Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtogs

Whisper down here Mickey Harte going to loose another couple of players in the next week or 2.....

NotedObserver

Quote from: bigtogs on November 12, 2019, 07:42:59 PM
Whisper down here Mickey Harte going to loose another couple of players in the next week or 2.....

What part of the county would these boys be from

bigtogs

Quote from: NotedObserver on November 12, 2019, 07:48:52 PM

East Tyrone general direction

trileacman

Quote from: FermGael on November 12, 2019, 07:40:23 PM
Quote from: skeog on November 12, 2019, 10:28:36 AM
Kevin Kelly is a Journalist so what is unusual about it.Have to say Matthew showed tremendous courage to re-enter the fray with an injury as serious as his.Every team in Ulster are back training a month ago nothing unusual about that either.

No doubt about that but unfortunately he wasn't fit to play and due to that he gave away the free  that Derrygonnelly got the equaliser from.

To be fair he slipped going back for a ball, could've happened to anyone, I thinks it's false to equivocate the free and his injury.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

FermGael

Look it would have been a factor.
He ripped the bone of his hamstring.
Had been off the field for probably the guts of an hour.
Very strange decision ( which I don't blame the player for ) considering how serious the injury was.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

GetOverTheBar

I don't think he's too worried about losing predominantly bench players.

Angelo

Quote from: bigtogs on November 12, 2019, 07:51:46 PM

You'd be looking at the following players from the East:

C Cavanagh
Loughran

Coney
Cassidy
Mulgrew
McClure
McAliskey
B Burns
F Burns
HP McGeary
K McGeary
Hampsey
McKernan
Morgan
McCurry
Rafferty

The players in bold are ones I wouldn't be surprised if they walked away due to being on the fringe of things or age/injuries.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Scoring Zone

Quote from: FermGael on November 12, 2019, 08:45:23 PM
Look it would have been a factor.
He ripped the bone of his hamstring.
Had been off the field for probably the guts of an hour.
Very strange decision ( which I don't blame the player for ) considering how serious the injury was.

This shouldn't happen, bad management decision, a similar incident happen last year in the intermediate final a clearly injured player came on and in the first contact he buckled. Take the decision out of the players hands and use a fit player on the bench or reuse a non-injured sub that you have taken off at worst - no sympathy for either player or manager, if this is the chain of events.

bigtogs

Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2019, 09:05:51 PM

C Cavanagh
Loughran

Coney
Cassidy
Mulgrew
McClure
McAliskey
B Burns
F Burns
HP McGeary
K McGeary
Hampsey
McKernan
Morgan
McCurry
Rafferty

The players in bold are ones I wouldn't be surprised if they walked away due to being on the fringe of things or age/injuries.

I added a player in bold for you there...that is the whisper plus cavanagh...

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: bigtogs on November 13, 2019, 08:08:59 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 12, 2019, 09:05:51 PM

C Cavanagh
Loughran

Coney
Cassidy
Mulgrew
McClure
McAliskey
B Burns
F Burns
HP McGeary
K McGeary
Hampsey
McKernan
Morgan
McCurry
Rafferty

I added a player in bold for you there...that is the whisper plus cavanagh...

I would bet money that Cavanagh goes nowhere...

Angelo

Would be surprised to see McAliskey go, he had a bad injury at the start of last year which made it more difficult for him but he had a good few opportunities in the Championship. Never really got his form going though. He'd certainly be a loss as even though he's very hot and cold, when he is on his game he can be a very heavy scorer and he is the most physical of our smaller inside forward options.

If he was completely out of the picture I could see it happen but that wasn't the case and I don't think McAliskey is a player who is afraid of putting work in and fighting for his spot.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

TyroneOnlooker

Talk of a couple of established players taking the year out to go travelling. Wouldn't begrudge them. They've given 6/7 years full pelt to tyrone and it's not long to life/partners/children come along and it's too late to do these things.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on November 13, 2019, 08:51:28 AM
Would be surprised to see McAliskey go, he had a bad injury at the start of last year which made it more difficult for him but he had a good few opportunities in the Championship. Never really got his form going though. He'd certainly be a loss as even though he's very hot and cold, when he is on his game he can be a very heavy scorer and he is the most physical of our smaller inside forward options.

If he was completely out of the picture I could see it happen but that wasn't the case and I don't think McAliskey is a player who is afraid of putting work in and fighting for his spot.

I wouldn't, considering who is being talked of as making a rather dramatic return to that part of the world.

LeoMc

Not getting a run is not the only reason a player might leave the squad. He has put in a 5 or 6 years of the IC life and suffered and returned from a couple of bad injuries.
He may want to enjoy the rest of his youth playing for his club or travelling.
Good luck to him either way.

bigtogs

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 13, 2019, 09:25:49 AM

I wouldn't, considering who is being talked of as making a rather dramatic return to that part of the world.

Heard that rumour but only is a rumour 100per cent