Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Quote from: Ambrose on December 13, 2019, 03:02:56 AM
Quote from: Rois on December 13, 2019, 03:00:32 AM
Yeoooooo!!

You wouldn't be sitting up tonight if you'd moved to Lurgan.  8)
Ha. My family (myself, sisters and bro in law) represent 5 of the loaned votes in NB, motivated by the desire to remove Nigel Dodds. Good to see they weren't wasted. Finucane is the same age as me and we have mutual friends. For me as an SDLP member and supporter, he was the best possible option. I would have found it much harder/impossible  with Gerry Kelly. 

weareros

Could FST screw it all up. Tom Elliott could win.

screenexile

Quote from: weareros on December 13, 2019, 03:14:16 AM

Why would it?? As long as the DUP are fucked Sinn Fein's vote doesn't particularly matter!!

weareros

Quote from: screenexile on December 13, 2019, 03:18:30 AM

Why would it?? As long as the DUP are fucked Sinn Fein's vote doesn't particularly matter!!

If nationalists win more seats, sends a big signal. So hoping FST does not turn that.

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on December 13, 2019, 03:00:39 AM
Quote from: screenexile on December 13, 2019, 02:49:00 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on December 13, 2019, 02:36:44 AM
Quote from: screenexile on December 13, 2019, 02:28:32 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on December 13, 2019, 02:22:58 AM
Quote from: screenexile on December 13, 2019, 02:04:16 AM
Quote from: smelmoth on December 13, 2019, 01:45:22 AM
Quote from: screenexile on December 12, 2019, 10:06:10 PM
It's been coming... tell me again how Keir Starmer wouldn't have done any better??!!

Buckle up folks!!!

Because he isn't in a position to stop the swing to the Brexit party

I think it's fair to say Labours fence sitting/anti-semitism/Corbyns past/"freedom fighter" sympathies/nationalisation of everything under the sun all contributed to the defeat at least as much as the Brexit party.

Starmer would have sorted out most of the above!

Swing to Brexit party. Remember that in your "analysis"

Keep towing the Momentum line!!

https://twitter.com/jonnygeller/status/1205294406498181120

My point is valid. What is the swing to Tories? What is the swing to Brexit party? What is the swing to others?

We'll know in the morning and while it may be the case Corbyns leadership is a much bigger factor I would contend.

Given what the Tories have done to the country for the last 9 years it's madness to suggest that someone other than Corbyn could not have performed any better. Blaming the Brexit Party for the result is a small part of the overall failure!!!

Screenexile.....maybe the Tories arent as bad as the media would have you believe. 

Youre implying that people who voted for the Tories are stupid

Thats exactly the elitist dismissive obnoxious attitude that has led to this battering

Put it this way... there were less homeless people on the streets 10 years ago... I got a knee operation in 6 months 10 years ago where it's now over a 2 year wait... my local primary school are about to go into the red for the first time in their history.

The Tories are every bit as bad as the media/factual and anecdotal evidence would have you believe!!!

You're misunderstanding my point. I think people know how bad the Tories are yet Labour were so totally inept in this election, that they were unable to offer the public a credible alternative to one of the worst periods of government in UK history!!

smelmoth

It's been coming... tell me again how Keir Starmer wouldn't have done any better??!!

Buckle up folks!!!

I think it's fair to say Labours fence sitting/anti-semitism/Corbyns past/"freedom fighter" sympathies/nationalisation of everything under the sun all contributed to the defeat at least as much as the Brexit party.

My point is valid. What is the swing to Tories? What is the swing to Brexit party? What is the swing to others?

We'll know in the morning and while it may be the case Corbyns leadership is a much bigger factor I would contend.

Given what the Tories have done to the country for the last 9 years it's madness to suggest that someone other than Corbyn could not have performed any better. Blaming the Brexit Party for the result is a small part of the overall failure!!!

Yes we will know more in the morning but you will at least accept that in the seats declared to date that the swing that resulted in the the seat being lost by Labour has been the swing to the Brexit Party?

Windmill abu

W*nker. DUP were not standing in FST. The days of Nationalist votes not mattering are in the past.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

screenexile

Quote from: Windmill abu on December 13, 2019, 03:31:17 AM

W*nker. DUP were not standing in FST. The days of Nationalist votes not mattering are in the past.

::) ::)

RedHand88

SFs abortion policy is costing them in Fermanagh South Tyrone.

screenexile

JPGJOHNNYG

Don't know how the unionists keep getting the vote out in FST. That seat shouldn't have been competitive for about 10 yrs

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on December 13, 2019, 03:27:09 AM
Quote from: whitey on December 13, 2019, 03:00:39 AM

Buckle up folks!!!

Screenexile.....maybe the Tories arent as bad as the media would have you believe. 

Youre implying that people who voted for the Tories are stupid

Thats exactly the elitist dismissive obnoxious attitude that has led to this battering

Put it this way... there were less homeless people on the streets 10 years ago... I got a knee operation in 6 months 10 years ago where it's now over a 2 year wait... my local primary school are about to go into the red for the first time in their history.

The Tories are every bit as bad as the media/factual and anecdotal evidence would have you believe!!!

You're misunderstanding my point. I think people know how bad the Tories are yet Labour were so totally inept in this election, that they were unable to offer the public a credible alternative to one of the worst periods of government in UK history!!

Wow...so lifetime Labour voters in working class districts, that bore the brunt of Tory policies over the past decade, for the first time in their lives, voted Conservative this time out? 

screenexile

gallsman

Gildernew has never lost when it's a straight fight against a unionist, can hopefully keep the record up.

Pengelly is absolutely useless. DUP line all night has been about still being relevant and having to fight Johnson's deal for the people of norn iron. She stands there going on about how 33,000 people in South Belfast voted for remain despite spending campaign talking about your she represents all of them. Then says tough shit, Boris is in power with a huge majority and his deal is going through and we need to get used to it.

playwiththewind1st

Just back in from working on the count at Titanic. Couple of spectacular results, in North & South Belfast.