Ulster Final Fermanagh V Donegal Sunday 24th June

Started by never kickt a ball, June 06, 2018, 09:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

RedHand88

Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 03:09:45 PM
The dog headed straight for goal so I doubt he's a Fermanagh man.

Post of the day.

manfromdelmonte

Orior

Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 03:09:45 PM
The dog headed straight for goal so I doubt he's a Fermanagh man.

Tomorrow's headline "Dog attends Ulster Final"

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Schkite

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 24, 2018, 02:41:08 PM
This is making Monaghan look very poor.

You have a real bee in your bonnett about Monaghan for some strange reason

Zulu

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 24, 2018, 03:12:44 PM
Not even a high head tackle on the replay!

Yeah, this high tackle stuff is nonsense. Jones very nearly performed a perfect tackle but once he didn't get the ball the momentum of the Donegal brought Jones's arm up. He then made a meal of it to get Jones sent off. Dangerous high tackles should be punished of course but your hand moves from high to low to tackle so it's very easy for legitimate attempts at tackling to contact the shoulder or upper chest area. Diving from players isn't helping either.

Jinxy

Is the sound on RTE bad or is the atmosphere genuinely that lifeless?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

imtommygunn

O'rourke reckons an ai in that donegal team within a few years. :o They're good but kerry or dublin a level above just yet.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Zulu on June 24, 2018, 03:19:35 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 24, 2018, 03:12:44 PM
Not even a high head tackle on the replay!

Yeah, this high tackle stuff is nonsense. Jones very nearly performed a perfect tackle but once he didn't get the ball the momentum of the Donegal brought Jones's arm up. He then made a meal of it to get Jones sent off. Dangerous high tackles should be punished of course but your hand moves from high to low to tackle so it's very easy for legitimate attempts at tackling to contact the shoulder or upper chest area. Diving from players isn't helping either.
Top of the shoulder is not a high tackle

Captain Obvious

Well done to Donegal I think they could well reach the All Ireland semi final now. Fermanagh unlikely to see the last eight IMO.

Aaron Boone

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on June 24, 2018, 03:24:05 PM
Is the sound on RTE bad or is the atmosphere genuinely that lifeless?

It happens in Gaelic Football when people get bored! I'd say there was some level of daydreaming in the Audience at that game today. People chatting about general topics and half watching the game.

BennyCake

seafoid

I don't think the standard in Ulster is great this year .
Donegal may be the one eyed man in the land of the blind.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2018, 03:05:09 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on June 24, 2018, 02:46:56 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 24, 2018, 02:38:08 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 24, 2018, 02:33:42 PM
Ryan McHugh a joy to watch in full flow. Super goal.

Fermanagh played a bit of football after it in fairness, but Donegal are too good

Donegal are average enough. It doesn't speak well for the level of Ulster football that they appear to be a level above everyone else.

Given yo

After the shite we have watched this year it's a fair cocky Rossie that could call Donegal average enough....

You mean winning D2 in third gear and having the winning of the provincial final? How much Roscommon football have you actually seen in the last 20 years to regard any of that as 'shite'? ???

You'd do well not to try to play the poor mouth all the time because it has absolutely no effect when it's so see-through. Not as silly as whatever nonsense Rossfan is at but let's at least have enough respect for the rest of the posters and be honest.

I will safely venture I have seen twice as much Roscommon senior competitive matches over the past 20 tears...

And yes shite is what ed saw in div 2 with exception of 15 minute spells in most games except Down.....

Drop the  primrose sun glasses and  analyse football if you are capable.

I hope it better than yiur attempts to debate 26 county and 6 county republicanism a few months back