2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Yep, it's the refrain of the soccer pundits coming to the fore,  "he got the ball" ......  therefore the cleaning out collision should be ignored.

Main Street

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on February 19, 2018, 11:56:16 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 19, 2018, 11:02:58 AM
Quote from: Mayo Border on February 18, 2018, 09:33:48 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on February 18, 2018, 08:22:30 PM
https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/965279353369227264

Looks to me like the Kerry keeper knocks the ball away first and the Monaghan player falls over him after.  No penalty.
As clear a penalty as I've seen. And if the ref gives it, then surely a black card.
A penalty yes but I didn't think it was a black card, it didn't appear to be a deliberate collision to take Kearns out of the play.

We discussed this at the time. It didn't, but the consensus was that a black card was warranted for preventing a definite goal, as Kearns had him beaten. One of those grey areas but definitely a penalty.. I think it would have done Kerry a favour as Murphy had a complete nightmare..

Just listening to RTÉ Radio 1 here - the pundits highly complimentary to Monaghan's continual efforts and not buying into the question posed by Sean O'Rourke re 'the penalty that never was'.
Were you there?  Did you get a coveted seat in the stand?  The pitch looked really rough and cut up, way beyond what a bit of damp weather could do.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 19, 2018, 06:19:40 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 19, 2018, 05:22:52 PM
Given that Galway have a good few players who need badly need a break from the routine of back to back matches, is this the weekend to give the likes of Comer and Cooke a break or at least not have them on from the start?

Possibly but I can't see him resting very many players going down to Kerry.

I think he'll want a strong enough team out against Monaghan at home too after that, especially as they won yesterday. It's probably a game they will have targeted as winnable.

Then you have the Dubs. Rest too many against them and you might end up shipping an awful hiding.

Kildare in the last game is probably when he may well rest a fair few. Especially if they pick up another win before then.

Just don't see him resting anyone, probably the first time in 3 weeks the NUIG lads have a 7 day rest. At least there's a 2 week gap between the Monaghan & Dublin games.

As for the team their won't be many changes although I don't see how Sweeney can keep his place in the forwards but won't be surprised to see McHugh make way for Armstrong.

The only player missing we don't seem to know anything about is Danny Cummins, anyone know when he's back?

Cunny Funt

Kevin Keane and Brian Reape released from the Mayo panel according to today's Mayo News. A bit odd is it not considering the lack of options at full back and Reape is good scoring forward.

An Fhairche Abu

What's the story with Keith Higgins, is he out for the entire league for Mayo?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 20, 2018, 03:42:04 PM
What's the story with Keith Higgins, is he out for the entire league for Mayo?
Busy with the Hurling team at the moment.

cornetto

I don't think you will see Higgins with the footballers at all this year, somehow the commitment would be too much, seeing the super 8s will be here this year.he is happy with the hurlers.dont think mayo want to announce it in case it turns into a side show.
Could be totally wrong!!!!

Syferus

Quote from: cornetto on February 20, 2018, 04:47:03 PM
I don't think you will see Higgins with the footballers at all this year, somehow the commitment would be too much, seeing the super 8s will be here this year.he is happy with the hurlers.dont think mayo want to announce it in case it turns into a side show.

That's some serious backseat psychoanalysis on your part.

Rossfan

I don't think you will see Higgins with the footballers at all this year, somehow the commitment would be too much, seeing the super 8s will be here this year.
Rhubarb arrogance ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

galwayman

Yes you are totally wrong.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on February 20, 2018, 07:02:28 PM
Yes you are totally wrong.

To be fair I do believe that rumour is doing the rounds in Mayo at the moment (that Higgins may not be back). But you know what Mayo is like for rumours. Just ask Lee Keegan.

larryin89

Rumours tend to do the rounds in a situation like higgans. Whether true or not , this is all just coming to the end of the road if not this year ,.next year. These bucks have given it everything , nobody can take that from them . Although they will hate it but there is never going to be another discussion on the greatest team never to win the all Ireland , this Mayo team are miles ahead of all in that category.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on February 20, 2018, 07:13:31 PM
Rumours tend to do the rounds in a situation like higgans. Whether true or not , this is all just coming to the end of the road if not this year ,.next year. These bucks have given it everything , nobody can take that from them . Although they will hate it but there is never going to be another discussion on the greatest team never to win the all Ireland , this Mayo team are miles ahead of all in that category.
I don't think any team would want the title. Galway lost 3 all Irelands in the early 70s.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on February 20, 2018, 06:46:31 PM
I don't think you will see Higgins with the footballers at all this year, somehow the commitment would be too much, seeing the super 8s will be here this year.
Rhubarb arrogance ;D

Down to the Division 2 thread YOU AND Syf. There might be a meet and greet party organised by ye for us next year with the way things are looking! :-X
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

Did McGurk play for Monaghan last Sunday against Kerry? I know he was involved in the first 2 league games.

I was delighted to see him get a chance back home after been playing in Lancashire the last 3 or 4 years, always looked like he was capable of stepping up to this level.