Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Somehow I don't think they'd be saying that if they had won on penalties. Seems like sour grapes tbh.
It's the sort of post you would expect from an emotional supporter and not from an official account. They should probably delete it.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: clarshack on November 03, 2019, 07:54:55 PM
Somehow I don't think they'd be saying that if they had won on penalties. Seems like sour grapes tbh.
It's the sort of post you would expect from an emotional supporter and not from an official account. They should probably delete it.

Actually agree, if they had have won would this post have been published? If they disagreed that much the thing to do to send a message is refuse to take part in the shootout, then they would hold the moral high ground.

Living the dream!!!

Scoring Zone

Quote from: delgany on November 03, 2019, 06:34:59 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 03, 2019, 06:10:25 PM
2 Tyrone clubs eliminated form their perspective Ulster Championships on penalty shootouts. I understand a winner needs to be determined but the penalty route doesn't seem right to me. I'd sooner see 45s as a GAA alternative maybe just the one nominated kicker one per club.

Portglenone v lamb dearg  had 45s  , a few weeks ago . It was a pile of rubbish  compared to tension penalty kicks would generate !

thought the frees from 35yrds in the antrim c'ship was great, but don't like the penalties, but all in all i think it is a positive having an outright winner on the day, replays are a balls.

redzone

Replays are brilliant.  It's another day out for players and supporters. Another game to look forward to. That's what it's all about. Not 1 player would want it sorted on penaltys

clarshack

I think penalties after a replay would be a fair enough outcome. I have sympathy for the Rock and Trillick going out on penalties first day out but that social media post from the Rock is embarrassing.

marty34

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2019, 08:16:29 PM
There seems to be suggestion that penalties are a "soccer thing" and that free kicks would be more "Gaelic". We have penalties in Gaelic football too. It's going to take people a couple of years to get used to penalties but before long it will just be the done thing and nobody will care.

I agree. Free kicks are boring.  Penalties are exciting...for the neutrals.

Scoring Zone

Quote from: redzone on November 03, 2019, 08:27:15 PM
Replays are brilliant.  It's another day out for players and supporters. Another game to look forward to. That's what it's all about. Not 1 player would want it sorted on penaltys

Replays are bias towards the "bigger team" or the favourite you will get more upsets and more entertainment imo and more hope for the underdog that they can get a result that day

Aaron Boone

Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2019, 08:38:48 PM
I'd rather a replay if feasible. We now have teams complaining about player welfare as replays have caused some fixture congestion. There comes a time when a winner is needed to move the competition on. I'm happy for penalties to decide that when required.

There a free date next Sunday for a replay. Penalties after extra-time then would make some sense. Well done to Derrygonnelly.

marty34

Quote from: Aaron Boone on November 03, 2019, 09:05:41 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 03, 2019, 08:38:48 PM
I'd rather a replay if feasible. We now have teams complaining about player welfare as replays have caused some fixture congestion. There comes a time when a winner is needed to move the competition on. I'm happy for penalties to decide that when required.

There a free date next Sunday for a replay. Penalties after extra-time then would make some sense. Well done to Derrygonnelly.

I agree - should be another replay, then extra-time then penalties.

But people complaining this evening, when both clubs know it will be finished on the day, is pointless.  They know this well before hand.

square_ball

Quote from: clarshack on November 03, 2019, 08:32:04 PM
I think penalties after a replay would be a fair enough outcome. I have sympathy for the Rock and Trillick going out on penalties first day out but that social media post from the Rock is embarrassing.

Agreed. The Rock come across as sore losers. Would there have been an outcry if they'd won on penalties? I don't mind the winner on the day stipulation. Though I don't see why it's restricted to the same 5 over and over again.

under the bar

45s a much better option to decide and less about luck.

marty34

Quote from: under the bar on November 03, 2019, 10:26:30 PM
45s a much better option to decide and less about luck.

But very boring!!!

WT4E

100% embarrassing.

Moonshine

Quote from: square_ball on November 03, 2019, 10:10:35 PM

Agreed. The Rock come across as sore losers. Would there have been an outcry if they'd won on penalties? I don't mind the winner on the day stipulation. Though I don't see why it's restricted to the same 5 over and over again.

I'd imagine all teams would of had to agree to penalties prior to game? Maybe both thought they were going to win?

Disappointing thought trillick would of joined us on the ulster honours list this year.

Local expert/tintown thoughts on your clubs behaviour towards ref today  ;) embarrassing to say the least but I suppose nothing knew their.. does the 3rd chuckle brother get another year  surely he will be out in his ear after that today. Before you rattle on yes we would rather of won 4 weeks ago

ANON2018

No sympathy for the Rock whilst they keep dropping to Junior to pick up silverware.