Which Wing of the 'Wolfe Tones' do you Support?

Started by Seany, August 06, 2009, 04:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

Anyone listening to Joe Duffy today?  The whole Wolfe Tones saga was played out in front of us all in a triumph of public service broadcasting. All four of them giving it loads on the radio as to who was to blame for the split.  For what it's worth, i wouldn't be a fan of Derek Warfield.  The debate was a bit tragic also in places and quite sad.  But which wing are you with or what do you make of this row? 

Drumanee 1

i know there was a split but could you give me a jist of why.

gallsman

Neither, because they started putting out endless amounts of crap log before they split up.

Yes balladmaker, if you're still around, I said it. The Wolfe Tones are shit.

Evil Genius

Apparently Brendan Behan once said that the first item on the agenda of any Republican Meeting is a split. On that basis, the Wolfe Tones have (belatedly) proved their credentials.

For the sake of decency (and music), it's a shame that they didn't stick to the traditional Order of Business, mind... ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Seany on August 06, 2009, 04:25:44 PM
Anyone listening to Joe Duffy today?  The whole Wolfe Tones saga was played out in front of us all in a triumph of public service broadcasting. All four of them giving it loads on the radio as to who was to blame for the split.  For what it's worth, i wouldn't be a fan of Derek Warfield.  The debate was a bit tragic also in places and quite sad.  But which wing are you with or what do you make of this row? 

Heard some of this,I was shocked to be honest at the obvious hatred between them
You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 06, 2009, 04:40:10 PM
Apparently Brendan Behan once said that the first item on the agenda of any Republican Meeting is a split. On that basis, the Wolfe Tones have (belatedly) proved their credentials.

For the sake of decency (and music), it's a shame that they didn't stick to the traditional Order of Business, mind... ::)

Will you fcuk off out of this thread before you spoil another one ::)

pintsofguinness

Are they all fell out now, I just thought they'd issue with Derek Warfield?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on August 06, 2009, 04:39:39 PM
Neither, because they started putting out endless amounts of crap log before they split up.

Is Balladmaker from lurgan by any chance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 06, 2009, 04:40:10 PM

Whats this "traditional order of business" you speak of?

gallsman

Quote from: johnneycool on August 06, 2009, 04:44:37 PM

I thought he was from Brian Warfield's innermost arsehole to tell you the truth.

illdecide

Quote from: johnneycool on August 06, 2009, 04:44:37 PM

why do you ask that?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Seany

No Derek left amid bitter recriminations. 

Derek signed a shite deal with some record company without consulting the others
Others refused to record an album for 13 years a la George Michael (which is the first and last thing in common between the 2)
Derek said he left because group was 'creatively dead' because of lack of recording for 13 years.
Said he also left because they wanted to use synthesisers etc.
Others said he became increasingly difficult to work with.
He is also estranged from his other family members
Complained that band members didn't attend funeral of his wife.
Band members said they turned up at funeral of his daughter a few years previous and were turned away.
Very very bitter.

Very sad too.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mournerambler on August 06, 2009, 05:38:17 PM
here you go, make your own mind up after listening to this.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/player_av.html?0,null,200,http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-rte-liveline.smil

how far in?

oh it's just at the start - sssssshhh it's on

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.