County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 24, 2018, 09:48:16 AM
http://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/288250?county=National
Mayo's top official believes Stephen Rochford will stay on as senior football manager for a fourth term.

Rochford has two years left to run on an existing agreement and, speaking to the Western People, County Board chairman Mike Connelly revealed he expects the former Crossmolina player to commit to the cause for 2019.

The futures of trainer Donie Buckley and selector Peter Burke are less certain, however.

"We're giving Stephen the month to review his own situation," Connelly remarked.

"There's a lot of rumours that Donie Buckley isn't going to be there and maybe Peter Burke [too]. We haven't been told this but I presume that if that is happening, that [Stephen's] talking to whoever is remaining in his backroom and planning for next year.

"He was at the All-Ireland U20 semi-final in Carrick on Shannon so I presume he was there for more than one reason."

Is it a bit odd that the CB are putting "rumours" about the backroom team into the public domain? 🤔

bennydorano

Down- would the Mulholland / Poacher ticket be a popular choice?

Shamrock Shore

Denis Connerton steps down as Longford manager

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 25, 2018, 09:19:26 PM

What is the reason for that? He had them going in the right direction I thought.

Shamrock Shore

Personal reasons. Off to Dubai to teach AFAIK.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 24, 2018, 03:19:10 PM
Mayo's top official believes Stephen Rochford will stay on as senior football manager for a fourth term.

Rochford has two years left to run on an existing agreement and, speaking to the Western People, County Board chairman Mike Connelly revealed he expects the former Crossmolina player to commit to the cause for 2019.

The futures of trainer Donie Buckley and selector Peter Burke are less certain, however.

"We're giving Stephen the month to review his own situation," Connelly remarked.

"There's a lot of rumours that Donie Buckley isn't going to be there and maybe Peter Burke [too]. We haven't been told this but I presume that if that is happening, that [Stephen's] talking to whoever is remaining in his backroom and planning for next year.

"He was at the All-Ireland U20 semi-final in Carrick on Shannon so I presume he was there for more than one reason."

Is it a bit odd that the CB are putting "rumours" about the backroom team into the public domain? 🤔

McEntee rumoured to be leaving too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 25, 2018, 09:31:10 PM

Oh right, hopefully you get a decent replacement as I like Longford.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 25, 2018, 09:32:59 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 24, 2018, 03:19:10 PM

McEntee rumoured to be leaving too.

He appears to have been an incredible waste of money.

Rossfan

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 25, 2018, 09:19:26 PM
I presume ye'll be calling to a certain Garda in Boyle? ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 25, 2018, 09:31:10 PM
I highly doubt it
He's a retired principal

rodney trotter

It was expected that connerton was stepping down. Mickey Graham will likely be in the frame.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 25, 2018, 11:56:30 PM
It was expected that connerton was stepping down. Mickey Graham will likely be in the frame.

Sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhh. Don't let Laureleye hear this!

Westside

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 26, 2018, 12:01:06 AM

Not a fan?

I hope he takes over Longford because if he doesn't he could well end up in the Cavan job. I know lads who played under him at Club level. Not impressive at all.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Westside on July 26, 2018, 09:14:20 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 26, 2018, 12:01:06 AM

Not a fan?

I hope he takes over Longford because if he doesn't he could well end up in the Cavan job. I know lads who played under him at Club level. Not impressive at all.

Christ no - the complete opposite. Graham is doing great things with Laurel's club, St. Columbas Mullinalaghta, so he'd be unwilling to see him depart. Strange that the Cavan lads not impressed. Seems that prophets are never appreciated in their own lands, to paraphrase the Lord himself.

five points

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 26, 2018, 09:26:39 AM
Christ no - the complete opposite. Graham is doing great things with Laurel's club, St. Columbas Mullinalaghta, so he'd be unwilling to see him depart. Strange that the Cavan lads not impressed. Seems that prophets are never appreciated in their own lands, to paraphrase the Lord himself.

Mickey's tenure as Cavan minor manager didn't go particularly well, to put it mildly.