Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Dry your eyes ogra. Devlin was used as a punchbag move on.

Cuan12

Red could have nipped it in the bud, the supporters should know better

whitegoodman

Certain teams in Down are getting very fond of the eye gouging

thebar

Quote from: whitegoodman on July 27, 2018, 09:28:31 PM
Certain teams in Down are getting very fond of the eye gouging

ok

Kingpins

Seems to be the case white goodman, very sinister & unsporting behaviour which unless acted upon by the county board or match officials could end badly for a fella, soon be when playing the lough island reavy contingent safety glasses/goggles will soon need to be complusory. Disgusting and despicable behaviour on that regular of an occurance makes you question is it being coached and advised beforehand!!

Smurfy123

The league is hotting up now. I will tell you what that Rostrevor team have made some improvements this year. We destroyed them at the start of the year but tonight they looked very good. Anyone know has Devlin woke up yet

downjim

Did the new Down coach leave the buses at home last night?

Eye gouging is the worst thing I've ever seen and it was brutal on Thursday night. A disgrace!

JimmyFloydMay123

Quote from: downjim on July 28, 2018, 09:31:14 AM

Eye gouging is the worst thing I've ever seen and it was brutal on Thursday night. A disgrace!

Guessing you're talking about Poacher here and Ballyholland who where at home to the bridge so your point is irrelevant, clown.

downjim

Yes the Bridge , they are hardly the Harlem Globetrotters

whitegoodman

Quote from: JimmyFloydMay123 on July 28, 2018, 05:45:27 PM
Quote from: downjim on July 28, 2018, 09:31:14 AM

Guessing you're talking about Poacher here and Ballyholland who where at home to the bridge so your point is irrelevant, clown.

I may be wrong but I think he was referring to the fact that they were well beaten and mustn't have parked the bus as they usually would.

Besides I will be well surprised if he is the new Down coach.

charlieTully

Quote from: hardstation on July 28, 2018, 08:56:19 PM
Too many coaches and buses being mentioned. It's hard to follow what anything means.

It's all a bit augher clougher fivemiletown

Smurfy123

Jesus it is a strange one. I do think Poacher is the best coach in Down football but looking at results lately they struggle against decent teams. Laois beat Carlow 3 times last year. This is the same Laois that Down hammered under McCartan and McCorry. Looking through Ballyhollands championship record they have failed to beat Kilcoo Burren Castlewellan Mayobridge Clonduff Bryansford Downpatrick in 5 years. Possibly the top 7 teams in Down. Whitegoodman what is your thoughts?

Smurfy123

They may have beaten Clonduff

Smurfy123

Any word on Devlin? Last seen running down milltown street. Eye gouging has no place in football in this county. It's time referees stud up to these Kilcoo players. Any truth Devlin is all talk no substance?

whitegoodman

Poucher is undoubtably a talented coach and motivator who can organise a team.  He is still to convince if he can take a team to the next level of being an attacking force against decent teams.

If there is little money about then he is probably the best option available within the county (despite the sideline antics).  I happen to think that he has no chance while the man in the hat is still around.

If there is money (which I think there is), I'd much prefer one of Tally, Devlin or McEntee.....In that order!!