Ulster Club SFC 2016

Started by WT4E, September 27, 2016, 10:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 08:39:13 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 13, 2016, 08:29:14 PM
If slaughtniel win the final then only 4 teams have won the last 10, with us having won 6. What does that say about how competitive Ulster is in general never mind Tyrone?

I think Cross and to a certain extent Bellaghy in that winning it with different squads over the time of this competition have pedigree.. Which helps, players grow up with that winning mentality, if Tyrone teams had more wins it could spare others on I suppose

Ah I'm not sure. There would be 18-19 of the current squad with 6 medals so theres been a fairly consistent squad just with additions and retirements along the way.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 08:49:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 08:47:53 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 08:45:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 08:26:31 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 08:21:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 08:20:07 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 08:17:59 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 08:13:15 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 08:08:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 08:02:03 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 07:59:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 07:56:31 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 07:46:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 07:38:47 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 07:33:29 PM
They were beaten by a better side but I don't think they are out of place playing the likes of Slaughtneil.

They didn't compete and they are the current Tyrone champions, add in Tyrones unfortunate history in this competition it's a familiar sight...

How many club teams in Ulster are capable of competing with Slaughtneil, in your opinion?

Lavey Kilcoo will be strong too Derrygonnell put up a better show

Would that be Derrygonnelly who Slaughtneil beat by 18 points last year?

Back to the question, how many club teams in Ulster are capable of competing with Slaughtneil?

Was 5 points this year which is competitive in your book  ;D

The point is Tyronies have an inflated opinion on their club football.. I gave you three... how many would you like?

Lavey?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Sure Slaughtneil won their county final by 13 points and have won 3 Derry titles in a row - can't really be that competitive, can it?

You seem to basing the strength of club football in a county on the sole basis of one side, a bizarre logic which you're really struggling to defend. Kilcoo have 5 Down titles on the trot. Scotsown have won three of the last four Monaghan titles. Crossmaglen have 19 of the last 21 titles in Armagh. What does this say about the standard of club football in those counties?

That the best teams from these counties best Tyrone teams ?

That answer makes absolutely no sense to the question posed.

I asked you what does it say about the standard of club football in those counties?

That the standard from those clubs is really good?

Why are you avoiding answering the question?

Because it doesn't fit in with your blinkered statements?

I did, doesn't fit with your viewpoint but hey that's how it goes

You were asked what it says about the standard of club football in those counties and you did not answer it.

I did, I said its got obviously better clubs in those countries than Tyrone

Plural?

How can they have better clubs when one side dominates a Championship so much?

They have better clubs cause they've mainly beaten Tyrone teams, certainly at junior and intermediate levels Tyrone are up there. You any reason as to why Tyrone teams are crap?

How many years is this competition running? And how many times have Tyrone teams won it? That should answer all your questions,  in that whole period teams come and go, dominate their club championship for a few years and get a feel for Ulster and how to win, it's completely different style of football played on different intensity levels on testing conditions... that probably is one reason why they haven't performed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Few teams in Ireland have matched Cross in 20 years. You can't therefore say Armagh club football is crap.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: BennyCake on November 13, 2016, 09:05:47 PM
Few teams in Ireland have matched Cross in 20 years. You can't therefore say Armagh club football is crap.

Cross winning county finals on a frequent basis by double digit margins is not really too impressive for the rest of the Armagh clubs.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 09:00:23 PM
They were beaten by a better side but I don't think they are out of place playing the likes of Slaughtneil.

They didn't compete and they are the current Tyrone champions, add in Tyrones unfortunate history in this competition it's a familiar sight...

How many club teams in Ulster are capable of competing with Slaughtneil, in your opinion?

Back to the question, how many club teams in Ulster are capable of competing with Slaughtneil?

The point is Tyronies have an inflated opinion on their club football.. I gave you three... how many would you like?

Lavey?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Sure Slaughtneil won their county final by 13 points and have won 3 Derry titles in a row - can't really be that competitive, can it?

You seem to basing the strength of club football in a county on the sole basis of one side, a bizarre logic which you're really struggling to defend. Kilcoo have 5 Down titles on the trot. Scotsown have won three of the last four Monaghan titles. Crossmaglen have 19 of the last 21 titles in Armagh. What does this say about the standard of club football in those counties?

I asked you what does it say about the standard of club football in those counties?

You were asked what it says about the standard of club football in those counties and you did not answer it.

Plural?

They have better clubs cause they've mainly beaten Tyrone teams, certainly at junior and intermediate levels Tyrone are up there. You any reason as to why Tyrone teams are crap?

How many years is this competition running? And how many times have Tyrone teams won it? That should answer all your questions,  in that whole period teams come and go, dominate their club championship for a few years and get a feel for Ulster and how to win, it's completely different style of football played on different intensity levels on testing conditions... that probably is one reason why they haven't performed

There you go with your inconsistencies again.

You talk about better clubs? But how do we know they have better clubs when the likes of Kilcoo, Crossmaglen, Scotstown and now Slaughtneil are dominating their club championships. You really need to decide what you're arguing here, are you saying those championships have a club which is better than the Tyrone clubs? If so, I would find it hard to disagree. If you're saying that club football is at a higher standard in those counties because they have a super club who dominated, then the point you are making is ridiculous, flawed and easily dismantled.

Your second point also says a lot. Clubs like Crossmaglen, Slaughtneil, Kilcoo and Scotstown (I think we can all agree that they are the top 4 clubs in Ulster now) are there year in year out, they have good experience of what it takes in Ulster and now know the road very well. Difficult for Tyrone clubs as we've had 7 different winners in the last 7 years, these sides only get one crack at it.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Orior on November 13, 2016, 08:25:14 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 11, 2016, 02:56:37 PM
Quote from: Orior on November 10, 2016, 08:35:26 PM
Have Maghery any chance against Kilcoo?

Of course.

With a bit of luck, on an awful wet day and heavy pitch any team is capable of beating each other at this point.

Full-back slips after 2 mins, goal. Goalie drops the wet ball after 5 mins, goal. 6 points down before you begin on a pitch where 10 scores over the hour is a reasonable return...

Clearly

... didn't happen.

Doesn't really take away from the possibility of it happening between two (not totally mis-matched) teams on a given bad day and bad pitch.

edit: Could bomber & milltown piss off and get a room. Half the page is taken up with a dozen bloody nested quotes! I suspect no-one but you two are reading them any more anyway!!
i usse an speelchekor

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 09:18:58 PM

Lavey?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Plural?

You talk about better clubs? But how do we know they have better clubs when the likes of Kilcoo, Crossmaglen, Scotstown and now Slaughtneil are dominating their club championships. You really need to decide what you're arguing here, are you saying those championships have a club which is better than the Tyrone clubs? If so, I would find it hard to disagree. If you're saying that club football is at a higher standard in those counties because they have a super club who dominated, then the point you are making is ridiculous, flawed and easily dismantled.

Your second point also says a lot. Clubs like Crossmaglen, Slaughtneil, Kilcoo and Scotstown (I think we can all agree that they are the top 4 clubs in Ulster now) are there year in year out, they have good experience of what it takes in Ulster and now know the road very well. Difficult for Tyrone clubs as we've had 7 different winners in the last 7 years, these sides only get one crack at it.

Jesus you're worse than TF !! The clubs in other counties are better because when it comes to Ulster club championship they (as in teams from other counties) beat the best of Tyrone teams !!! Now you can waffle on all you like but you haven't anything other to add but 'we've 7 different winners'

Do you agree that Tyrone club football in Ulster is crap? It's ok ya know
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Augher late 70's till mid 80's won three, Trillick same period had won 3 Dromore last few years had 3 Ardboe who beat us in the 80's and of course Carrickmore who I thought had the best chance.. all failed while having great dominance over 6/7 years

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 09:30:00 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 09:18:58 PM

Lavey?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Plural?

Jesus you're worse than TF !! The clubs in other counties are better because when it comes to Ulster club championship they (as in teams from other counties) beat the best of Tyrone teams !!! Now you can waffle on all you like but you haven't anything other to add but 'we've 7 different winners'

Do you agree that Tyrone club football in Ulster is crap? It's ok ya know

You can't even decide what you're arguing now.

I've repeatedly asked you to clarify this matter but all you have done is evade questions and contradict yourself.

I think Tyrone has the strongest club football in the province. They don't have a super club though, they have produced 7 different winners in the past 7 years and none of these sides have been embarrassed in their campaigns.

Coalisland lost to Glenties by a point in the 2010 semi final.
Dromore lost to Ballinderry by 2 points in the 2011 quarter final.
Errigal lost to Cross by 6 points in the 2012 semi final
Clonoe lost to Ballinderry by 4 points in the 2013 semi final
Omagh lost to Slaughneil by a point in the 2014 final
Trillick lost to Scotstown by 2 points in the 2015 semi final
Killclogher lost to Slaughtneil by 6 points in the 2016 semi final

Are those embarrassing results?

Milltown Row2

Yes, it's embarrassing that you still think it's strong championship with only 2 winners from same club  ::)

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 09:47:37 PM
Yes, it's embarrassing that you still think it's strong championship with only 2 winners from same club  ::)

Losing to the eventual provincial champions by a narrow margin is embarrassing?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 09:53:05 PM

What's embarrassing is since 1968 Tyrone have won it twice... what's the excuse?

longballin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 13, 2016, 09:58:15 PM

What's embarrassing is since 1968 Tyrone have won it twice... what's the excuse?

you seem obsessed with Tyrone club football... we get the idea St Galls have won it... not all with local players but won it fair play.

Il Bomber Destro

I don't find it embarrassing. The reason would be that we don't have a super club in Tyrone. The mistake you're making is that you are evaluating a whole club Championship on the basis of one side. Tyrone have fielded 7 different sides at senior Ulster club level and I think they have all given a decent account of themselves, none of them have been on the receiving end of double digit hammerings. I don't think many other counties would be able to put forward that number of teams in that time span and not have one of them embarrass themselves.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 13, 2016, 10:04:57 PM

I don't find it embarrassing. The reason would be that we don't have a super club in Tyrone. The mistake you're making is that you are evaluating a whole club Championship on the basis of one side. Tyrone have fielded 7 different sides at senior Ulster club level and I think they have all given a decent account of themselves, none of them have been on the receiving end of double digit hammerings. I don't think many other counties would be able to put forward that number of teams in that time span and not have one of them embarrass themselves.

Ok, better luck next year