FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornetto

For anyone interested the footballers will be in McGinn's woodquay this evening, celebrating another victory over the mayosters,sounds to me like they are really taking this fbd very seriously indeed!!😁😁

Rossfan

We won but..... A mixture of the good the bad and the awful.
Coulda/shoulda had 3 goals before Enda's handpass was touched by a defender therefore making it a legal goal no matter what Sligoradio might say.
Best on the day - Killoran, Kilroy, Petit while our midfield was awful.
I'd suspect despite losing Paul Taylor might be the happier of the 2 managers.
As pointed out earlier any booing was for wrong decisions by the perpetual Connacht Referee Jerome.
Nice to be able to listen to our manager on Shannonside afterwards. (How long before....)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Brian Reape showing well with another decent score from play. Could he be the scoring forward from play that Mayo so badly need? Galway missing 4 starting forwards today and it showed. McHugh scoring 1-6 of the 1-9 is good going and he should see plenty of starts in the NFL.  I doubt the Mayo county board will be issuing any statements about supporters booing.

Roscommon got the expected win but made hard work of it. Bench looks light and very inexperienced, will need the likes of Devaney,Harney,D Murtagh,B Stack,C Cox fit to stand a chance in Div 1 games.   

highorlow

People getting awful carried away over this FBD "league".

It's the internet's fault I'd say.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

macdanger2

Good to see Reape doing well, any of the other mayo newbies any good? Looking forward to the league starting

cornetto

Fbd final to be played in pearse stadium next Sunday. Thought it would go to tuam but the powers that be!!!

Rossfan

For fk sake :( >:(
I'm surprised Prenty is letting them away with that.
2,000 less attendance than would be in Tuam.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: cornetto on January 13, 2019, 08:46:02 PM
Fbd final to be played in pearse stadium next Sunday. Thought it would go to tuam but the powers that be!!!
You'd want to get the tickets early as it's bound to be a sell-out  ::)

Cunny Funt

I thought the Connacht GAA weren't confirming the venue details until tomorrow?

cornetto

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 13, 2019, 09:11:09 PM

I thought the Connacht GAA weren't confirming the venue details until tomorrow?
You may well be right, a groundsman from pearse stadium that stated that,personally i thought it would be tuam

mayoman dan

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 13, 2019, 07:54:14 PM
Good to see Reape doing well, any of the other mayo newbies any good? Looking forward to the league starting

Im not his biggest fan but i thought Drake done well at corner back.How Conor O Se keeps getting chances is beyond me???

Rossfan

Heard from our lot that it's in Tuam.
Hope they're right and not just wishful thinking.

rosnarun

Quote from: Rossfan on January 14, 2019, 01:36:56 AM

not sure why any one would want to go to Tuam. the stand side is a dup and should probably not ne open the roof is rusting away abd the seat seem to be made for national schools kids
other than that very enjoyable game with Michal daily looking like hes going to Fulfill his potential as he really turned he game in a very Short period.
From a mayo point of View Reape plunket and Mcdonagh look ready to take teir places whenever call on . I think Diskin could do with another year but has massive potential but need to build his strength on the ball .  howmany of the players yesterday will play come summer maybe 5 of the statters for mayo , so would not worry over result.
and I didn't hear any booing
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Randy

Quote from: rosnarun on January 14, 2019, 11:14:52 AM

From a mayo point of View Reape plunket and Mcdonagh look ready to take teir places whenever call on . I think Diskin could do with another year but has massive potential but need to build his strength on the ball .  howmany of the players yesterday will play come summer maybe 5 of the statters for mayo ,

Was hoping Conor Loftus would have made more of his opportunity yesterday. He is in danger of been cut if he doesnt up his game. What did you think?

Maroon Manc

Managed to see some highlights courtesy of MayoMick on youtube. You can't take too much from certain players performances this time of year, the heavier pitch will suit some lads.

Its a huge shame we won't see Silke, Molloy & Wall for a while now and Ian Burke, likely we won't see them at all during the league if Corofin get to the final. Galway's panel will certainly be tested given the loss of the Corofin lads and then missing Conroy, Varley & Brannigan through injury and with Cathal Sweeney opting out. Thats a lot of players to be missing, certainly don't see a repeat of last years league campaign. I'd exepct McDaid and John Daly to get plenty of game time during the league.

Anyone know if Danny Cummins is part of the panel this year? Whats the verdict on Frankie Burke, can't confess to seeing much of him but just doesn't look he possesses the attributes to be playing at this level.