Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Its not been decided with ourselves if we will field or not in the football and hurling as well.

Will prob be decided tonight what we will do.

Personally i can see arguments for and against it but if we did field it would be teams of young lads minus all our county hurlers.

hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 29, 2020, 10:15:06 AM
Its not been decided with ourselves if we will field or not in the football and hurling as well.

Personally i can see arguments for and against it but if we did field it would be teams of young lads minus all our county hurlers.

Perfect, and if you can't field thats grand also..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2020, 12:24:18 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 29, 2020, 10:15:06 AM

Perfect, and if you can't field thats grand also..

I see going by countys Facebook that they've reshuffled again so must have got some sorta indication from clubs that they'd field some sort of team and those that didn't they just pulled them out, gets lads games if nothing else

Milltown Row2

Seen it there, Covid leagues
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

I see on the Antrim fixtures website that Sarsfields home matches are held at the 'Bear Pit' Is this in anyway the official name for their field?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on September 29, 2020, 01:22:02 PM
I see on the Antrim fixtures website that Sarsfields home matches are held at the 'Bear Pit' Is this in anyway the official name for their field?

I'd assume so... Our pitches are officially De-La-Salle Park but gets Milltown Row.. Anyone call it anything else? Always the Bear Pit to me

Calm Down

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2020, 12:43:05 PM
Seen it there, Covid leagues

HOMEFIT POST COVID FOOTBALL- Some competitive games in there. So glad to see some format for those who want to play as a County and an association it seemed bleak in April/May time and for me the continuation of teams being afforded to play is another dial back to clubs getting the importance and recognition they deserve................long run the season

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 29, 2020, 06:56:07 PM
Friendlies

I'd imagine the Covid cup will be given to winners at the end!

Belfast GAA man

When is A National draw not a National draw..... see GAA newsletter September

bannside

https://t.co/hlTw8E0YIv

An excellent piece from Brendan Crossan highlighting the miraculous recovery from Covid of Gerald Mc Larnon and Niall Murphy after months in coma.

Belfast GAA man

So the u12 team looking forward to their championship Final don't get playing it b cos adults can't behave ! Blanket bans are lazy and punish the Innocent

BigBallWeeBall

Have to agree with Belfast gaa man. GAA is peculiar organisation at times but more so at the moment. National Draw is RoI only and therfore not for the nation. Nothing from Ulster Council on this.
Today all club activities called off!!!!!  the u12s across the 32 are now kicking their heels because their older GAA members can't control the celebrations

Milltown Row2

What's the alternative? Play it off once the ban ceases? I wouldn't put the blame of the crisis at the door of the GAA as it's not surprising that when wet pubs opened and students went back to college and we opened up primary and secondary schools that there would be a hike!

Hopefully it will reduce numbers and these games can be finished, the blaming of GAA by ones on the hill is exactly what you are doing. Club supporters are not blameless either, and need to share some of the blame and attention it's getting but there's a lot more to it

Bronco

Dry your eyes.

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 05, 2020, 08:54:21 PM
So the u12 team looking forward to their championship Final don't get playing it b cos adults can't behave ! Blanket bans are lazy and punish the Innocent