2016 All Stars

Started by ONeill, July 20, 2016, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Canalman on August 23, 2016, 10:35:23 AM
Think we (Dublin) have only the one cert at the moment in Brian Fenton. Lose on Sunday and that is probably all we will have . Imo anyway.

Dublin surely have a couple. Ciaran Kilkenny has been receiving a lot of plaudits for his role. Johnny Cooper has been very good. Dean Rock?

I think Tipp will get one, and if it were me, I'd give it to Sweeney rather than Quinlivan, although both are worthy of a nomination. I expect Evan Comerford, Peter Acheson, and maybe Bill Maher or Robbie Kiely to also get a nomination.

Hound

Bill Maher almost had a great game against Mayo, but he didn't. End product was poor after some great runs

AZOffaly

He was very good against Derry and Galway. I'd expect him to get nominated, but he won't get one. Typical that when he slipped trying to kick a point, the ball went harmless. When Even REgan did the same, it ended up in a goal! Pah.

Mclf

When all is said and done it will be the same as normal, majority of all stars will be Dublin and Roscommon galacticos.

yellowcard

Just thinking about this today and if Dublin win the title we could be looking at a record number of All Stars from one team. There could be as many as 10/11 Dublin players on the final selection such has been their dominance. Scary.

yellowcard

Of teams that are out of the championship the only guaranteed All Stars should be Quinlivan, Harte and Geaney. All the others will be decided after the final result. If Mayo get tanked they will get 1/2 max.

muppet

Keeper - shouldn't get one unless he has a great final
Back 6 - 3 maybe
Midfield - Fenton
Forwards - Rock and Kilkenny are pretty much certs for me, BB & Connolly likely winners, then maybe KMac?

Someone will have a belter in the final and get one, but if any of BB, Connolly or KMac don't go well they won't get one.

8/9 max assuming they walk the final. Win a tight one and it will be less, lose and far less.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Wouldn't have Kilkenny as a cert.
Rock & Kev Mac have been the most consistent forwards.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Il Bomber Destro

Players that would be certs for me.

Dublin - Fenton, McCarthy, Cooper, McManamon, O'Sullivan
Mayo - Clarke, Keegan
Kerry - Geaney
Tyrone - Harte
Donegal - McHugh
Clare - Brennan

Tipp will probably get one with either Sweeney or Quinlavin. Andy Moran is probably pushing hard as well and I feel Cathal McCarron deserves one but will probably miss out. Dublin will grab another forward spot with whoever puts in a big performance in the final making the biggest claim.

It would be a travesty if Ryan McHugh gets robbed of another all star for the third year running.

Jinxy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 29, 2016, 06:21:56 PM
Players that would be certs for me.

Dublin - Fenton, McCarthy, Cooper, McManamon, O'Sullivan
Mayo - Clarke, Keegan
Kerry - Geaney
Tyrone - Harte
Donegal - McHugh
Clare - Brennan

Tipp will probably get one with either Sweeney or Quinlavin. Andy Moran is probably pushing hard as well and I feel Cathal McCarron deserves one but will probably miss out. Dublin will grab another forward spot with whoever puts in a big performance in the final making the biggest claim.

It would be a travesty if Ryan McHugh gets robbed of another all star for the third year running.

Not a hope and if he got one I'd consider it a bit patronising.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Captain Obvious

Current all-star favorites with Paddy power

David Clarke (Mayo)
Johnny Cooper (Dublin)
Philly McMahon (Dublin)
Keith Higgins (Mayo)
Paul Murphy (Kerry)
Cian O Sullivan (Dublin)
Lee Keegan (Mayo)
Gary Brennan (Clare)
Brian Fenton (Dublin)
Ciaran Kilkenny (Dublin)
Aidan O Shea (Mayo)
Diarmuid Connolly (Dublin)
Michael Quinlivan (Tipperary)
Paul Geaney (Kerry)
Kevin McManaman (Dublin)

That's seven for Dublin,four for Mayo,two for Kerry,one each for Tipperary Clare and none for Tyrone.

Wildweasel74

I have M Donnelly in before brennan or have A O`Se at midfield

macdanger2

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 01, 2016, 03:44:00 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2016, 02:39:23 PM
Tipperary will now get one All Star minimum, I'd say Quinlivan has been their most impressive player to date.

Yeah, I'd say you're looking at:

Tipp - min 1
Tyrone - min 1
Kerry - min 1
Mayo, Donegal & Dublin - min 1 if they make a SF
Winners - 7
Losing finalist - 4

At this stage, you're looking at:
Tipp - Quinlivan (outside chance for the keeper)
Tyrone - Harte (outside chance for Donnelly)
Kerry - Geaney and maybe Murphy
Donegal - maybe McHugh

3-4 for the losers, 7-9 for the winners.

Galway would be the first provincial winners in a while to miss out on one but the tanking they took from Tipp has tarnished that in most people's minds

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 29, 2016, 07:22:27 PM

Donnelly's chances are blighted by his black card against Donegal and his non-impact on the game as a result. Sludden is very unlucky but he won't come into serious consideration due to the QF exit. McCarron really deserves one, marked Murphy out of it in the Ulster final and thought he was brilliant against Mayo and was one a handful of players who looked to drag us over the line.

Harte has to be a banker though, superb in pretty much every game for us in Championship, he really should be a nominee for footballer of the year but no chance of that given we didn't make the last 4.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 29, 2016, 08:45:50 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 29, 2016, 07:22:27 PM

Donnelly's chances are blighted by his black card against Donegal and his non-impact on the game as a result. Sludden is very unlucky but he won't come into serious consideration due to the QF exit. McCarron really deserves one, marked Murphy out of it in the Ulster final and thought he was brilliant against Mayo and was one a handful of players who looked to drag us over the line.

Harte has to be a banker though, superb in pretty much every game for us in Championship, he really should be a nominee for footballer of the year but no chance of that given we didn't make the last 4.

No, he doesn't. Not even close. Constant sledging and missing simple scores does not an All-Star make.