Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

Fair play to her
21 (37.5%)
That's way out of line
35 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Declan

QuoteHow much is the bould Joe taking home in salary I wonder??

From what I can gather Joe Duffy earned €408,889 in 2008 - Now there's another reason to f**k paint over someone as well :o

Zapatista

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 01, 2010, 02:41:52 PM

Listen Zapatista, all those other people protesting where trying to draw attention to problems in the Health Service, one Muppet hijacks the protest by an act of thuggery and now the story is the assault not the health service, if you cannot see this I'm very sorry.

Which is a direct result of people like you and Joe Duffy who deliberately miss the point. I don't question that Minihan wanted to make a name for herself but rather than ignore her and address the issue of Health and Mary Harney you make it about Minihan being a thug and Joe Duffy makes it about her support for the IRA. Don't blame me for you choosing to avoid the real issue. I said earlier that it would have been much better if it was done by an everyday lady from Bally fermot. I didn't say this as I have anything against Minihan but because the fact that it was Minihan means you and Joe Duffy can deflect it easier.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 01, 2010, 02:28:57 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 01, 2010, 02:25:55 PM
Jaysus you'd think she was shot. Some lads on this site either feel the need to have an opinion on absolutely everything or else genuinely are very easily outraged!

Some people on here feel they need to defend physical violence at every turn.

Like who?
Personally, I only defend physical violence where ever I believe it's use is justified and where no alternative is viable. Your hero Michael Collins would have held the same opinion about himself.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on Today at 02:28:57 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on Today at 02:25:55 PM
Jaysus you'd think she was shot. Some lads on this site either feel the need to have an opinion on absolutely everything or else genuinely are very easily outraged!

Some people on here feel they need to defend physical violence at every turn.

Like who?
Personally, I only defend physical violence where ever I believe it's use is justified and where no alternative is viable. Your hero Michael Collins would have held the same opinion about himself.

Good point Nally, the FG lads are quick to forget their hero has blood on his hands as much as the next 'freedom fighter'.

As Zap says if you lay on a trolley for a few days with a broken bone or two you would start to think differently, i didn't hear the radio programme but based on what has been said regarding it, it's clear they are dragging up the woman's past and trying to deflect it onto the rogue rebels from the north.

It's time commentators and other political parties/persuaions in the south took stock and looked at what happened in an objective way an not from the basis of tribal 26 county civil war political groupings.

mylestheslasher

I don't know who did it but I think its about time someone did something. There is a hardly a worse example of whats wrong with politicians in this country than Harney. Her PD outlook has resulted in the light touch legislation that has fucked up the country and she is now presiding over the destruction of the health service. She is 20 stone and is minister for health - a real example to us all. She used state helicopters to fly to Leitrim to open a friends shop. She wined and dined and pampered herself on FAS junckets to the states. If she were in France there'd be a grenade thrown at her so she can count herself lucky. Maybe these politicians need to understand that their actions and their mismanagement has consequences and failing an election being available to express those consequences maybe a can of paint is the next best thing.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Disillusioned on November 01, 2010, 05:44:58 PM
I wonder how some of our posters would react if an enraged parent ran out and fired paint all over the Minister of Education in N.Ireland at one of her many visits to open yet another Irish Medium school and claim it was because of the mess she is making of the education system in OWC.  After all, her decisions are taken arbitrarily without reference to cabinet government and based purely on her own agenda. Much the same as Ms Harney or Sammy Wilson or Alex Attwood.
Lots of outrage and tears is my guess.  The minister in the north deserves to be drowned in a vat of paint for what she has done
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

pintsofguinness

I don't know, I don't like it but only because she's a woman. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

TacadoirArdMhacha

I must say I find the level of glee at a pathetic act of thuggery somewhat saddening.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Maguire01

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

mylestheslasher

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 01, 2010, 08:01:09 PM
I don't know, I don't like it but only because she's a woman.

Pints - I don't know where you reside but if you saw what is going on in the health service down here it would shock you. I have had 2 recent examples and have heard a lot worse from others. My wifes uncle, a man in his 80's with a heart condition went to Sligo with pains in his chest. He spent 48 hours on a trolley in a corridor before getting the scan he needed.

When my wife had a baby in Castlebar hospital 8 months ago I had to go out to the car to get some bits and pieces. At night you exit through A&E where I found about 20 people on trolleys in a corridor, so many I could not get passed them at 4am without banging of the trolley and disturbing the people on them.

My uncle had a extremely serious operation for cancer a few years ago. He had a lung removed. There was also the start of a cancer in his liver but the doctors were afraid to operate on him as he was too weak. Finally the note comes through to go for the operation. You can imagine the worry for the family. The day before the operation he rings the hospital to see what he should bring with him and they tell him, at 12 hours notice, his operation was cancelled. He wouldn't have found out until he arrived at the hospital only he called. And why so? Because the girl who writes the cancellation letters was on holidays!

The health system here is a mess and an outrage and people like Harney are the cause. She spends her time organising reviews and setting up sub groups and teams as a buffer between her and the ground so she can distance herself from what is happening. She hasn't the balls to take on the unions and she hasn't the balls to offer leadership. She is allowed to preside over one of the biggest drains on the countries finances and her only answer is to farm out care to private companies.

As I said, she is lucky she only got a bit of paint on her.

pintsofguinness

I appreciate that she's a bollocks Myles and making a mess of things but there's better ways of dealing with that than throwing paint at her.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 01, 2010, 08:22:55 PM
I appreciate that she's a bollocks Myles and making a mess of things but there's better ways of dealing with that than throwing paint at her.

Like?

This country needs a revolution. There are too many idiots out there voting along family lines. In Cavan we have Brendan Smith TD and minister for agriculture. I can tell you the pigs in the county have more brains than him. A yes man and a FF man before an Irish man. He'll get 10,000 votes at the next election and romp home. In Ireland we don't get angry anymore. We go to a restaurant and get shit food and tell the waiter it was lovely. We need anger to get something done. This country is bankrupt and the same people that wrecked it are still in power and refuse to allow the people even speak. The same bankers run the same banks that have destroyed the country for me and you and our children. And people on here are going on about having class. f**k class. Mary Harney wants her fat hole kicked out of our dail and a load of others with her.

Maguire01

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 01, 2010, 08:29:28 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 01, 2010, 08:22:55 PM

Like?

This country needs a revolution. There are too many idiots out there voting along family lines. In Cavan we have Brendan Smith TD and minister for agriculture. I can tell you the pigs in the county have more brains than him. A yes man and a FF man before an Irish man. He'll get 10,000 votes at the next election and romp home. In Ireland we don't get angry anymore. We go to a restaurant and get shit food and tell the waiter it was lovely. We need anger to get something done. This country is bankrupt and the same people that wrecked it are still in power and refuse to allow the people even speak. The same bankers run the same banks that have destroyed the country for me and you and our children. And people on here are going on about having class. f**k class. Mary Harney wants her fat hole kicked out of our dail and a load of others with her.
Like not keep voting for the same numpties?