Time to end corona virus restrictions

Started by trileacman, August 22, 2020, 10:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 23, 2020, 12:20:47 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 23, 2020, 12:14:12 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 22, 2020, 11:39:34 PM
there should be supports in place to protect the old and those with health conditions.
Yes.
They're called ICUs ya selfish *****.

I'm talking about supports to make sure these people don't get infected in the first place. Supports that will help them do as many of the (so called) normal stuff in life. make things safer.

The only way things can be made safer for anybody, especially older people and people with medical conditions, is by reducing interactions with other humans, which is exactly what you seemed to be against in a previous post

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on August 23, 2020, 12:26:57 AM
That means keeping them away from the rest of society.

Sure that's life for them at the moment anyway? (and I'm not advocating keeping them away from society)

Cage and restrict our youth? Have them live from bubble to bubble?

I am 50! Covid has disrupted, but in large not changed my life. But I look at my kids and think WTF is their life evolving into?

And before anybody calls me selfish, I was a lone carer of a parent for the guts of the last 10 years of their life.

sid waddell

That gathering at the Custom House today was scary

The lowlifes who organised it say the virus is "a scam"

At the same time they're trying to exploit anger at the eejits in Clifden - who broke the restrictions - which is exactly what the organisers of the fascist rally today are telling people to do

Scary that a senior counsel could be spouting 5G conspiracy nonsense at a white supremacist rally, just goes to show there's a big difference between passing exams and being intelligent

And Matt Le Tissier promoting the equivalent crackpots in England

Never meet your heroes, or even tweet your heroes

Internet brain rot is a real thing and it's gaining serious ground, it's already in control of several large and very influential countries

Eamonnca1

Quote from: trileacman on August 22, 2020, 10:19:26 PM
Is it now time to slowly remove the restrictions? Vast majority of people I've been talking to lately want some form of the restrictions lifted be it on rural pubs/ GAA matches/ weddings/ funerals/ parties. It now seems the greater amount of public opinion is against the continued economic and social damage associated with the virus with almost everyone expecting some concession to allow their own life to return to a normality.

This is not to do with the yellow vest/anti-masker protest. It's a general observation that public opinion is shifting against the restrictions and no government can hope to continue such a wide ranging policy that doesn't hold favor with the public.

Do you think the virus cares about popular opinion?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: sid waddell on August 23, 2020, 12:58:37 AM

At the same time they're trying to exploit anger at the eejits in Clifden - who broke the restrictions - which is exactly what the organisers of the fascist rally today are telling people to do

Scary that a senior counsel could be spouting 5G conspiracy nonsense at a white supremacist rally, just goes to show there's a big difference between passing exams and being intelligent

Internet brain rot is a real thing and it's gaining serious ground, it's already in control of several large and very influential countries

Was Gemtrails there too? Wouldn't surprise me. I'm seriously disappointed in Ireland. I thought the country was better informed and better educated than this.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 23, 2020, 12:20:47 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 23, 2020, 12:14:12 AM
there should be supports in place to protect the old and those with health conditions.
Yes.
They're called ICUs ya selfish *****.

I'm talking about supports to make sure these people don't get infected in the first place. Supports that will help them do as many of the (so called) normal stuff in life. make things safer.

There are already such supports in place. They're called social distancing, mask wearing, and hand washing.

sid waddell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 23, 2020, 01:15:44 AM

Was Gemtrails there too? Wouldn't surprise me. I'm seriously disappointed in Ireland. I thought the country was better informed and better educated than this.
Not sure if she was at the thing today but it's certainly her crowd, there were four arrests

She's so obviously hateful and crazy that it seems to me they're trying to gently move her aside in favour of loons with credentials like this senior counsel woman - Una McGurk, and another woman, Dolores Cahill, who apparently is a professor but is off the wall crazy

Irish flags everywhere of course, plus rebel music - the peddlers of wholly imported fascism always try to paint themselves as blood and soil nationalists, the "true defenders of the soil"

The crazy right-wing culture war is an industry now

It's got to the stage where media literacy really needs to be a compulsory subject in schools

Peter Casey was on 1% on the presidential election in 2018 - he started vilifying Travellers and suddenly went to over 20%

That was a serious warning that Ireland is far from immune from being seduced by fascism

Strangely, one of the positive things about Sinn Fein is that they tend to hoover up the sort of vote which in other countries would go to the far right

That's because of their nationalism

There's a serious effort by the far right to split the working class vote in in this country though - they are desperately trying to drum up racist hatred by turning the white working class against immigrants

I've been familiar with O'Doherty since 2013 - and it has been fascinating yet frightening to observe her evolution from scorned journalist into full blown fascist demagogue, and the slowness of people, including on the left, to cop on to what she was doing

Lar Naparka

From all of this we have multiple layers of Fear.

I don't have any fear of this damn thing. I respect the notion of keeping it under control. But it's not going to determine how I live or take control of my life.

You either get busy living or you get busy dying!

Youth and the healthy should be encouraged to live, while there should be supports in place to protect the old and those with health conditions.
Take my word for it, if you ever are unlucky enough to contract the little bastard, you'll have plenty of fear of it for the rest of your life. What sort of "supports" do you have in mind? How would you put them in place. The problem with youth and the healthy being encouraged to live is that we now have a resurgence of the virus and all the grunt work that was done to flatten the curve has been largely undone. From bitter personal experience, you cannot take control of your life as you cannot eliminate the risk of picking up the virus from someone who may already be infected but showing no outward signs.
I was infected for well over a fortnight but my blood pressure, body temperature and general health was well within normal range.  I had them checked three times a week - each time I turned up for a dialysis session. I wasn't sleeping normally and I had lost my appetite but no cough etc. and otherwise okay.
Indeed, the day before a routine swab confirmed that I had Covid-19, a renal consultant talked to me about possible reasons for my loss of appetite and sleep but he told me he had no idea what was causing my problems.
You can make all the positive resolutions you can think of but the fact is that unless you lock yourself away from the world, you run the risk of contacting an asymptomatic individual and you will wind up jettisoning from both ends and that's only if you contract a mild instance.
Never underestimate the danger.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Blowitupref

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 23, 2020, 01:15:44 AM

It's still a small minority in this country but they are more likely influenced by the amount of loons they see doing simliar in the USA. Stupidly like a virus spreads worldwide.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gallsman

From all of this we have multiple layers of Fear.

I don't have any fear of this damn thing. I respect the notion of keeping it under control. But it's not going to determine how I live or take control of my life.

You either get busy living or you get busy dying!

Youth and the healthy should be encouraged to live, while there should be supports in place to protect the old and those with health conditions.

Meaningless soundbites and clichés that appeal to idiots and morons.

imtommygunn

Is Jim Corr leading those protests in Dublin??

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2020, 08:51:30 AM
Is Jim Corr leading those protests in Dublin??
Seen some of the shite he was spouting on Twitter last night. The sisters need to get that lad some help.

rodney trotter

He's a male version of Gemma O Doherty

imtommygunn

Does he not get funded by people for his crazy theories?

I get some people maybe think some measures are a bit over the top etc but protesting en masse like that is not clever and if you are aligning yourself it's Jim corr you need to be asking serious questions about yourself.

This just seems another thing which is really polarising society these days.

Btw loving the shawshank quotes.

BennyCake

Even if you think the virus is manmade, caused by 5G or whatever else, it's still here. And it's still deadly.

Where were these protests?