New Years honours list

Started by seafoid, December 30, 2017, 01:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: stew on January 01, 2018, 11:24:18 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 01, 2018, 04:34:20 AM
The Queen was welcomed to Ireland in 2011.Michael D Higgins willingly undertook a state visit two years later.How can anyone condemn anyone accepting British Honours List awards?

Mickey D and the shinners are west brits, they fawned over Lizzie and it was sickening to see, it is very simple Tony, the brits should hand out honours to british people, you can deal in semantics all you want however the fact remains a lot of people have issues with those that take these gongs from the brits, me included.

Martin O'Neill took his award and said it was for Celtic FC, he took the award, he got the award not Celtic and he should have declined the award, in my opinion, since my opinion does not matter, he was happy to accept an OBE and it is a direct reflection on himself, not Celtic FC.

Lizzie-fawning (early contender for word of the year) was a bit cringeworthy tbh, but it's trying to normalise such things in this cesspit. And if anything, shows up unionist politicans for their petty behaviour if they don't reciprocate.

Had the Celtic hierarchy anything to do with Martin accepting? The bigger picture, and all that.

T Fearon

No nationalist should countenance British Rule in Ireland,but the vast majority of nationalists, North and South, exhorted to do so by every one of their political leaders,voted for British Rule in the North in 1998.

To criticise someone for accepting a New Years Award is laughingly hypocritical therefore😂😂😂

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on January 01, 2018, 01:55:33 PM
No nationalist should countenance British Rule in Ireland,but the vast majority of nationalists, North and South, exhorted to do so by every one of their political leaders,voted for British Rule in the North in 1998.

To criticise someone for accepting a New Years Award is laughingly hypocritical therefore😂😂😂

So what would happen if you waned to vote down south Tony?

We in the six have no choice in what elections we vote in, we dont get a vote down south therefore we have to play by the rules of the british, there is no other option, therefore there is no hypocrisy Tony, simply political reality!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Stew, during the GFA negotiations the United Ireland option wasn't even on the table? Why

The agreement which formally endorsed British Rule in the North and removal of Articles 2 and 3 of the constitution,relinquishing all claims on the North by Dublin were affirmed by separate referenda North and South in which all nationalist leaders,Hume,Adams and Ahern urged nationalists to vote for British Rule in the North.

This was far more shameful than anybody accepting a meaningless award,enjoying five minutes of fame and a big day out in London.

Rossfan

I take it Tony has now given up on "northernirishness"??😀
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

Not in the slightest.Just laughing at nationalists complaining about people from a nationalist background accepting Honours from the British Queen when they themselves voted for Britain to have sovereignty over the North!😂😂😂😂😂😂

Orior

Here's an example of the British honours system. Ladies and gentlemen and others, I give you Lord Kilclooney

https://twitter.com/kilclooneyjohn?lang=en

QuoteWhat an incredible victory of Ulster over Munster - albeit assisted by a few non Ulstermen

QuoteJust as I would like to see Englishmen on theEngland Test Cricket Team I would like to see Leinster men playing rugby for Leinster; Ulstermen playing for Ulster etc. Alas money now prevails and these teams are no longer entirely local!

QuotePiers Morgan is one of a minority who wrongly thinks that England is a country - in fact it is one of 4 nations in the country known as the UK. I do not reduce myself to his level by insults but simply try to educate him. A Chinese born in England is Chinese and not English!

Best reply to his rant about the Ulster rugby team including non-ulster men was that he should follow the GAA, lol.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Quote from: Orior on January 01, 2018, 08:17:11 PM
Here's an example of the British honours system. Ladies and gentlemen and others, I give you Lord Kilclooney

https://twitter.com/kilclooneyjohn?lang=en

QuoteWhat an incredible victory of Ulster over Munster - albeit assisted by a few non Ulstermen

QuoteJust as I would like to see Englishmen on theEngland Test Cricket Team I would like to see Leinster men playing rugby for Leinster; Ulstermen playing for Ulster etc. Alas money now prevails and these teams are no longer entirely local!

QuotePiers Morgan is one of a minority who wrongly thinks that England is a country - in fact it is one of 4 nations in the country known as the UK. I do not reduce myself to his level by insults but simply try to educate him. A Chinese born in England is Chinese and not English!

Best reply to his rant about the Ulster rugby team including non-ulster men was that he should follow the GAA, lol.

Orior your naming of the proposed stadium at the maze on owc, 'The orange Bowl' cracked me up, especially after the planters went absolutely ape shit and banned you after it, simply brilliant comedic timing and it provoked the tremendously funny reponse, it was an iconic moment on there, one of the few, the other one that stands out is the bloke who thought the five year old who won a blue Peter competition but got the Ulster fleg wrong was another.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

vallankumous

Quote from: T Fearon on January 01, 2018, 01:55:33 PM

I disagree, the GFA was a peer based decision.

The awards are a not.

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on January 01, 2018, 06:47:41 PM
Not in the slightest.Just laughing at nationalists complaining about people from a nationalist background accepting Honours from the British Queen when they themselves voted for Britain to have sovereignty over the North!😂😂😂😂😂😂

Is that why you were commenting in the Belfast Telegraph last week that joint rule was now the only option? How does that square with your cheerleading for an independent statelet?

armaghniac

Quote from: red hander on January 04, 2018, 04:54:49 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 01, 2018, 06:47:41 PM

Is that why you were commenting in the Belfast Telegraph last week that joint rule was now the only option? How does that square with your cheerleading for an independent statelet?

He adjusts the WUM message to the audience.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

The GFA was not a vote for British rule. It was a vote to accept it for the time being but agree to a means by which it can be ended. The wording of the referendum was not "Do you want to join a sovereign united Ireland right now?"