The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 18, 2009, 04:38:52 PM
I see a young lad Duffy scored for Everton today? Is he from Doire?

yea- was in the owc squad for the 3 nil defeat to italy, tho didnt see any gametime

Mr. Nakata

On Everton forums, there's real positive feedback about this young Derry center half. He's only 17 I think and all the talk is that he's definitely future first team material. Moyes obviously likes the look of him and hopes he'll play a full season for the reserves or possibly even half a season out on loan.

As for the Naughton debacle, very typical of Everton and their recent pre-season form. The season we were decisive in the market and got our players in at the start of the window, we finished 4th. It's not rocket science. If we get anybody in it'll be a week or so before the kick-off (possibly a day or so) and the integration will be non existent.

I despair, I really do. Though I've still booked my flights and got my ticket for the opener against Arsenal.

COYB

Norf Tyrone

I meant to post re young Naughton.

I watched Sheff United several times last year, and was very impressed with what I seen. Definately could've been a good signing for you lot.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Mr. Nakata

Can we hold on to Lescott now that Toure's gone to city?. Apparently they're hovering around Upson now. Squeaky bum time. I wish he'd come out and say he's staying. I'll be gutted if he goes to city. Distraught in fact.

Mr. Nakata

Lescott asks to leave and we now make a bid for Senderos. Sweet Lord, do I not like that.......

boojangles

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on August 04, 2009, 01:27:54 PM
Lescott asks to leave and we now make a bid for Senderos. Sweet Lord, do I not like that.......
Oh mess.Lescott didnt travel with the team at the weekend.Writings on the wall.
Senderos please say it aint so. Probably get over 20M for Joleon but nobody to replace him.Still we'v got Jags and Yobo. Baines on the left and Id be trying Jacobsen alot more on the right.
Mr Nakata did we not buy Fabian Delph earlier in the summer? Heard the contrary earlier.

Mr. Nakata

No. Delph's on his way to Villa. We were linked with him though this last few months. Jacobsen signed for Blackburn as well, they offered him a 2 year deal. Right back and centre-half are of major concern. Jags isn't back until November. If we get Defour from Liege I might be a wee bit happier, but by all accounts the dirties from across the park are interested as well. That would kill me altogether if they got him.

Archie Mitchell

What's you views on the Lescott saga?

As he say's he wants to go, do you think it's right that Moyes keeps saying he's not for sale?

If the player's heart isn't in it, what's the point keeping him? Moyes is probably upset that it's City and that the money will be a factor. I think Lescott lives in Manchester as well.

boojangles

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on August 04, 2009, 05:03:30 PM
What's you views on the Lescott saga?

As he say's he wants to go, do you think it's right that Moyes keeps saying he's not for sale?

If the player's heart isn't in it, what's the point keeping him? Moyes is probably upset that it's City and that the money will be a factor. I think Lescott lives in Manchester as well.

Id agree there.Sick to see him go but if he has put in a request then Id see whats the most we can get for him.
Didnt hear about Jacobsen either.Liked the look of him,better than Hibbert IMO.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on August 04, 2009, 04:36:21 PM
No. Delph's on his way to Villa. We were linked with him though this last few months. Jacobsen signed for Blackburn as well, they offered him a 2 year deal. Right back and centre-half are of major concern. Jags isn't back until November. If we get Defour from Liege I might be a wee bit happier, but by all accounts the dirties from across the park are interested as well. That would kill me altogether if they got him.
Defour's talking to Liverpool as we speak....
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Mr. Nakata

The Lescott issue is a killer. Everton appear to be saying the media have got this wrong, he hasn't asked for a transfer. If he has, I think Moyes is f**ked off that he's left it until 10 days before kick-off, which is completely out of order. It's a strange one. What's the point keeping a player who's asked to move. The fans will go nuts, they'll be on his back. His performances will be impacted. If he has asked to go, he has to go and Moyes needs to get as much moolah as possible. We rely on unity and team spirit as a major factor in why we've been competitive over the last few years. Defour is a class act and if the fat Spanish waiter gets him in as a squad player, that'll sicken my happiness. He'd walk onto our team.

Hound

Would Everton not be better letting Lescott go for say £15m + Richard Dunne. A heap of money and a better defender? Or did Dunne dirty his bib when he was at Goodison?

Don't watch Everton all that often, but I think Lescott is way over-rated because he gets the odd goal. Jagielka carries him anytime I have seen them.

Mr. Nakata

Lescott has been consistently brilliant for Everton over the last 3 years in 2 different positions, winning player's player of the season 2 years in a row. This will be a massive loss to the toffees if it happens. Dicky didn't dirty his bib at all. He left Goodison with everybody's best wishes. I just think Moyes fancied the other younger guy Onuha. I simply have no idea how this is going to pan out. I really hate pre-season with a passion.

Archie Mitchell

Onouha just signed a new 5 year contract so Hughes has no plans to make him part of the deal. Sure use are getting Senderos anyway  ;)

Archie Mitchell

So Lescott has finally handed in a written transfer request which Everton have rejected. Can admire Moyes stance in not wanting to sell one of his best players, but if the player wants to leave what's the point in keeping him at the club?