Football Trivia Question Driving Me Nuts!

Started by 118cmal, April 14, 2009, 05:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 16, 2009, 02:56:46 PM
another one to think about as well
what player has played in the top division in the English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portugease, Dutch and American leagues.
as far as i know hes the only one!!

Daniel Amockachi?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 16, 2009, 03:15:57 PM
what player has played in the top division in the English, Spanish, German, Italian, Portugease, Dutch and American leagues.

Daniel Amockachi?

nope
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

shark

Last 6 England football managers: Capello, McClaren, Eriksson, Taylor, Keegan, Wilkinson.  Who are the only 2 players to have played under all 6? One is obvious, the other less so.

TacadoirArdMhacha

According to Ferguson's book, he placed a bid for Hirst and was discussing a bid for Peter Beardsley when Leeds rang inquiring of Denis Irwin's availability. Ferguson asked Edwards to ask them about Cantona. The rest is history.

No mention of any other players and according to Ferguson the interest in Beardsley didn't go as far as a bid.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: shark on April 16, 2009, 03:22:17 PM
Last 6 England football managers: Capello, McClaren, Eriksson, Taylor, Keegan, Wilkinson.  Who are the only 2 players to have played under all 6? One is obvious, the other less so.

Beckham and Heskey?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

shark

AFS

Abel Luís da Silva Costa Xavier  ;D

AFS

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 16, 2009, 03:24:07 PM

Beckham and Heskey?

David James?

DownFanatic

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 16, 2009, 03:23:20 PM
According to Ferguson's book, he placed a bid for Hirst and was discussing a bid for Peter Beardsley when Leeds rang inquiring of Denis Irwin's availability. Ferguson asked Edwards to ask them about Cantona. The rest is history.

No mention of any other players and according to Ferguson the interest in Beardsley didn't go as far as a bid.

There was no official bid for Beardsley. Hirst was Ferguson's prime target but there were also two other players whose clubs rejected Utd's bids that week.

Clue: One of them is English but was not born on the English mainland.
Clue: One of them has three England caps to his name

A Quinn Martin Production

Beckham and Michael Owen (@ Real Madrid??)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AFS on April 16, 2009, 03:27:05 PM

Abel Luís da Silva Costa Xavier  ;D

correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
some list of clubs!!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 16, 2009, 03:29:33 PM

There was no official bid for Beardsley. Hirst was Ferguson's prime target but there were also two other players whose clubs rejected Utd's bids that week.

2 random guesses then
matt le tissier??
steve bull??

shark

Apologies, there are in fact 3, Beckham, Heskey is correct and 1 more....

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 16, 2009, 03:33:04 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on April 16, 2009, 03:29:33 PM

2 random guesses then
matt le tissier??
steve bull??

John Barnes??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties