Coalisland
Errigal
Ardboe
Kildress
Donaghmore
Non of the above

orangeman

Quote from: Zapatista on April 03, 2008, 05:43:43 PM
I picked Dromore. Being from Dromore it probably did influence my decision though. I'd have to say i might have picked Carmen otherwise due to the fact they are Carmen and no other reason. They did finish on top of the league but Dromore are a better team. I still might have picked Dromore for winning the double in 07. I'm really looking forward to this Championship. Going in defending the title for the first time definitely adds to it but also bring some extra nerves. To choose any other team ye would need to know something the rest of us don't know or else your hoping for a lucky year, but sometimes that's what Championship football is about ;)

Personally I think it will be hard for you to defend the title Zapatista - in saying that I've said you'll be very close to Carmen - I do expect you to be in the final against Carmen with Errigal and Coalisland getting to the semis.

Zapatista

Who are ye telling OM. It took us 75 years to win it in the first place :D That might also be a motivator not to give it up easily though.

orangeman

Quote from: Zapatista on April 03, 2008, 05:51:33 PM
Who are ye telling OM. It took us 75 years to win it in the first place :D That might also be a motivator not to give it up easily though.

There's no doubt you'll defend it to the last and may well end up winning it again but I just have a feeling that Carmen have regrouped, have got a few new signings, boys back from injury and foreign shores and will take a lot of beating - They took a lot of stick after Clonoe last year from outside and within and will be going all out.

tyrone86

Is Ryan Porter back with ye again this year or is he exclusively with Donegal?

go4goal

I'd say dromore will be hungry to defend their crown and with a team of now experienced winners they have the opportunity to push on for another championship. Carrickmore will also be very close IMHO with transferred and returning players hungry for the O'neill cup they will push Dromore all the way. I cannot see any other team winning the championship as these 2 teams have the skill and experience to win but I predict Dromore to win for the 2nd time.

loughshore lad

Quote from: tieroan on April 03, 2008, 05:09:41 PM
I cant see them improving from an average team last year to county champions last year. I predict a repeat of last years final if they stay apart with the Fianna reaping revenge.

Are you for real?? I think this one of the funniest things I read on this board all year. How do you come to the conclusion Carmen are an average team? They only lost 2/3 games last year and that included extinguishing the fianna blues (thats where you are from I think?) fire in the league semi final with some ease.

Zapatista

Quote from: tyrone86 on April 03, 2008, 09:50:10 PM

Is Ryan Porter back with ye again this year or is he exclusively with Donegal?

He is with Dromore too. If it's not broke don't fx it.

orangeman

Quote from: go4goal on April 03, 2008, 11:15:59 PM
I'd say dromore will be hungry to defend their crown and with a team of now experienced winners they have the opportunity to push on for another championship. Carrickmore will also be very close IMHO with transferred and returning players hungry for the O'neill cup they will push Dromore all the way. I cannot see any other team winning the championship as these 2 teams have the skill and experience to win but I predict Dromore to win for the 2nd time.

I reckon these will be the 2 teams in the final except I predict Carmen will be winners.

Zapatista

Quote from: go4goal on April 03, 2008, 11:15:59 PM

I'd say Dromore will be very hungry to defend it every bit as much as they where to win it in the first place. However, it would be very foolish to underestimate the hunger from Carmen or any of they others for that matter. Hunger will only get you so far though.

feetofflames

Nobody rates Ardboe then.  Each man carried away by hype.  Last year finally showed that maybe grinding down an opposition into submission, dour football can get you so far but you need football to win it.  Thats why Dromore won it. 
Last Year the best teams in the county were as follows
1) Dromore
2) Carrickmore
3) Coalisland
4) Donaghmore
5) Errigal
6) Cookstown

This year I expect the following
1) Dromore
2) Carrickmore
3) Ardboe
4) Coalisland
5) Errigal
6) Donaghmore

Pick any of the top 4 for the championship.  Any of the top 6 could win a league. 
Drom  ore were the best team to win the championship since Errigal Kerian won Ulster.  They seem to have all the aces this year again.  Hunger could be lessened, guys like Mc Menamin, Mc Cullough, snowy havent had a break in 15 months, it could affect later in the year.  Despite a blip V Kildress when they should have been beat they won all their luck last year they fought for everything - a fabulous team and my favourites for this year.  But carmen are snarling in the wings, there can be little doubt that taking Corrigan back into Carrickmore was a poorly received decision, many see it as a waste of 2 years and many were divided, but they are on the comeback and there was a better team spirit at the end of the season than at the start.  A carmen Dromore championship battle woul be a phenomenal battle this year. If Mark Donnelly has finally given Carrickmore some comittment then he will boost their chances they have a terrible foward line but seem to grind good teams down.  The Derry man mc keever will hardly matter, Carrickmore didnt need any improvements in their defence they are solid as a rock.  With Brian back Ardboe will give it real go.  Its a long time since 1998 and their team are now veterans, but write them off this years at your peril.  They can come from nowhere and take a championship.  Im giving Coalisland a lot of respect here on previous years achievements , yet I distrust their heart for it and balls are something that you have or havent it takes often too much time for to grow your own.  Dromore imported their balls from Killyclogher and it has made the difference - my understanding is that the Coalisland backroom team is still the same.  Dont expect to do the same thing a second time and get a different result.
For errigal to triumph they need Tyrone to have an early exit and form a real team bond between their county men and club regulars. In fairness they are average and may improve a bit on last year but will not scare any of the top 6 any more.   Donaghmore minus Mc Ginn may struggle but they have 3 starting members on the Academy squad, who knows what dynamic that could bring to the team.  I felt that last year could have been their year - they lack real leadership since big Hughes retired. Maybe the youger buck will stand up this year - always thought he had more potential than he has ever delivered.  For outsiders theres going to be power perfomances  from  Killyclogher, Clonoe, Kildress and Cookstown.  Its all shaping up to being one of the most open championship in years. My tip is Dromore for a second after beating Carmen in the semifinal and Ardboe in the final, but I wouldnt mind a bet on any of them.
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Carmen 1-21 Killyman 0-0

Carmen for the title again IMHO !

Tyrone Dreamer

I wouldnt be reading to much into that result. Killlyman were one of the worst teams in the 3rd division down last year and shouldnt be in senior football. Would be suprised if this is the biggest defeat they suffer this year. Still suprised they didnt manage to get a point though.

orangeman

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 06, 2008, 11:13:58 PM
I wouldnt be reading to much into that result. Killlyman were one of the worst teams in the 3rd division down last year and shouldnt be in senior football. Would be suprised if this is the biggest defeat they suffer this year. Still suprised they didnt manage to get a point though.

Not to get a point is some going ! The referee must have been a real bollox that didn't give them a free in order to register a score !

Zapatista

The voting seems a little weird to me. Who are the 3 who choose - none of the above -? Who do you think will win it?

feetofflames

I was up at the Carmen Killyman game and whilst Killyman brought nothing to the table this freescoring Carrickmore team will offer a lot of teams probl;em this year.  Beast carmen team in 4 years.
Chief Wiggum