American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

The Warriors i think will win it out, we were coasting during the season and had alot of injuries, Curry has only 40 games this year, so hes pretty fresh. Now everyone is nearly fully fit its hard to see anyone being consistent enough to stop us. Houston are our biggest threat but the Warriors defence is back to normal after going missing towards the end of the season. Pelicans and Spurs are better challenge than Jazz and Timberwolves. The Warriors are built for he play offs mentally, Houston untested.  Greens defensive abilities crucial with iguadalo and too many weapons going forward. It will be super aggressive and on the edge so hopefully we can avoid the technicals. Kerr is one of the greatest coaches too nothing will be left to chance.It will be a great series with Houston having home advantage but i think Warriors will win 4-2.

Living in Vancouver now so its great now to be able to watch at a normal time, ice hockey is great too and NFL primetime and super bowl.  8)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

gawa316

Can't wait for these 2 conference finals now, should be evenly enough matched. Only downside to the conference title games is the earlier start times. 7.30p western times suites me lovely. Childer sleeping and could enjoy, even could as far as catching the 2nd half at the local that has a 9pm happy hour!..going to miss a lot of the games due to bringing the cubs to baseball practice.

Asal Mor

Warriors were a much better balanced team than the Rockets last night. Too much teamwork and too many options for them to handle. Durant and Thompson were a joy to watch. Hard to imagine the Warriors winning without KD now. Green very fortunate not to have been ejected with a 2nd technical on a couple of occasions for roaring at the refs. Had an excellent game too though.

Harden couldn't have done any more offensively and Capela was very good and effective doing what he does. Ariza was a bit unlucky with a couple of calls which got him into foul trouble and the Rockets bench was poor. Mbah a Moute went 0-6.

gawa316

Only got to see the first five or so minutes.  Was anything made of the cp3 elbow on KD's butt?

Asal Mor

Quote from: gawa316 on May 15, 2018, 03:12:05 PM
Only got to see the first five or so minutes.  Was anything made of the cp3 elbow on KD's butt?
The commentators just said something about Paul telling Durant to get up or some words to that effect. Paul gets away with a lot of fouls that a bigger man wouldn't, especially in his use of his spare arm when dribbling at defenders.

gallsman

CP3 id the moaniest, whingiest, sneakiest player in the league and has been for years. The Sergio Ramos or the Busquets off the NBA.

gawa316

Warriors in bonus territory now. I'm sure they though let's split the opening 2 games so now that can just go for it in the second.

KD was superb last night, difficult to know what the rockets can do to nullify him. Double team him and leave one of klay or Steph open or go one on one and he just dominates that defender

gawa316

Celtics looked impressive again tonight. Cavs down 2 zip, tough seeing them coming back from them win 3 of 5 games. LBJ scores 42 and they still lose, has he got another level?

gallsman

LeBron in really big trouble. The Cavs D is all over the place. You had lads knocking down massively wide open 3s mere minutes into the game. Be interesting to see if JR gets a ban. Least disgusted flagrant foul you'll see for a while.

The Iceman

Will be delighted if Celtics gone on to win the East. I can't see them winning the whole thing - the Warriors are just too good, even if they had Irving they still wouldn't have the team to beat them.
If you're not a Cav's fan it is funny to watch them imploding. 
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Asal Mor

Heavy beating for the Warriors last night. Durant kept them in touch for 3 quarters but Klay, Green and Steph were all very poor offensively. The Rockets looked a different team with Ariza, Gordon and Tucker all flying.

Warriors fans would have to be worried. Curry's 3 point attempts weren't even close last night and defensively he's being targeted successfully. I'd like to see Livingstone get more minutes at Steph's expense. He's looked good at both ends and his +/-  stats bear that out. Young has done well too when brought in and should get more game time.

The Rockets look the more in-form team of the 2 and have a great chance of winning this.

gallsman

Quote from: Asal Mor on May 17, 2018, 10:48:48 AM
The Rockets look the more in-form team of the 2 and have a great chance of winning this.

I agree with the rest of your post but this is nonsense. Harden scored 41 the other night and they were obliterated.

GSW have snatched home court advantage. It's very much still advantage warriors.

Asal Mor

Quote from: gallsman on May 17, 2018, 11:05:14 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on May 17, 2018, 10:48:48 AM

I agree with the rest of your post but this is nonsense. Harden scored 41 the other night and they were obliterated.

GSW have snatched home court advantage. It's very much still advantage warriors.
They do have home advantage but their stars, Durant aside, aren't in great form. Kerr seems to be staying loyal to Curry even though he's been struggling a bit and that could be the losing of it. Having said that, Curry did have some nice drives to the basket and it wouldn't be any great surprise.if his shooting caught fire at home.

Game 3 is set up beautifully. Can't f**king wait for it. Usually watch them back in the morning but will stay up to watch this one live.

gawa316

Think it's just coming down to who is making their shots. If curry and klay play to  their average they win the game. Same in the first game, tucker and Ariza go for 9 and then 40 odd in the second, not to mention Gordon going off.

It's going to be a cracking series, think warriors need to win next 2 to win it though and for that to happen Curry is going to need to find some of his mojo and quick

Taylor

Browns up for the Hard Knocks series.

This should be some clusterfuck