The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

No delight, just a reality check that we were never going to beat the All-Blacks, we hoped to be on the other side of the draw and hope someone would knock them out.

Sportacus

This team rose to great heights but have been in decline for over a year.  Today was a low ebb in terms of errors and lack of belief.  Arguably the weakest team to reach the quarters it turned out.  It will take some shine off the Schmidt era, but we got a bit ahead of ourselves to be honest.

Olly

Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

gallsman

Wales-France definitely have the two best anthems with both team and fans singing it. Which, as the collective Irish rugby media let us know yesterday, is what really matters.

Angelo

That was very enjoyable yesterday to see the nation's darlings flop once again and in humiliating circumstances.

I think this really sums up your average Irish rugby follower, getting hammered in the last minutes on the biggest stage of the game, in a tournament had so much expectation of and everyone is smiling and waving frantically about it.

https://twitter.com/towncat2/status/1185532938416467968

Deep down, nobody really cares, you didn't see any sad, dejected faces in the crowd yesterday - it's merely a social outing.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

screenexile

From the Bunker

Itchy

gallsman

France's inability to capitalise when they were on top in the first half with the extra man is what ultimately cost them. They actually played brilliantly after going down and really frustrated Wales.

The red card was particularly moronic for someone who's 6'7. Kind of difficult to hide it.

marty34

The camera angles have been very good this World Cup.  I saw some of the tries on the analysis there and it's super.

Camera above the pitch is very good.

Orior

I thought forward passes in Rugby were not allowed? Japan seem to do that a lot.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on October 20, 2019, 11:54:29 AM
I thought forward passes in Rugby were not allowed? Japan seem to do that a lot.

Noticed that myself, I think in one play there was 3 forward passes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2019, 12:00:49 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 20, 2019, 11:54:29 AM

Noticed that myself, I think in one play there was 3 forward passes

Thought that myself. There has been a multitude of forward passing in this competition.

Nanderson

Looking ahead to the next 4 year cycle Ireland and their new coaches will need to develop Carberry into a world class #10 which I am sure he has the ability to be with sexton hitting 38 in 2023 he probably won't be much more than a bit part player if even. We also need a new #9 whether thats gonna be McGrath who is definatley able to lead the new team or someone coming from the u20 squads of previous years.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Nanderson on October 20, 2019, 12:46:53 PM
Looking ahead to the next 4 year cycle Ireland and their new coaches will need to develop Carberry into a world class #10 which I am sure he has the ability to be with sexton hitting 38 in 2023 he probably won't be much more than a bit part player if even. We also need a new #9 whether thats gonna be McGrath who is definatley able to lead the new team or someone coming from the u20 squads of previous years.

Carberry not good enough, there has to be a better player to go with.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea