Would you be in favour of a second tier?

Started by sligoman2, June 26, 2017, 12:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be in favour of an alternative championship for Div 3 and 4 with winners and runners up rejoining the other championship.

Yes
136 (52.7%)
No
104 (40.3%)
Undecided
18 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 258

Rossfan

You've a severe dose of it alright ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

t_mac

trailer

Armagh will have a good chance of winning the tier 2 competition i'd imagine. After it's successful bedding in, I'd hope that a tier 3 competition will be introduced for the likes of Carlow, London, Leitrim and Derry. We must do everything to promote GAA in these weaker counties and winning silverware is a good start.

t_mac

Hence the McKenna Cup to allow Tyrone to feel some sense of achievement for the year ahead, you're right fair dues to the GAA, they should be rightly applauded.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: trailer on October 24, 2019, 10:39:13 AM
Armagh will have a good chance of winning the tier 2 competition i'd imagine. After it's successful bedding in, I'd hope that a tier 3 competition will be introduced for the likes of Carlow, London, Leitrim and Derry. We must do everything to promote GAA in these weaker counties and winning silverware is a good start.
Derry lol, f u c k Trailer you are a twist merchant like

Cunny Funt

I see Horan and HQ are seeking a name for this tier 2 Cup any suggestions?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 24, 2019, 04:44:14 PM
The cup should be named after someone who didn't ply their trade with one of the stronger counties.
I'd suggest naming it after Tommy Murphy of Leix.

BennyCake

How about the Tomas Ó Murchú Cup? Maybe people won't notice.

Esmarelda

It should be called the John Horan Cup. I think everyone, on both sides of the debate, would be happy with that.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Esmarelda on October 24, 2019, 06:02:21 PM
It should be called the John Horan Cup. I think everyone, on both sides of the debate, would be happy with that.

As mentioned elsewhere Horans Hoax cup?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 24, 2019, 04:44:14 PM

You're not serious? If that's the case, you may kiss it goodbye.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

It should be called the All Ireland Senior 2/ Intermediate/Whatever Football Championship.
Calling it the Somebody Cup turns it into a Tournament straight away.

t_mac

Quote from: Rossfan on October 25, 2019, 08:52:46 AM
It should be called the All Ireland Senior 2/ Intermediate/Whatever Football Championship.

Yeah that would make it special, up next we have highlights of the All Ireland Senior 2 Football Championship Match played out in the sticks somewhere with one man and his dog looking on at 30 boys who were left after the rest pissed off to America / had a bit of twinge and couldn't play etc.  - Right you have sold it to me, get the marketing team onto this light bulb moment.

Rossfan

Quote from: t_mac on October 25, 2019, 09:37:12 AM

Yeah that would make it special, up next we have highlights of the All Ireland Senior 2 Football Championship Match played out in the sticks somewhere with one man and his dog looking on at 30 boys who were left after the rest pissed off to America / had a bit of twinge and couldn't play etc.  - Right you have sold it to me, get the marketing team onto this light bulb moment.
Take your tablets!!!

t_mac

Quote from: Rossfan on October 25, 2019, 10:16:38 AM
Quote from: t_mac on October 25, 2019, 09:37:12 AM

Take your tablets!!!

Tell me do you work in marketing.  ;D