Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on August 11, 2019, 07:23:06 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 06:29:33 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 11, 2019, 06:10:55 PM
6 championship defeats in 2 years is some going. Excellent first half though but once Kerry got to grips with Mc Shane we ran out of ideas. Still not enough quality forwards starting for Tyrone which won't cut it against the top teams. Peter harte total anonymous again when it mattered. Huge setback for Tyrone to lose this against an inexperienced Kerry team.

It was a huge setback but we wouldn't be winning the final and neither will Kerry.

Angelo your reasoning is always really poor. From what I can tell you will always blame the ref first and the players second. The game is barely over and your straight on here to abscond the management from any blame. You reasoning that it doesn't matter who won today because neither team will beat Dublin is odd. If that is the case why do teams even bother, never mind commit a huge part of their life in an attempt to be successful.
I, like everyone else have no idea if a change in management would help things or not but the harsh reality is that we are not progressing. We are good but we nearly always lose the games against the teams we think we are at the same level as, (kerry, Mayo,).
What I don't understand is why Mickey Harte just doesn't say "I have given this thing a real go but it hasn't worked for me in the last 11 years. Maybe I should let someone else have a go"

You're the guy who imagines things that never took place so we need not place much heed in what you say.

Do you see anyone stopping Dublin this year, next year or the year after. They're on the cusp of 5 in a row, nobody has really got closed to them in a game in 2 years now.

I don't think it was the line that lost us the game today.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

In hiding

Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 07:45:18 PM
6 championship defeats in 2 years is some going. Excellent first half though but once Kerry got to grips with Mc Shane we ran out of ideas. Still not enough quality forwards starting for Tyrone which won't cut it against the top teams. Peter harte total anonymous again when it mattered. Huge setback for Tyrone to lose this against an inexperienced Kerry team.

It was a huge setback but we wouldn't be winning the final and neither will Kerry.

Angelo your reasoning is always really poor. From what I can tell you will always blame the ref first and the players second. The game is barely over and your straight on here to abscond the management from any blame. You reasoning that it doesn't matter who won today because neither team will beat Dublin is odd. If that is the case why do teams even bother, never mind commit a huge part of their life in an attempt to be successful.
I, like everyone else have no idea if a change in management would help things or not but the harsh reality is that we are not progressing. We are good but we nearly always lose the games against the teams we think we are at the same level as, (kerry, Mayo,).
What I don't understand is why Mickey Harte just doesn't say "I have given this thing a real go but it hasn't worked for me in the last 11 years. Maybe I should let someone else have a go"

You're the guy who imagines things that never took place so we need not place much heed in what you say.

Do you see anyone stopping Dublin this year, next year or the year after. They're on the cusp of 5 in a row, nobody has really got closed to them in a game in 2 years now.

You never do, it's always the ref or the players

southtyronegael

Angelo, what's Dublin going for 5 in a row got to do with the fact we have just been beat by Kerry? Donegal beat us too and Monaghan last year.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 11, 2019, 07:50:11 PM
Angelo, what's Dublin going for 5 in a row got to do with the fact we have just been beat by Kerry? Donegal beat us too and Monaghan last year.

We've beaten Donegal and Monaghan when it mattered in knockout football.

The Kerry game today was disappointing, I don't think it was lost on the line today though. I though we had our tactics spot on and a few very poor refereeing decisions and a number of silly errors cost us. McGeary gave a cheap turnover that led to a goal and that pretty much sealed it. Are the players not accountable too?

Angelo

Quote from: In hiding on August 11, 2019, 07:46:54 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 11, 2019, 07:45:18 PM

You never do, it's always the ref or the players

Absolutely not - go back to the Donegal game, I laid the blame firmly at the management team for the way we didn't protect the full back line. You were too busy imagining Colm Cavanagh playing in a role he didn't play to acknowledge that.

GetOverTheBar

First half Tyrone were fairly dominant, impressive stuff - even as far in as 45-50 mins could only see Tyrone winning. Maybe should have been further ahead at that stage.

Kerry in the end deserved to win, out thought Tyrone on the sideline and out fought them in the end on the pitch.

Look honestly, Tyrone have some good players, McShane didn't deserve to lose today - but the players that are constantly barraged on this board....Peter Harte, Matty Donnelly....Niall Sludden!....let Tyrone down a bagful by Final Whistle. They are not of the level that we are told and I think it's time we accepted that.

One question, not a wind up. Did Tyrone gas against Kerry? All I could think of was Strength and conditioning, I thought Tyrone might pip Kerry with their fitness...but it looked to me like it was Kerry who were the better prepared team for the final 10 today after all the talk of how well they were conditioned.

If we are being honest Dublin hammer both teams, especially if Kerry defend like they did in 1st but I think it's worth questioning some 'untouchables' on this Tyrone team (Lets be honest, Mickey Harte is there next year and never leaving)

square_ball

Think you're unfair on Mattie Donnelly thought Kerry couldn't handle him and McShane in the full forward line at all. Sludden was decent today don't think he deserved to be hooked. But yeah Peter Harte was atrocious. I hear people complain about off the ball stuff. That comes with the territory when you're a top player. You have to deal with it and get on with it. Clifford, O'Callaghan and all these boys get rough treatment.

Personally I think Hartes time is up. Maybe with Donnelly leaving the set up it's time to change everything. Is there an All Ireland in that team? No not with Dublin dominating but it's time for a freshen up. 16 years is a very long innings players although they wouldn't admit it must be sick hearing the same voice. I'd say Colm Cavanagh will pull the pin looking at him after the match with the daughter.

tyrone08

Quote from: square_ball on August 11, 2019, 09:35:33 PM
Think you're unfair on Mattie Donnelly thought Kerry couldn't handle him and McShane in the full forward line at all. Sludden was decent today don't think he deserved to be hooked. But yeah Peter Harte was atrocious. I hear people complain about off the ball stuff. That comes with the territory when you're a top player. You have to deal with it and get on with it. Clifford, O'Callaghan and all these boys get rough treatment.

Personally I think Hartes time is up. Maybe with Donnelly leaving the set up it's time to change everything. Is there an All Ireland in that team? No not with Dublin dominating but it's time for a freshen up. 16 years is a very long innings players although they wouldn't admit it must be sick hearing the same voice. I'd say Colm Cavanagh will pull the pin looking at him after the match with the daughter.

Look it's easy to blame peter harte but on 1 occasion he tried to make a run but was literally pushed back by the defender 3 feet in front of deegan. From the tyrone 45 to the kerry 45 this happened  and deegan watched and did nothing. How can any player counteract this?? Once a defender gets away with this it onlys gets worse as they know they wont get blown for it.

Wait till the dubs do it to kerry then we will hear shouts of foul from the kerry supporters. From the reaction of the Kerry players you would think they won without help from deegan.

Between refs like deegan and financial advantage Gaelic football is dead and it's a very sad day for me and any true supporter alike.

redzone

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2019, 10:25:39 PM
Quote from: square_ball on August 11, 2019, 09:35:33 PM

Look it's easy to blame peter harte but on 1 occasion he tried to make a run but was literally pushed back by the defender 3 feet in front of deegan. From the tyrone 45 to the kerry 45 this happened  and deegan watched and did nothing. How can any player counteract this?? Once a defender gets away with this it onlys gets worse as they know they wont get blown for it.

Wait till the dubs do it to kerry then we will hear shouts of foul from the kerry supporters. From the reaction of the Kerry players you would think they won without help from deegan.

Between refs like deegan and financial advantage Gaelic football is dead and it's a very sad day for me and any true supporter alike.
100 % correct. It was so obvious it has left a sour taste for sure. I'd love to see mal orourke manage us, still think there is an all Ireland in that team, but we would have had 3 times the support there today if a new manager was there.

southtyronegael

If Peter harte was being tactically fouled as much as you say then why wasn't he moved into the full forward line where he would have won a few frees and been harder to get away with fouling him.

Snapchap

Quote from: Snapchap on August 01, 2019, 03:15:19 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on August 01, 2019, 12:56:49 PM
Fed up playing Donegal too..would love to get a crack at Kerry (or Mayo) and try to put to get rid of the  'can't beat any of the big 3' accusations.

Personally I don't think we got the credit we deserved for beating Doneagl (in Ballybofey) and Monaghan in Croke last year.

Sadly, it's more than an accusation. We haven't beaten any of 'the big three' since we won the All-Ireland in 2008. In the intervening eleven years, we've played Dublin, Kerry or Mayo a total of 9 times in the championship and won none of them (only one was a draw, the rest we lost by an average of 5.6 points).

I unfortunately expect another two losses to Dublin & probably Kerry over the following fortnight.

Called it.

There's something about this Tyrone team, and I don't mean that in a complimentary way, sadly.

The are a decent team but nothing more than that. They are a team devoid of leadership, devoid of flair, devoid of anything stand-out. Too many of the same type of uninspiring players that look like they had spent the half hour before games getting their hair sitting just right. And managed by a man who seems to have lost any interest in/ ability for tactical innovation.

Scoring Zone

Quote from: Snapchap on August 11, 2019, 10:38:11 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 01, 2019, 03:15:19 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on August 01, 2019, 12:56:49 PM
Fed up playing Donegal too..would love to get a crack at Kerry (or Mayo) and try to put to get rid of the  'can't beat any of the big 3' accusations.

Personally I don't think we got the credit we deserved for beating Doneagl (in Ballybofey) and Monaghan in Croke last year.

Sadly, it's more than an accusation. We haven't beaten any of 'the big three' since we won the All-Ireland in 2008. In the intervening eleven years, we've played Dublin, Kerry or Mayo a total of 9 times in the championship and won none of them (only one was a draw, the rest we lost by an average of 5.6 points).

I unfortunately expect another two losses to Dublin & probably Kerry over the following fortnight.

Called it.

There's something about this Tyrone team, and I don't mean that in a complimentary way, sadly.

The are a decent team but nothing more than that. They are a team devoid of leadership, devoid of flair, devoid of anything stand-out. Too many of the same type of uninspiring players that look like they had spent the half hour before games getting their hair sitting just right. And managed by a man who seems to have lost any interest in/ ability for tactical innovation.

I agree with that analysis of the team but not harte, i think he is rinsing the very limits of what he can with this team, we are 3-4 in the country but are missing a midfielder and another forward, atm mark Harte donnelly and mcshane and we are done. Harte will not go, after the sunday game and a lot of "should he go" articles in the press we will get a "I love this team and mickey harte" or something to that effect by the players and it will be as you where 3-5th in the league, probably an ulster title and super 8 or semi exit for 2020 - we don't have the players and they don't have the hard edge/mentality to get an all-ireland

southtyronegael

And just like clockwork, harte on sky afterwards blaming everything on the ref. Would turn your stomach.

tyrone08

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 11, 2019, 10:31:41 PM
If Peter harte was being tactically fouled as much as you say then why wasn't he moved into the full forward line where he would have won a few frees and been harder to get away with fouling him.

He was fouled directly in front of the ref on numerous occasions.  Could have put him in the penalty box and it wouldn't have matter to deegan. He was never going to call it

marty34

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 11, 2019, 11:13:38 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 11, 2019, 10:31:41 PM

He was fouled directly in front of the ref on numerous occasions.  Could have put him in the penalty box and it wouldn't have matter to deegan. He was never going to call it

Tyrone have done the exact same V oppositions' key players down through the years - no point in complaining when teams block off a few runs in an All Ireland semi-final.

Too much blaming the referee also. Tyrone were in a great position at half-time but couldn't push on.

Sludden was not happy when taken off.  He seemed very disappointed.  I thought he was linking up well.