Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: whitegoodman on December 13, 2020, 12:47:36 PM
Fury beat Klitschko by dancing around the ring for 12 rounds, AJ knocked him out !

Fury beat him by outclassing him with superior boxing skills.

whitegoodman

I wouldn't dispute that but how many fights of Fury out of 31 has been against top 5 rank opponents?  I would suggest 3 including 2 against Wilder.  David Price would beat the opponents he faced on his comeback ffs.

nrico2006

Quote from: whitegoodman on December 13, 2020, 03:09:23 PM
I wouldn't dispute that but how many fights of Fury out of 31 has been against top 5 rank opponents?  I would suggest 3 including 2 against Wilder.  David Price would beat the opponents he faced on his comeback ffs.

Who is top 5 firstly?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: whitegoodman on December 13, 2020, 12:47:36 PM
Fury beat Klitschko by dancing around the ring for 12 rounds, AJ knocked him out !

Lololol. This is an appalling take. Fury utterly bamboozled and outboxed a 10 year champion in his own back yard. AJ beat the same guy having been floored by him after he should have been finished.

whitegoodman

Bottom line is Fury didn't have the power to take him out, AJ did.  If he catches Fury he will do the same.

BTW why do u have to be so condescending in everything u say.  Do u believe ur the fountain of all knowledge on boxing and if someone says something that u don't agree with then they are obviously wrong?

JimStynes

Quote from: whitegoodman on December 13, 2020, 03:41:14 PM
Bottom line is Fury didn't have the power to take him out, AJ did.  If he catches Fury he will do the same.

BTW why do u have to be so condescending in everything u say.  Do u believe ur the fountain of all knowledge on boxing and if someone says something that u don't agree with then they are obviously wrong?

It's heavyweight boxing. 90% of the them have the power to knock the other one out as Ruiz did to Joshua. Joshua will need to try and knock fury out. If it's a boxing match there will only be one winner.

glens73

Quote from: whitegoodman on December 13, 2020, 03:41:14 PM

If, that's a very big if, Fury's a much better mover and better than anyone AJ has faced. Wilder couldn't ko fury, though he almost did first time around. Fury's got 100% confidence in his game, to my mind AJ doesn't after his defeat, that doesn't leave in a hurry, the mark of a defeat like that.

whitegoodman

We will see, you could be right but I think Fury is so highly rated based on beating a past his peak Klitschko and a one dimensional Wilder.

Look I don't believe by any means that AJ will definitely win but I do think it's more of a 50/50 fight than some on here would want u to believe.  AJ won an Olympic gold and has a great jab so he can obviously box.  I also think he will have little fear of Fury's lack of real top level power so he won't be as conservative as he has been in some of his recent fights.

whitegoodman

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 13, 2020, 03:24:55 PM

Who is top 5 firstly?

White, Parker, Povetkin.  Even the likes of Takem and Breazeale are of a higher quality than many of Fury's opponents.  Am I right in saying that Fury has never actually defended a world title ?

nrico2006

Quote from: whitegoodman on December 13, 2020, 04:03:15 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 13, 2020, 03:24:55 PM

Who is top 5 firstly?

White, Parker, Povetkin.  Even the likes of Takem and Breazeale are of a higher quality than many of Fury's opponents.  Am I right in saying that Fury has never actually defended a world title ?

Fury schooled Klitschko and there is nothing to suggest that Klitschko was past his peak. Joshua has fought more top 10 fighters, but that doesnt mean anything. Fury has two bigger wins than AJ. Povetkin, Whyte and Parker are all decent but nothing special. Joshua is a brilliant fighter too but doesnt have the fitness, punch resistance or skills that Fury does. As said earlier, Joshua likes to dictate the pace, once the tempo is upped he gases. He still looked a but hesitant last night and also gave up against Ruiz which isn't a good sign.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

The opposition was awful, albeit too brave for his own good, but GGG looked good last night. Third fight against Canelo, who fights tonight, still very much a possibility.

JimStynes

Quote from: gallsman on December 19, 2020, 07:55:11 AM
The opposition was awful, albeit too brave for his own good, but GGG looked good last night. Third fight against Canelo, who fights tonight, still very much a possibility.

Canelo timed the fight perfect when GGG was just on the slide. Interesting fight tonight with the size difference but Canelo should still win handy enough.

BennyHarp

Canelo is class. Completely dominating Smith here.
That was never a square ball!!

gawa316

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 20, 2020, 05:19:36 AM
Canelo is class. Completely dominating Smith here.

Just too good

JimStynes

Dominant performance again from Canelo