Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 27, 2018, 01:18:40 PM
Mayo were hoping they had a bye and a rest/ looke like they could have a bye bye now,  ;D ::)

Ah now as sure as night follows day, Mayo will win and then draw Ros, big day out for us all in Croke Park, and GAA to make up for lost revenues.

Jinxy

Cavan actually did Kildare a favour by rolling over for the CCCC.
If Cavan stick with their original choice and play in Brewster Park, then more than likely Kildare would have been sent to Tullamore or Portlaoise.
The optics would have been very different and, in my opinion, there wouldn't have been anything like the same level of public support.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

cornetto

The Battle of Newbridge it was always going to be a tough match for either team,I think it will galvanise kildare,  with the off field shenanigans they have the moral victory,definitely give them the motivation for the on field victory as well.will they be good enough?on the carlow showing it will be a cakewalk for mayo but I have a sneaky feeling the week turnaround,                               
age profile,injurys and the weather will have a big impact on mayo.
On that basis in my face the ball prediction I am going for a kildare 2pts win.

Rossfan

Seems there's concert activity in Croker next week ( now you see why they were going for a double header this week) so we'd likely be off to Páirc na Gaoithe if Mayowestros v rest of Ros fixture comes to pass.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Solo_run

The Trap

SKY said they would show these games wherever they were played.......hopefully they do as the start (at least) of this game will be very interesting......
Overall this is the week that the championship came to life without a ball being kicked.........not a PR disaster at all!

giveballaghback

If Mayo are playing Ros its a home game for Rossies, last time we played in the qualifiers the counties tossed for home advantage with the agreement the loser of the toss would have home advantage, its 15 or 16 years ago but it will be the Hyde or another war.  ;)

Rossfan

I remember that now you mention it.
Has anyone got it on paper I wonder or is the shredder going goodo in Bekan?

Dinny Breen

After season ticket holders, sponsors and teams only 1500 tickets each for Mayo and Kildare to distribute.

Kildare will be outnumbered. f**k it, fair price.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

AZOffaly

The GAA statement would annoy you a bit. They've clawed back a bit of respect by doing the right thing, why could they not say 'We apologise for the situation this week. We genuinely misread the situation and had hoped to have a big occasion in Croke Park. We accept that the rules of the competition allow Kildare to have a home game at this stage, and we will endeavour to consult with the relevant counties in the future when considering making such fixture decisions'.

Now it looks like they are scrabbling for some sort of face saving exercise, all they need to do is accept they made a mistake and move on.

Jinxy

Was never going to happen AZ.
My feeling is that the DG and President probably went against the CCCC on this.
If you apologise, then someone has to own the mistake.
I'd imagine when the fuss dies down we'll find out what really happened and there will be a 'lessons have been learned' type statement from the DG, probably as part of a broader print-media piece.
This was a tricky one for Ryan, he's only settling in to his new office and this lands on his lap.
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here as we've ended up with the right outcome, despite some extremely belligerent language from the CCCC over the last couple of days.

mayo.mick

Now that we have the match venue sorted, who's gonna foot the bill for the riot police in Newbridge, Croke PArk or Kildare CB??  :)
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Itchy

I cant wait to see the thread about the fecking GAA and how you cant get tickets and Biddy that never goes to a game has one and poor auld Mickey that hasnt missed a game since 1798 cant get a feckin ticket.

Jinxy

Give the army a run out.
They're only down the road and they've nothin else to do anyway.