Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearse Blue

Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on October 29, 2019, 05:15:04 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on October 29, 2019, 05:09:37 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 29, 2019, 10:06:54 AM
Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on October 29, 2019, 09:12:29 AM
Agree here also, part of the reason why we have such great attendances at games and the joy of knockout football is giving smaller teams the chance of knocking a big team out! And there is no way in hell we could throw more fixtures at our County board!!

Do we? It was only a couple of weeks ago we were talking about how the attendance at this year's SFC Final was notably lower than in previous years. Plus, is there any way to quantify attendances in earlier rounds to those elsewhere in Ulster, at least?

Quote from: on the sideline on October 29, 2019, 09:33:01 AMLeave the championship alone. We have the best in Ulster with the straight knockout format. Do or die on the day is what championship is all about.

Antrim, Derry & Fermanagh all ran a straight knockout format for their Senior Football championships this year as well, there's nothing special about Tyrone also using the same format.

It's that format that makes Tyrone special. You shouldn't be able to win a championship having lost a game in it imo.

Exactly what makes every game competitive and helps gain new winners every year save the tables for the league, for example this year carrickmore the 13th best team in the division able to make a semi final which helps a small club like that enjoy big days out which they probably wouldnt with another format
To be fair i am in favor of groups but i see your point, more small clubs at the bottom of the league can get a good run easier, happened last year as well

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 30, 2019, 12:36:20 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 30, 2019, 12:23:49 PM
Agree here also, part of the reason why we have such great attendances at games and the joy of knockout football is giving smaller teams the chance of knocking a big team out! And there is no way in hell we could throw more fixtures at our County board!!

Do we? It was only a couple of weeks ago we were talking about how the attendance at this year's SFC Final was notably lower than in previous years. Plus, is there any way to quantify attendances in earlier rounds to those elsewhere in Ulster, at least?

Quote from: on the sideline on October 29, 2019, 09:33:01 AMLeave the championship alone. We have the best in Ulster with the straight knockout format. Do or die on the day is what championship is all about.

Antrim, Derry & Fermanagh all ran a straight knockout format for their Senior Football championships this year as well, there's nothing special about Tyrone also using the same format.

It's that format that makes Tyrone special. You shouldn't be able to win a championship having lost a game in it imo.

Exactly what makes every game competitive and helps gain new winners every year save the tables for the league, for example this year carrickmore the 13th best team in the division able to make a semi final which helps a small club like that enjoy big days out which they probably wouldnt with another format
To be fair i am in favor of groups but i see your point, more small clubs at the bottom of the league can get a good run easier, happened last year as well

Pearseblue your six one, half a dozen the other. Dont know what you want.
It was just last week you were on a different thread arguing about the Tyrone Championship and how the straight knockout is the best and Tyrone is the most competitive in ulster because of it.
I said tyrone was the most competitive championship hands down, not because of the structure, because any team can win on any given day. Would still be the most competitive in ulster even with a system change

Christmas Lights

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 30, 2019, 02:11:06 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 30, 2019, 01:34:13 PM

It was just last week you were on a different thread arguing about the Tyrone Championship and how the straight knockout is the best and Tyrone is the most competitive in ulster because of it.
I said tyrone was the most competitive championship hands down, not because of the structure, because any team can win on any given day. Would still be the most competitive in ulster even with a system change

I agree with you on that, the bold that is. I think a system change would give smaller clubs a lesser chance of getting far. Look at trillick, they would never have gotten as far with a group system for example, as the better clubs wouldn't been caught sleeping twice.

Subtlety is a skill you have yet to master TOTS, too obvious.  A 2/10 on the wummery scale.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 30, 2019, 02:11:06 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 30, 2019, 01:34:13 PM

I agree with you on that, the bold that is. I think a system change would give smaller clubs a lesser chance of getting far. Look at trillick, they would never have gotten as far with a group system for example, as the better clubs wouldn't been caught sleeping twice.
Sir, wise up, stop Trillick bashing. You have slated Trillick all year and have slated them again here and in your predictions for the weekend, be quiet and see how the lads do.

Jimbop

Any ideas when the playoff semi finals will be?

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tyrone Gaa

How many clubs are now manager-less and on the hunt for the new season? E.g. Is Pascal Canavan still at Errigal

Who are now the most sought after managers / Management teams that are available?

Who was the money to spend  ;D
Living the dream!!!

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 01, 2019, 10:58:57 AM
How many clubs are now manager-less and on the hunt for the new season? E.g. Is Pascal Canavan still at Errigal

Who are now the most sought after managers / Management teams that are available?

Who was the money to spend  ;D
Would Pascal manage another club in Tyrone?

skeog

Mighty unlikely Tiffy would though.

pressupking

Quote from: ANON2018 on October 28, 2019, 08:14:46 AM

Loughmacrory making waves around the county again for all the wrong reasons. Refusing to change the game today after a death in the Strabane club leading Strabane to concede the game. Very unnecessary.

Lough changed the time of the game twice at Strabane's request, first til 2pm then til 11am. Then Strabane decided not to field.
[/quote]

loughmacrory as a club would need to really have a long hard look at themselves, great facilities but truly being let down by the antics of their players and management on and off the pitch!!! the photographic evidence is their to back up the disgusting acts carried out, and to not change the game for a club mourning the loss of a valued member really is the lowest of the low.  i always had alot of time for the lough and their members, but this latest news is the final straw!!!!  chairman would need to change the current culture of that club ASAP before they become the most hated club in tyrone!!

Tyrone Gaa

2 Tyrone clubs eliminated form their perspective Ulster Championships on penalty shootouts. I understand a winner needs to be determined but the penalty route doesn't seem right to me. I'd sooner see 45s as a GAA alternative maybe just the one nominated kicker one per club.
Living the dream!!!

LeoMc

Good man "pressupking" register just to come out with that load of shite on a post explaining the Strabane v Lough situation.

delgany

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 03, 2019, 06:10:25 PM
2 Tyrone clubs eliminated form their perspective Ulster Championships on penalty shootouts. I understand a winner needs to be determined but the penalty route doesn't seem right to me. I'd sooner see 45s as a GAA alternative maybe just the one nominated kicker one per club.

Portglenone v lamb dearg  had 45s  , a few weeks ago . It was a pile of rubbish  compared to tension penalty kicks would generate !

TF15

Just do a coin toss for sides to line out and do next score wins. Why hasn't that been suggested.

Tyrone Gaa

Rock have had their day on social media.

"The GAA needs to take a good look at itself, two Tyrone teams were eliminated from Ulster Championship games over the weekend on penalties, ourselves and now Trillick....no GAA match should ever be decided on penalties, next thing we will be having corner kicks and no handball. At the very worst another five minutes each way should be played. Remember the famous Dublin v Meath saga.....no penalties needed there.....battle until the end. We definitely need to stand up against this soccer rule coming into our game."
Living the dream!!!