Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

Morgan certainly had a bad day yesterday but he has been brilliant throughout the league.

bigtogs

Playing with great freedom and vibrancy long may that continue, Great end to the league onwards and upwards.... 

GlenMan

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 25, 2019, 08:41:53 AM
Morgan certainly had a bad day yesterday but he has been brilliant throughout the league.

We should probably keep in mind the bad week he and his Club had.

Dire Ear

Quote from: GlenMan on March 25, 2019, 10:28:37 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 25, 2019, 08:41:53 AM

We should probably keep in mind the bad week he and his Club had.
This is very true,  he read at Connor's mass and it would break your heart

Maroon Manc

McShane played at full forward prior to last week? Tyrone very impressive the last 2 weeks (although we definitely gave you a helping hand), didn't think you had the forwards a month ago but you look a completely different threat now with McShane, Harte & Donnelly spending more time in the forwards.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: NotedObserver on March 24, 2019, 08:16:45 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on March 24, 2019, 08:04:27 PM
I think from a defensive point of view Tyrone have been much better of in the last two games with Rory Brennan and Michael Cassidy over Tiernan McCann. Over the last few years McCanns defensive abilities could be questioned, and in the big games against the big teams they have been exposed and have contributed towards our defeats. Just think if we are serious about All Irelands we need a better defensive option than Tiernan in the half back line.
Thats not to say he couldn't offer more further up the field, wing forward potentially ahead of Meyler (as someone said has limited footballing ability) as he does offer plenty in terms of attacking output.

Agree Meyler needs to add scores to his game, i think he is capable. I wouldnt be as critical of McCann but a half forward role would be interesting as he has been able to add scores to his game now

Dont agree that he has to add scores, the amount of scores he's involved in already would be impressive, he will get the odd score here and there but thats not his game and thats not why he's in there, he's an all round option and always showing, dogs the life out of his man and gets in his face, always available for a pass, plays like a quarterback almost thats he's constantly lookin to get hands on the balls and find runners off his shoulder and spread play!!

tyroneman

Morgan is an excellent keeper - right up there with Cluxton and Beggan.

He's come along way and is a lot more mature in terms of play and attitude than when he started.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: tyroneman on March 25, 2019, 01:58:25 PM

He's come along way and is a lot more mature in terms of play and attitude than when he started.

He's pretty much the go to blame guy these days which I find strange. I can only imagine it's somewhat led by old school - stay on your line traditionalists.

trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 25, 2019, 03:21:44 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on March 25, 2019, 01:58:25 PM

He's pretty much the go to blame guy these days which I find strange. I can only imagine it's somewhat led by old school - stay on your line traditionalists.

I remember Packie used to stray out the pitch back in the day as well. Often used to see him with the hands on the hips out round the half back line with the FB/FF in closer to goal when the ball was up the pitch. There was the odd scramble when the ball was turned over and Packie was forced to go racing back to goal.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Fuzzman

Poor Niall definitely had one of those bad days yesterday where the high risk things that he often pulls off where not going for him yesterday.
At one stage nearly every kick out was coming straight back in at him right away. You could blame him or the jumper for the ball but kicking against a strong wind this often happens
He totally mis-judged the flight of the ball for the goal but you'd imagine between himself and HP they could have worked it out better 2 v 1 and the one wasn't even that tall.

I thought Petey didn't have a great game as he ran into a lot of trouble like of days of old and a few times there seemed a kickable score on and he just recycled it which once actually led to the 3rd goal.
McShane as Aidan O'Rourke points out so well here has had a very impressive 3 months and has shut up a lot of the nay sayers. It certainly seems interesting that we could be looking at a FF line of Mattie, Petey and McShane come the summer although all three will probably be rotating in and out quite often.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0325/1038397-tyrones-attacking-prowess-a-tactical-evolution/

Puckoon

McShane absolutely growing in confidence - even barking orders at PH and MD when pressing the keeper on kickouts.

If the shooting boots keep coming in, he will be a serious player.

GlenMan

Scoring Zone

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 25, 2019, 05:15:00 PM
Poor Niall definitely had one of those bad days yesterday where the high risk things that he often pulls off where not going for him yesterday.
At one stage nearly every kick out was coming straight back in at him right away. You could blame him or the jumper for the ball but kicking against a strong wind this often happens
He totally mis-judged the flight of the ball for the goal but you'd imagine between himself and HP they could have worked it out better 2 v 1 and the one wasn't even that tall.

I thought Petey didn't have a great game as he ran into a lot of trouble like of days of old and a few times there seemed a kickable score on and he just recycled it which once actually led to the 3rd goal.
McShane as Aidan O'Rourke points out so well here has had a very impressive 3 months and has shut up a lot of the nay sayers. It certainly seems interesting that we could be looking at a FF line of Mattie, Petey and McShane come the summer although all three will probably be rotating in and out quite often.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0325/1038397-tyrones-attacking-prowess-a-tactical-evolution/

to be fair to morgan all the goals came that end and  where f**k ups of some description (didn't think it was a penalty imo) so the wind could have played a big part on the flight of the ball and coughs him out abit which can happen. but the result of the game was largely due to the goals turning momentum, we tend to struggle with physically bigger teams that match our work rate like galway and mayo and it was going this way until the penalty.

never thought i'd say this but mc stays analysis on keepers in general was spot on imo

bigtogs

Does the mark stay for the championship?? Suits Tyrone if it does...

NotedObserver