2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on March 26, 2018, 11:05:06 AM
Someone from the 6 may have the correct figures but the Catholic populations would be approx
Antrim 200k
Derry 135k
Down 120k.
Derry and Down have had good days but Antrim!!!!
Should always be competitive in Ulster at least.
Tradition should never be underestimated.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: cornetto on March 27, 2018, 04:38:47 PM
Bookies in no doubt of Sunday's outcome

Dublin 2/9

Galway 4/1

Probably correct ,ah the odd outsider comes in too!!
No surprise at those odds, the Dubs have hammered everyone at some stage in the last few years, they didn't manage it in Salthill but the common expectation is that they will do so next Sunday. The two matches against the top team in the country will provide far better, and harsher, evaluations of the current setup and team ahead of the big date on May 13th. It might be only the league but at least there was a general consistency of performance from match to match over the 7 rounds, the first 35 minutes against Monaghan was the only match where I thought "they are at absolutely nothing today", the sending off probably saved them to a certain extent that day.
How much Galway have blown the load with this years league preparation will only be known after the 2018 Championship is over, missing out on the Super 8's would be a disaster, whether Galway make it via Connacht or the back door isn't as important as actually being in that stage of the competition.

I had a quick look at the Galway championship panel for last year on Sunday evening after the Kildare match, I'd be happier that the 30 odd players who will be on the panel for 2018 are an improvement on what was there a year ago, there's proper competition for places at the moment.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 27, 2018, 04:53:08 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 26, 2018, 11:05:06 AM
Someone from the 6 may have the correct figures but the Catholic populations would be approx
Antrim 200k
Derry 135k
Down 120k.
Derry and Down have had good days but Antrim!!!!
Should always be competitive in Ulster at least.
Tradition should never be underestimated.

Roscommon have 23 Connachts compared to Sligo's 3 despite being almost identical in size.

Rossfan

We have 6,500 registered players, Sligo have 4,800. Th'oul soccer 
takes precedence with the Townies.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mouview

Quote from: seafoid on March 29, 2018, 06:14:24 AM
https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/978925414629433345

Football was football then. All right-footers playing in the Galway attack. Rossie goal was a belter.

Dublin have the power, panel and experience for Sunday's final. They've won 5/6 league finals over the past few seasons, are a well-drilled machine and will be anxious to lay down a marker against the coming culchie upstarts from the west. CP is their second home and they'll be keen to return to winning ways after the Monaghan defeat. The odds of 2/9 v 4/1 look about right.

But because sometimes everything we know is wrong, I reckon Galway will bang in a few goals and win by 10+.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mouview on March 29, 2018, 11:42:49 AM

Football was football then. All right-footers playing in the Galway attack. Rossie goal was a belter.

Dublin have the power, panel and experience for Sunday's final. They've won 5/6 league finals over the past few seasons, are a well-drilled machine and will be anxious to lay down a marker against the coming culchie upstarts from the west. CP is their second home and they'll be keen to return to winning ways after the Monaghan defeat. The odds of 2/9 v 4/1 look about right.

But because sometimes everything we know is wrong, I reckon Galway will bang in a few goals and win by 10+.

Corrected that for you.
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

Back when men were men.

Two brilliant goals in that match. Dermor Earley's effort even predated Tony Yeboah.

The Hill is Blue

The truth is anything could happen on Sunday. Galway have been the outstanding team of this year's league - and there is no reason why their impressive form should not continue on Sunday. The Dublin teams of this era have been the best that I have ever seen but finals are 50/50 affairs and the trophy is there to be won be either team.

Enjoy the day.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

From the Bunker

That bit made me laugh! If Croke Park is their second home, where in gods name is there first?

Beffs

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 29, 2018, 03:50:36 PM

That bit made me laugh! If Croke Park is their second home, where in gods name is there first?

Probably Castlebar, given how long it's been since they lost there?  ;D

larryin89

Quote from: Beffs on March 29, 2018, 04:12:10 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 29, 2018, 03:50:36 PM

Probably Castlebar, given how long it's been since they lost there?  ;D

Yes ,.laugh and joke but your comment epitomises the GAA  attitude to this huge unfairness, not one county has the bollix to demand that this farce ends right f**king now. Croke.park is not Dublins home ground and it should not be allowed to continue .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

cornetto

Borrowed this post from the "reservoir dubs site"
Which I have to say is a fairly good with it's balanced views except for the one below which I had to copy.
i know it's not representative of all mayo fans but there is always going to be"One"

The vast majority of us want to see you not alone beat Galway but hammer them so badly that they are broken men (and a broken county). I haven't spoke to one friend or family from Mayo that wants Galway to win. Now I assume Dublin want to bring joy to Dublin more than they do misery to Mayo 

Up the Dubs 

Syferus

Quote from: cornetto on March 29, 2018, 07:25:42 PM
Borrowed this post from the "reservoir dubs site"
Which I have to say is a fairly good with it's balanced views except for the one below which I had to copy.
i know it's not representative of all mayo fans but there is always going to be"One"

The vast majority of us want to see you not alone beat Galway but hammer them so badly that they are broken men (and a broken county). I haven't spoke to one friend or family from Mayo that wants Galway to win. Now I assume Dublin want to bring joy to Dublin more than they do misery to Mayo

Up the Dubs

Did you actually just say that Reservoir Dubs has 'balanced views'?

That's much more incredible than what you posted from a Wille Joe jr.