Galway v Tipperary AIQF 31/07/16

Started by Duine Eile, July 25, 2016, 01:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Tipp outstanding and probably should have won by much more. Total system breakdown for Galway their full back line and goalkeeper shown up to be very average players without that system. Back to the drawing board for Kevin Walsh and doubtful if he will be given a 3rd year to turn things around.

mrhardyannual

Difficult day for Galway. Hard on their young lads as they only have to win a game in championship before the media start drooling about "Galway style" and comparing them to a team who won an All Ireland fifty years ago. The full back line was there for the taking all year.
Well done Tipp.

Kurtz

Time to create a single Connacht team  ;D

skeog

mrhardyannual

Should start with a Leinster team.

Mclf

Quote from: Syferus on July 31, 2016, 05:33:18 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 31, 2016, 05:28:06 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 31, 2016, 05:22:27 PM
Told ye. Apologies welcome.

I think every poster here knew you'd do this. Hide away after being shown up and then wait for Galway to have a bad day to claim you were right all along.

I've been posting all along. You seem a bit upset though.

Coward is back I see, a broken clock is even always right eventually, tell us about the great dreamteam of McFod and the mighty galacticos after what happened Clare and Galway today? What's that I hear? Oh it's Syferus running off like a coward again

yellowcard

Great to see a county like Tipp getting to the last 4 and they have beaten Cork, Derry and Galway en route none of whom are complete mugs. That said Micky Harte will have a wry smile this evening, the path to an AI final just became a very smooth one.

From the Bunker

Galways horrible record in Croker continues.

Mclf

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 31, 2016, 06:05:24 PM
Galways horrible record in Croker continues.

Roscommon been shown up as a shockingly poor football team continues also

thebuzz

Absolutely delighted for Tipp even though they buggered up my accumulator :) I was getting abuse at work last week about Derry getting beat by a hurling county but they were brilliant today. If they break even at midfield against either Mayo or Tyrone they will give them plenty of trouble no matter what sweepers are deployed.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: yellowcard on July 31, 2016, 05:59:15 PM
Great to see a county like Tipp getting to the last 4 and they have beaten Cork, Derry and Galway en route none of whom are complete mugs. That said Micky Harte will have a wry smile this evening, the path to an AI final just became a very smooth one.

Aye just like 2004 when Mayo beat them.

BennyHarp

Quote from: never kickt a ball on July 31, 2016, 06:08:22 PM

Aye just like 2004 when Mayo beat them.

Anyone with any knowledge looking at 2004 will understand the reasons!
That was never a square ball!!

From the Bunker

In fairness, Mickey would not have cared less who won today! Tyrone would have held no fear of either.

galwayman

Well done Tipp.
Beaten all over the pitch.
Could have been a 20 point beating.

seafoid

It is a fantastic result for Tipp. Quinlivan must be assured of an All Star.

From a Galway perspective if I had been told they would win Connacht at the start of the year I would have taken it.
At least they are going in the right direction. The team is fairly young and if they learn from this they might do something.   
The football is going to be fairly open for the next few years .

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU