2016 All Stars

Started by ONeill, July 20, 2016, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeitChrist

If Mayo get over Tyrone and Diarmuid O'Connor plays well, he'll be a lock for one. If Mayo go all the way, I'd strongly fancy him for FOTY too. If Tyrone come through, Peter Harte has to be in with a good shout and wouldn't be surprised to see Sean Cavanagh grab one. Tiernan McCann has to have a good chance too. Plenty of contenders all over the pitch for Dublin with Brian Fenton sure to pick one up if he keeps up the good form. I reckon Cian O'Sullivan will be there or thereabouts too. James O'Donoghue hasn't played nearly enough football this year to seriously be in contention for FOTY at this stage.

Mclf

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2016, 07:14:31 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 01, 2016, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2016, 02:39:23 PM
Tipperary will now get one All Star minimum, I'd say Quinlivan has been their most impressive player to date.

Very premature to be talking about Tipp being guaranteed an All-Star at this stage.
Teams don't win All-Stars, players do.
Loads of football to be played yet.

98% of the football for the year is in the bank. Damning indictment of the All-Stars that only the games that are left will really factor in judging.

Will the galacticos make it a clean sweep and get all 15 positions?

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on August 01, 2016, 07:14:31 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 01, 2016, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 01, 2016, 02:39:23 PM
Tipperary will now get one All Star minimum, I'd say Quinlivan has been their most impressive player to date.

Very premature to be talking about Tipp being guaranteed an All-Star at this stage.
Teams don't win All-Stars, players do.
Loads of football to be played yet.

98% of the football for the year is in the bank. Damning indictment of the All-Stars that only the games that are left will really factor in judging.

Anything that has happened before now means nothing as regards the All-Stars. That 98% means nada except negatives for most teams and some team managements wishing they never got involved.
Only the games that are left mean anything and maybe some of those will mean anything either. The finalists will get at least 10 of the All- Stars.

seafoid

So  will Tyrone get 1?

beer baron

Quote from: seafoid on August 08, 2016, 04:46:51 PM
So  will Tyrone get 1?

Yeah Peter Harte ir Mattie Donnelly.

twohands!!!

Quote from: seafoid on August 08, 2016, 04:46:51 PM
So  will Tyrone get 1?

Peter Harte will be in with a good shout I reckon, beyond that anyone else will probably be doing well to get a nomination.

Jinxy

Tiernan McCann's hair deserves a nomination.
Consistently good all year.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Meath deserve one. Just to encourage them . God love them.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 08, 2016, 07:34:31 PM
Tiernan McCann's hair deserves a nomination.
Consistently good all year.

Gets involved in too much ribbing, hasn't really gelled, too close to the crown, he'll get the chop.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Very well conditioned though.

omaghjoe

Tiernan's hair has been moulded over the past number of season  in Garvaghy.
The urban dwellers on the Tyrone panel are sent for "coul gap conditioniong" to toughen them up the the level of the country lads.

The site of Tyrone's Center of Excellence in Garavaghy was choosen in part for this specific purpose. The training involves replicating the manning of a gap to block livestock that the culchies would be well used to and thought to give them extra fortitude as a result. It involves standing in an area between two hedges which funnel the wind into the gap. The townies have to stand there for 20mins after each training session with only a stick which they must wave about frantically from time to time.

Anyone with longer hair like Tiernan get his molded in the much admired fashion that he displays with pride at every match and rightly so, its a true badge of honour to his achievements in the gap

A few points of note:

The McMahons were deemed not to require the treatment as they had Yorkshire grit.

Tiernans incident last year with Darren Hughes from Monaghan was known as a "gust reaction". While in the gap during a storm gusts can actually lift player of their feet. The only defence of this is to fall to the ground immediately, many dont make it in time and end up getting blown into the bog bank. Tiernans hair tho has given him and advantage, its suspected that his hair has developed sensitivity to slight pressure changes that indicate a gust is coming, so Tiernan is on the ground while Ronan O'Neill is eating turf. In the incident last year its suspected that Darren Hughes triggered those senors and Tiernan's brain automatically thought he was back in Garvaghy and he went straight down

Jinxy

I heard Tiernan McCann's hair has it's meals delivered to it every day at it's place of work.

yellowcard

Harte will probably get Tyrones token all star now.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 08, 2016, 09:23:33 PM
I heard Tiernan McCann's hair has it's meals delivered to it every day at it's place of work.

Not because it's a place of work...

...it's because he's worth it.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Quote from: yellowcard on August 08, 2016, 09:33:54 PM
Harte will probably get Tyrones token all star now.

Think Keegan will be nailed on but the other wing-back spot could be between McHugh/Harte unless someone else steps up in the next two games.
Dublin might play Kilkenny at wing-back for the remaining game(s) but I'd hate to see him get one for the type of role he's playing now.