The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

brilliant performance tonight. superb away display for the 2nd time in 4 days. every player put in a super shift, it should have been more than 2-0. fantastic support tonight as well. roll on the semis. :)
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

Agreed, thoroughly enjoyed that performance. Every single player emptied the tank. Jagielka will have a serious job on his hands getting back into the team the way Heitinga and Distin are playing. Both flawless again tonight. Jelavic looks like a great signing and Cahill starting to look like his old self again. Will definitely go to Wembley for the semi. Unmissable...

Leo

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on March 27, 2012, 11:31:48 PM
Agreed, thoroughly enjoyed that performance. Every single player emptied the tank. Jagielka will have a serious job on his hands getting back into the team the way Heitinga and Distin are playing. Both flawless again tonight. Jelavic looks like a great signing and Cahill starting to look like his old self again. Will definitely go to Wembley for the semi. Unmissable...

Not an Everton fan by any means but they looked a well-drilled team tonight, Moyes getting the best out of a limited squad, hope they go all the way, enough on show tonight for MON to consider how big a cheque book he will need to  have for next year.
Fierce tame altogether

johnneycool

Gibson makes a good bit of a difference when he's on.

He's better at picking the long range passes for Cahill, Jelli and Guaye to chase after.

Thought the hounding done by the midfield last night prevented Sunderland from getting going, McClean had very little to work with.

I would have brought Denis on earlier as Jelli was a busted flush after 60 minutes or so.

Orangemac

Unbelievable performance by Everton last night. Should have been 4 or 5. Jelavic was briiliant last night, could have had 3 or 4 goals but ran himself into the ground. Yakubu despite his goals was not doing this and that is probably why he was sold.

Everton might not have the most gifted squad in the PL but I doubt there is a more together or committed group of players in the PL.
It is a pity we could not bring in 2 or 3 quality players in the summer and push on.

Hopefully there will be no injuries before the semi final and we can give Liverpool a good kicking.

johnneycool

Quote from: Orangemac on March 28, 2012, 10:39:46 PM

Hopefully there will be no injuries before the semi final and we can give Liverpool a good kicking.

Well apart from Hibbert. I hope he sprains his toe or something not too serious.

SHEEDY

another good win today and another clean sheet. good week to be an evertonian. :)
nil satis nisi optimum

Orangemac

Quote from: SHEEDY on March 31, 2012, 08:02:10 PM
another good win today and another clean sheet. good week to be an evertonian. :)
Things are going too well. Team playing well, Liverpool in disarray with Reina out of the SF. I don' t like it going into that game as favourites.

Gazzler

Quote from: Orangemac on April 01, 2012, 10:41:28 PM
Things are going too well. Team playing well, Liverpool in disarray with Reina out of the SF. I don' t like it going into that game as favourites.
Paddypower has Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea all at same price to win FA Cup with Everton a good bit back at 4/1. What makes you think then they are favs to beat Liverpool ?

stew

Here's hoping Everton take their neighbours to the woodshed.

The contrast between managers is staggering to say the least, Moyes has done more with less than any manager in the league whilst Kenny has done an awful job managing Liverpool, he has spent indecent amounts of money on players that were excellent before they got there and now they are dreadful and half the players they were prior to coming to Anfield.

I was stunned at carrolls act the other day, he could have tapped a ball in as he had rounded the keeper and instead he dives, he responds to the crowd who clearly got in his head and then, when subbed out because he was absolute shite he throws a tantrum and shows up the manager and the club, he is not worth it.

Liverpool have totally lost their way, both on the field of play and in the court of public opinion. To me the buck stops with daglish, he has been absolutely dreadful and they need to replace him as soon as possible because he is a mare!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Gazzler on April 01, 2012, 10:46:17 PM
Paddypower has Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea all at same price to win FA Cup with Everton a good bit back at 4/1. What makes you think then they are favs to beat Liverpool ?
everton definitly not favs in bookies eyes. prices for semi final from skybet; liverpool 5/4  draw 23/10  everton 2/1
nil satis nisi optimum

Orangemac

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 03, 2012, 08:41:37 PM
Quote from: Gazzler on April 01, 2012, 10:46:17 PM
everton definitly not favs in bookies eyes. prices for semi final from skybet; liverpool 5/4  draw 23/10  everton 2/1
Liverpool were favourites to beat Newcastle with the bookies, I didn't see too many people tipping thm to win. A lot of pundits will be tipping Everton which is never good.

Orangemac

Another brilliant result today with a few key men rested. Yet again we are showing CL form since Christmas.Pity Pienaar wasn't available for the Liverpool game.

As I have said before things are going too well ahead of the weekend, I would rather we were not being talked up. That big donkey Carroll will probably have a stormer at the weekend.

Captain Obvious

A chance to finish above Liverpool in the table and knock them out of the FA cup, Everton supporters will be ecstatic if that happens.

SHEEDY

brilliant win today with a few key players rested sets us up nicely for the weekend. agree with orangemac wish pienaar was available but confidence is high and everyone is buzzing. it has to be our time!!
nil satis nisi optimum