Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 16, 2020, 10:36:21 AM
Quote from: Angelo on October 16, 2020, 10:30:23 AM
Quote from: square_ball on October 16, 2020, 10:24:40 AM
Probably wouldn't be far away with that lineup. I would love to see Bradley get a spot but it's probably between him and McCurry. Richie Donnelly looked injured during trillicks run. He was more or less on one leg in the semi final. Hampsey I thought was poor in Coalislands run and there may be fitness issues there but would still be expecting him to be a starter. Not sure if he'd be able for Murphy though?

Hampsey's form is a worry, he hasn't been right since 2018 but we really the kind of phsyical presence he brings to our defence without him there. Thought R Donnelly had a good semi final after departing with an injury against Killyclogher. Unfortunately it's either Bradley or McCurry for me and I think McCurry brings that bit extra scoring power.

Ideally I'd like to see us have a target man in that full forward line but Harte will have to do. Could potentially try someone like C McCann in there for one of the league games and see how he goes.

I'm probably more looking forward to the u20 game this weekend, I think we have some real quality in that forward line and it's great Canavan is going to be available.

I'd have both start on any Tyrone team long before Niall Sludden.

There's a valid point there too.

Bradley played his best football for Tyrone at 11 in our run in 2015.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

square_ball

I'm a fan of Bradley and would have the two of them starting. I was more thinking of what Mickey Harte is likely to do. I liked Bradley at 11 in 2015 played very well that year.

tiempo

Quote from: square_ball on October 16, 2020, 09:09:17 AM
Sean Cavanagh having a whinge in the Irish independent today about Colm not getting a public thank you from the county board. Is that a thing they do? Not sure what they were expecting?

Jebus would he ever wind the neck in. Maybe they should reconvene the 2008 county board to make an official statement? Like the officers don't have enough to be at any time, or at the present time. Fully expect individual and collective statements from the Tyrone players in future when longstanding county board members finish in role. The man needs a reality check, the players would be nothing without the administrators and vice versa.

inroundthesquare

Colm hasn't exactly been praising Harte in recent interviews (not that he has to, I'm sure they spoke on the phone after the retirement decision) but I'm sure he is embarrassed in a way at Big Sean using his name for publicity again. 

Agree with Angelo, looking forward to the under 20s more so than the Seniors, deserve to see that Championship read up at least - would be great to beat the Dubs

Mark Bradley bound to be near a starting place after his performances for club particularly vs Trillick

clarshack

Angelo

U20s ran out of gas earlier.

Dublin looked much fitter and more physically developed.

Their backs were able to bomb forward at will and had our forwards trailing in their wake as they ran it out from the back.

Think the real difference was between the two teams approaches to each others kick outs. Every time Dublin had a kick out they were able to get it started off nice and short with little pressure from the Tyrone forwards. In contrast the Tyrone keeper was forced to hit it long pretty much every time as Dublin pushed up really aggressively on the kickouts. That may boil back to fitness though as to keep that type of press up for an entire game takes great energy.

Think we had a lot more quality in our forwards than Dublin. Quinn, Canavan and Jordan have great quality that will hopefully transfer to the seniors in the coming years. Both Quinn and Canavan really dropped out of the game in the second half though. Fox was also a big loss in the defence.

Probably the second year in a row we have left an AI SF behind us at this level though.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

ONeill

That was some roaring the Dubs did on every Tyrone kick out in the second half.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 17, 2020, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 16, 2020, 08:47:20 PM
Was Paul Donaghy called up?

No
Extremely bizarre and disgraceful that someone who hasnt played gaelic in like 6 or 7 years, since he was 18, gets called into the county panel instead of someone who scored like fcuk in the championship..

GlenMan

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 17, 2020, 09:14:16 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 17, 2020, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 16, 2020, 08:47:20 PM
Was Paul Donaghy called up?

No
Extremely bizarre and disgraceful that someone who hasnt played gaelic in like 6 or 7 years, since he was 18, gets called into the county panel instead of someone who scored like fcuk in the championship..

I'd assume he's waiting to call up Players from Clubs until the new season.

If Conor McKenna wasn't home, there'd likely have been no additions to the squad.

GetOverTheBar

Think those who are in line for next year are in a wider panel right now. GAA rules say you can only have a panel of 32. McKenna is a direct replacement for Cavanagh. All very hush hush to be honest as most of them with Covid aren't exactly meant to be training.

Scoring Zone

conflicted feelings on the u-20's, on the plus side your in a AI semi and are in the mix of the best in the country (albeit a fairly messed up year) and to be fair to Dublin they where more physically developed and athletic so when they stepped it up a more lightweight and 1 dimensional tyrone had no answer. The most frustrating thing personally was that the amount of poor decisions & kick passing ( particularly into 1 & 2 sweepers) was poor viewing, still would only pick 2 or 3 to have any impact on the senior panel, where in an ideal world you would want at least 5 to be putting their hands up

Moonshine

Quote from: Scoring Zone on October 18, 2020, 12:51:04 AM
conflicted feelings on the u-20's, on the plus side your in a AI semi and are in the mix of the best in the country (albeit a fairly messed up year) and to be fair to Dublin they where more physically developed and athletic so when they stepped it up a more lightweight and 1 dimensional tyrone had no answer. The most frustrating thing personally was that the amount of poor decisions & kick passing ( particularly into 1 & 2 sweepers) was poor viewing, still would only pick 2 or 3 to have any impact on the senior panel, where in an ideal world you would want at least 5 to be putting their hands up

Can't help but think we.threw that away yesterday. Again lost on line. Was it not 2 or 3 years ago devlin played a few sweepers in a minor championship game against Derry when trailing quite significantly.

GetOverTheBar

Ethan Jordan could probably physically fit in straight away to the seniors.....Harte would have him roaded if he tried that kick passing though.

Feel sorry for the u20s. It was there for them, few men missing, they might have held on if they had been there.

skeog

Is it correct that 14 of the dubs team are eligible next year?.