Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: BIGONE on February 07, 2020, 12:52:09 PM
Trainee Accountant? Is he fully qualified? Probably on about half of McShanes reported Salary (which I find hard o believe)

He's been with them 3 or 4 years now so he must be close to being finished.

I don't find it so incredulous that he's earning £60k, his standing in football is the reason for that but he won't be the first or last.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

RedHand88

Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2020, 04:57:58 PM
Trainee Accountant? Is he fully qualified? Probably on about half of McShanes reported Salary (which I find hard o believe)

I don't find it so incredulous that he's earning £60k, his standing in football is the reason for that but he won't be the first or last.

That sounds like an employment equality lawsuit waiting to happen.

bigtogs

Fair Play McShane career is short enough....I Wonder did Mickey get a wee bonus....

southtyronegael

Quote from: bigtogs on February 07, 2020, 05:23:58 PM
Fair Play McShane career is short enough....I Wonder did Mickey get a wee bonus....
I'd say Mickey getting enough already.

Scoring Zone

Think this is crazy, to offer that amount (and let it out) with sites and all the rest, for 1 good year (the previous years he was nowhere near good enough). This year regardless was going to be tougher to back up what he did and not having Donnelly beside him will add to the difficulty, and it will be some crack if he gets injured for a period of time the knives will be out quicker than ever. Nobody would turn it down, but he really doesn't deserve half of it tbh, a job and a car would have been plenty. Not a good precedent to be setting let alone be plastered round the media.

Aaron Boone

Keystone get the contract for the lintels in the new gaff. Everyone's quids-in.

Angelo

I really don't see what the massive outrage is. He's not the first player to get a big job purely out of his profile in the game and his profile also happens to directly benefit his employer. You'd swear this type of thing has never happened before in the GAA. How many young lads get carried through university and get  a degree out of it simply because they are good at gaelic football?

If any of you read Cathal McCarron's book then you'll see what gaelic footballers get away with in terms of employment and other perks and I'd say it's far worse in other counties - the Dublin team all get free cars, half the Mayo team are driving around in free cars.

£60k is a very good wage but it's not earth shattering, the men who are giving it to him are businessmen, not mugs. They clearly feel that having a lad like McShane and his profile and standing in gaelic football and by proxy their association with Tyrone GAA is going to benefit their business to that effect.

There seems an awful lot of begrudgery to young McShane here, I'm delighted he's staying and he passed up a big opportunity for him to stay. He's got himself a good job now and hopefully he'll keept doing the business on the pitch.

At the end of the day it's a private business entity paying his wages, it would be a different story if he was charging €2k a function from amateur organisations as I heard a very well know hurling star down south does.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Eire90

gaa players giving favours in the community again.

gallsman

Quote from: The Bearded One on February 07, 2020, 03:12:29 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 07, 2020, 03:10:20 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2020, 09:29:37 AM
60k a year wouldn't be an earth shattering deal for a university graduate like McShane with the profile he has.

I saw Aidan O'Shea was gifted a 70k car during the week by a local garage.
average salary in the north is 33000. He getting near double that. Did Cathal graduate?

I didn't graduate and I earn over £50k per year, what the hell does that matter?

Are you 24 and have absolutely no experience in a job you've just been given?

Quote from: Angelo on February 07, 2020, 04:57:58 PM

A newly qualified accountant in the north makes about 30k maximum.

clarshack

Average salary in the north is around 24/25k.

on the sideline

Quote from: screenexile on February 07, 2020, 02:38:07 PM
60k a year wouldn't be an earth shattering deal for a university graduate like McShane with the profile he has.

Yeah sure £60k jobs in Mid Ulster for a teaching graduate with no real work experience happens all the time... what planet are you on??

Fair play to him I'd say it's great now but a couple of bad results and it wouldn't be hard for some resentment to set in from other players who aren't being as well looked after.

With regard to the pooling funds thing I'm not sure about Tyrone but Dublin definitely did it and fair play to lads like Brogan who were absolutely coining it and then went on and shared it with subs and lads with a lower profile!

Don't think he is a teaching graduate. Did Liberal Arts at St. Marys, not the BEd course - as far as I'm aware.  Having said that if he had done the teaching no doubt he would have walked straight into a job because he plays for Tyrone...

lenny

Quote from: on the sideline on February 08, 2020, 04:17:02 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 07, 2020, 02:38:07 PM

Yeah sure £60k jobs in Mid Ulster for a teaching graduate with no real work experience happens all the time... what planet are you on??

Fair play to him I'd say it's great now but a couple of bad results and it wouldn't be hard for some resentment to set in from other players who aren't being as well looked after.

With regard to the pooling funds thing I'm not sure about Tyrone but Dublin definitely did it and fair play to lads like Brogan who were absolutely coining it and then went on and shared it with subs and lads with a lower profile!

Don't think he is a teaching graduate. Did Liberal Arts at St. Marys, not the BEd course - as far as I'm aware.  Having said that if he had done the teaching no doubt he would have walked straight into a job because he plays for Tyrone...

Everyone is talking about how the other Tyrone players will react. I'd have to question how the other employees at keystone will react when some young lad with no experience comes in above them in position and salary. You'd have to really resent that if you'd been working there for a few years.

Eire90

will mcshane be playing many games for owen roes or was it part of this agreement that he play very little for owen roes

skeog

Omagh certain to be unplayable tomorrow.Give Cathal another week to bed in.

Eire90

so two anomymous people in the community gave him 25k