €90 if offered a ticket
85 (61.6%)
I am from a competing county and would have no problem paying €90 if offered a ticket
14 (10.1%)
I am from a competing county and would reluctantly pay €90 if offered a ticket
2 (1.4%)
I am from a competing county and can't afford to bring the family and don't want to go alone.
2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 138

Voting closed: September 01, 2019, 11:29:47 AM

Dinny Breen

Curious as to the level of interest in going to the final.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

I don't think I will go to another final until the GAA deals with the Dublin funding issue
The competition is a joke.

I'd love to hear the real reasons why county managers resigned in 2019. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lurganblue

Good Poll this.  Will be an interesting result.  I'm obviously neutral but i voted that i wouldn't pay the 90 if offered.  Ive been to quite a few football finals as a neutral too in the past.

mup

I haven't attended an inter county game in 6 or 7 years. Nor do I have any intention of doing so in the future. When they address the elephant in the room then I'll consider going back.

The club scene keeps me going now.

The Trap

Same as Mup. I used to go to all Tyrone games but haven't been in quite a while. I much prefer club games. Cant see me going to county games in the future now that I am out of the habit.

highorlow

I'm going and bringing a mate from Dublin along, Corporate Freebie tickets on the way, other than that I wouldn't bother me hole and likely to be my last one for a while (even if offered a freebie next year).

Don't think I'll bother with any inter county match next year.

The blast or some other Mayo poster on here said it's all about the journey, bollicks to that it's about winning the "competition", tired of it at this stage, hopeless cause, no county will compete with Dublin again.

Think I'll just start to travel down home for the club championship matches from now on.

You probably need to add in lines "only going because of season ticket" or "only going because of a freebie"
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on August 12, 2019, 11:41:47 AM
I don't think I will go to another final until the GAA deals with the Dublin funding issue

Why aren't Dublin winning all the minor and U20 titles? Everyone is ignoring the most critical reason for their success in my eyes - Jim Gavin and his backroom team. Similar to Alex Ferguson at Manchester United in another sport he just keeps serial winners ravenously hungry for further success. When he deems you're past your sell by date you're gone and replaced. Like Manchester United, Dublin never wanted for resources. They lacked proper leadership. Remember the pre-Gavin era whae Dublin were loud mouthed, goading, scoreboard pointing losers?

Of course the financial investment has improved Dublin GAA and increased participation rates. Has it really improved their senior football team? I'm not so sure. Participation rates have increased in Dublin but still lag behind the national average so population is far, far more of a factor than the caoching money.

Huge sponsorship (which was always there) has paid for the massive backroom team. I'd have way more issue with the sponsorship and the money that's spent on their county team(s). THAT's the truly unfair advantage. It'll never happen but there should be a cap on what can be spent on county teams and a central pool for sponsorship monies with every county getting an even share. If Dublin had no one to play would their sponsors pump the money in? Of course not so I think THIS is the area of real imbalance. Sugar Daddy sponsors would also have to come under the "sponsorship" umbrella. That's if we want to have a level playing field.

seafoid

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 12, 2019, 12:23:35 PM

Why aren't Dublin winning all the minor and U20 titles? Everyone is ignoring the most critical reason for their success in my eyes - Jim Gavin and his backroom team. Similar to Alex Ferguson at Manchester United in another sport he just keeps serial winners ravenously hungry for further success. When he deems you're past your sell by date you're gone and replaced. Like Manchester United, Dublin never wanted for resources. They lacked proper leadership. Remember the pre-Gavin era whae Dublin were loud mouthed, goading, scoreboard pointing losers?

Of course the financial investment has improved Dublin GAA and increased participation rates. Has it really improved their senior football team? I'm not so sure. Participation rates have increased in Dublin but still lag behind the national average so population is far, far more of a factor than the caoching money.

Huge sponsorship (which was always there) has paid for the massive backroom team. I'd have way more issue with the sponsorship and the money that's spent on their county team(s). THAT's the truly unfair advantage. It'll never happen but there should be a cap on what can be spent on county teams and a central pool for sponsorship monies with every county getting an even share. If Dublin had no one to play would their sponsors pump the money in? Of course not so I think THIS is the area of real imbalance. Sugar Daddy sponsors would also have to come under the "sponsorship" umbrella. That's if we want to have a level playing field.

they don't care about underage or the League

Kevin McStay :

"They empty out pockets, go on dummy runs. They will make 50-metre runs just to get a short kickout – and often won't get the ball at all. Sooner or later the tracker gets tired and switches off, and then the openings come. After that, as happened to Roscommon, the floodgates open."

Irish Times
"The sight of a once vicious rivalry surviving on life support is the GAA's primetime product on the third weekend of June in 2019."

You can add the second weekend of August to that

manfromdelmonte
"Dubs skill level is much higher than most teams
Kick with both feet, pass off either hand, step off either foot
Plus maximise every advantage going - 3/4 steps extra while bouncing the ball, cutting in front of chasing player while soloing or running, setting screens to get space to shoot.
All highly coachable"

Irish Times

"But if there was a moment that symbolised the state of the game, it was  Angus Lyons, making his Primrose debut, surrounded by seven blue shirts and relieved off the ball. Jonny Cooper helped him up off the ground as the blue shirts sprinted across the savannah. They led by 2-21 to 0-11 at the time and were growing stronger by the second. The message was clear. Abandon hope all ye who enter here."

"sooner or later Dublin will identify an excellent replacement candidate and will bring through complete players that we haven't heard of.
Brian Howard and Eoin Murchan just came into the senior team as the fully achieved thing. It seemed like these guys walked in off the street but, of course, they didn't. And there are many more like them waiting in the wings."

It's a system designe for Dublin. f**k competition 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Would never pay €90 to see 2 other Counties play.
Wouldnt go to an AI Final involving other Counties even if I got  free ticket.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

David McKeown

I attended every football final not including replays from 1993 to 2014. I then got married All Ireland weekend 2015.  I haven't been at a final since and have little interest in this years game. I really don't like the condensed calendar or Dublin's dominance.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Targetman

I was at the match yesterday as a neutral and to be honest I've no interest in going to the final, the pub and a few pints will do well

inexile

Was a club secretary for 6 years and had first dibs on a ticket. Never took up the option once. I could never justify, to myself, the cost of the day out (ticket, travel & food) to watch a match I had no real interest in. 

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on August 12, 2019, 12:29:41 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 12, 2019, 12:23:35 PM

they don't care about underage or the League

Kevin McStay :

"They empty out pockets, go on dummy runs. They will make 50-metre runs just to get a short kickout – and often won't get the ball at all. Sooner or later the tracker gets tired and switches off, and then the openings come. After that, as happened to Roscommon, the floodgates open."

Irish Times
"The sight of a once vicious rivalry surviving on life support is the GAA's primetime product on the third weekend of June in 2019."

You can add the second weekend of August to that

manfromdelmonte
"Dubs skill level is much higher than most teams
Kick with both feet, pass off either hand, step off either foot
Plus maximise every advantage going - 3/4 steps extra while bouncing the ball, cutting in front of chasing player while soloing or running, setting screens to get space to shoot.
All highly coachable"

Irish Times

"But if there was a moment that symbolised the state of the game, it was  Angus Lyons, making his Primrose debut, surrounded by seven blue shirts and relieved off the ball. Jonny Cooper helped him up off the ground as the blue shirts sprinted across the savannah. They led by 2-21 to 0-11 at the time and were growing stronger by the second. The message was clear. Abandon hope all ye who enter here."

"sooner or later Dublin will identify an excellent replacement candidate and will bring through complete players that we haven't heard of.
Brian Howard and Eoin Murchan just came into the senior team as the fully achieved thing. It seemed like these guys walked in off the street but, of course, they didn't. And there are many more like them waiting in the wings."

It's a system designe for Dublin. f**k competition

They don't care about underage? I'm sorry but you're not really making an argument. Quoting people saying how good they are is only a statement of fact - we're trying to establish why.

Of course Dublin have had advantages in terms of money and population. Always. The increase in coaching money is being pointed too as the changing point in Dublin's success rate but I just think that's far too simple. I think it's more to do with Jim Gavin and Jason Sherlock's tactical brilliance, a goalkeeper who has revolutionised the game, probably the greatest midfielder the game has ever seen along along with the sponsorship money and no travel expenses enabling a professional setup only a couple of other counties can match.

I may be wrong and the bohemoth will carry on regardless when Jim Gavin and co walk off into the sunset but I'm not convinced.

BennyCake

Seanie who is the greatest mf the game has seen?

BennyCake

I'm not even sure i would go to this final even if I was given a free ticket, never mind paying €90 for one.

I'm in two minds if I'll even watch it live, and I've never missed watching (or attending) a final since 1985.