Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: GJL on February 13, 2020, 02:07:05 PM
Quote from: five points on February 13, 2020, 02:05:33 PM
Quote from: weareros on February 13, 2020, 02:04:27 PM
Is it possible old Boris is looking at events in Ireland (with Sinn Fein) and US (with Bernie), where a protest youth vote altered or is altering the political landscape, and has decided a more youthful cabinet is needed.

Good point.

Boris is safe for 5 years in power. Why would he worry or change tactics to appease any section of voters?

Freshening up your cabinet is hardly appeasing anyone.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: JohnDenver on February 13, 2020, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: mouview on February 13, 2020, 01:37:07 PM
Quote from: GJL on February 13, 2020, 12:16:51 PM
Javid just resigned as chancellor with a budget due in 4 weeks! Maybe today not going quite to plan for Boris!

Serves Javid right; started out as a Remainer, until he decided his career would be better suited by switching to Leave.
Interesting back story though, seems his advisors didn't get along with Cummings who seems to be running the whole show. Going to be a few disgruntled back benchers about when this reshuffle is over. Long may it cause foment in the Tory party.

Doesn't seem to be the same furore about unelected Cummings pulling the strings compared the dark forces within Sinn Féin....

or those dastardly unelected european bureaucrats
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: five points on February 13, 2020, 02:05:09 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on February 13, 2020, 01:55:25 PM
Doesn't seem to be the same furore about unelected Cummings pulling the strings compared the dark forces within Sinn Féin....

There will be when they find out that Cummings has an illegal private army.

Do they need another confidence/supply agreement with the DUPUDA?
i usse an speelchekor

johnnycool

The stereotypical Tory Brandon Perma-tan Lewis is on his way to put the Oirish Oinks in their place..

bennydorano

Shoddy if not unexpected treatment of Smith, a remainer who apparently wasnt afraid to tell Johnston blunt truths. I suspect they also want someone who will be less than vigorous investigating breaches of the Withdrawal agreement in relation to internal UK trade 'checks' between the islands.

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on February 13, 2020, 05:27:47 PM
Shoddy if not unexpected treatment of Smith, a remainer who apparently wasnt afraid to tell Johnston blunt truths. I suspect they also want someone who will be less than vigorous investigating breaches of the Withdrawal agreement in relation to internal UK trade 'checks' between the islands.

https://www.ft.com/content/f1e8b996-4e59-11ea-95a0-43d18ec715f5
"While Mr Javid's departure was clearly unintended, it fits the theme of this reshuffle, which is that compliance was more important that competence."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

Zero remainers in the cabinet now... There will be a hard fall this time next year!!

mouview

Quote from: screenexile on February 13, 2020, 11:07:04 PM
Zero remainers in the cabinet now... There will be a hard fall this time next year!!

Hmmmm... Leadsom, Villiers were as Hard Leave as they came, Cox was Leave-leaning also, Javid a convert. More a BJ/Cummings loyalist firm than a Brexit job. Every day that passes though, UK moves inexorably towards being absolutely f*cked. EU negotiators will run rings around them. 

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on February 13, 2020, 11:52:44 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 13, 2020, 11:07:04 PM

Hmmmm... Leadsom, Villiers were as Hard Leave as they came, Cox was Leave-leaning also, Javid a convert. More a BJ/Cummings loyalist firm than a Brexit job. Every day that passes though, UK moves inexorably towards being absolutely f*cked. EU negotiators will run rings around them.

He doesn't need them.The next stage is like a military coup - taking control of the CBI, the BBC, the military elite.
The UK is going to be like Poland and Turkey. Authoritarian, nationalistic and the ultra rich in charge.

I wouldn't like to be a loyalist. The next few years are going to be very confusing in Tigers Bay.

seafoid

https://ancroiait.wordpress.com/tag/taimse-imchodladh/

Go bhfeicfeadh an lá a mbeidh ár  Shasanaigh ughaim ar a ndroim is iad ag treabhadh is ag branar dúinn.

Would that I see the day when the English were bent over and they plowing and tilling for us,

trailer

Its a purge. SF trying something similar in Dublin by banning Journos.

tyrone08

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on February 14, 2020, 06:36:12 PM
Brexiteer complains about about what it means to be a British citizen travelling in the EU now & in the future... (though nothing's actually changed - he's in the non-Schengen queue AIUI, open to correction)

Colin Browning @ColinBrowning14
"Absolutely disgusting service at Schiphol airport. 55 minutes we have been stood in the immigration queue. This isn't the Brexit I voted for."
https://twitter.com/colinbrowning14/status/1227906931450425344

In case you don't fancy clicking the link, and I wouldn't blame you, this is his Twitter profile Bio...

QuoteLove all things Leicestershire, STH at LCFC since 1981. Love a pint of Tiger. Let's make Britain Great again 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 One of the 17.4 #Brexiteer

To be honest I suspect that this is troll account or someone on the piss take. There should be no delays yet for UK citizens and judging my some of the other posts it seems like they are deliberately annoying people to get a reaction

Sportacus

Brandon Lewis says "there will be no border in the Irish Sea" (RTE News).  Their handshake isn't worth much.

bennydorano

It's a house of cards, but they've that  big a majority they can pretty much do as they please in Government until external realities bring them to a shuddering halt.  When this happens they'll blame all and sundry (EU mainly) and continue as though nothing happened. Cummins trying to stop access to non friendly Journalists, disinformation along Trump lines and bringing in compliant ministers is all long game planning.  I agree that it's on a dangerous road to authoritarianism, but will the UK Media realise before they're neutered.

seafoid

Quote from: bennydorano on February 15, 2020, 10:32:00 AM
It's a house of cards, but they've that  big a majority they can pretty much do as they please in Government until external realities bring them to a shuddering halt.  When this happens they'll blame all and sundry (EU mainly) and continue as though nothing happened. Cummins trying to stop access to non friendly Journalists, disinformation along Trump lines and bringing in compliant ministers is all long game planning.  I agree that it's on a dangerous road to authoritarianism, but will the UK Media realise before they're neutered.

Ayn Rand  - "you can ignore reality but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."

Aguisin

irishtimes.com/news/politics/surprise-and-anger-following-sacking-of-julian-smith-as-northern-secretary-1.4172938...

"Margaret McGuckin of victims' group, Savia accused Mr Johnson of "doing a hatchet job on one of the nicest, kindest" Northern secretaries who had been a "God-send" to victims of historical institutional abuse."