Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on August 18, 2020, 06:10:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2020, 09:04:33 PM
Been a while since they were about, my wife use to mark those for an extra few shackles

Interesting method of payment.

Predictive text! 'Sheckles' Shekels
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Remember years ago in the 11 plus you had to put down whether you were a boy or a girl and were marked accordingly then one year in the late eighties they abolished it and remarked everyone?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JimStynes

ONeill

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on August 26, 2020, 09:04:48 PM
It's tiring, isn't it?
Heard that one this evening too! Even her Ma had to tell her she's not performing brain surgery.

JimStynes

It's definitely annoying! All these restrictions are making it much harder to teach.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on August 26, 2020, 10:25:34 PM
It's definitely annoying! All these restrictions are making it much harder to teach.
You wearing a visor? Wouldn't fancy it all day myself.

JimStynes

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 26, 2020, 10:33:48 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on August 26, 2020, 10:25:34 PM
You wearing a visor? Wouldn't fancy it all day myself.

No and I won't be. The most annoying thing is having the children spaced out around the room. Makes it very difficult for practical learning activities. I have a few children who are very anxious about the whole thing and have become paranoid about mixing with other children. Their nerves are shot. One child with autism in my class shouts out about social distancing every now and then, just to remind everyone.

macdanger2

Two cases before the courts in Dublin now. The exams should have been sat during the summer instead of this messing

armaghniac

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 17, 2020, 05:10:18 PM
Two cases before the courts in Dublin now. The exams should have been sat during the summer instead of this messing

Absolutely, they should have produced a formula early on, with an average similar to previous years, then have exams in August if anyone wasn't happy. Only a fraction of students would have actually sat the exam, since many would get the grade they expected and needed. This reduced number could have managed from a Covid perspective and the smaller number of exams could be have graded in a few weeks.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JimStynes

It's a long enough aul term all the same!

ONeill

FermGael

Peter Weir .
Just great leadership.
The bury your head in the sand approach again.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 09, 2020, 09:18:36 PM
The whole thing is a write off. I can't see exams this year again. With a bit of foresight, a more robust & consistent system could be established though.

At training day the wife said they believe no exams will be carried out! Surely now is the time to review things as you say and get it right!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea