The Open 2017

Started by Boycey, July 17, 2017, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Some contrast from last year where both were doing their best to win... none of these lads seem to want it today!!

Boycey

Quote from: screenexile on July 23, 2017, 05:14:21 PM
Some contrast from last year where both were doing their best to win... none of these lads seem to want it today!!

The Chinese lad could win it yet  ;D. That was an absolutely incredible drive from Spieth, 120 yards off line. Radar says he's never seen a pro hit a drive like that..

laoislad

Fella in a Carlow jersey on the 15th tee there.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Gabriel_Hurl

Minder

Amazing how Spieth came back from what looked like disaster on the 13th
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on July 23, 2017, 06:39:32 PM
Like I said he is a machine.
Orior will be sickened  ;D

Asal Mor

An iconic performance. Will propel him to near Tiger levels of superstardom.

DrinkingHarp

Just goes to show how important putting is in your game.

The kid is phenomenal!

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Boycey

Class won out in the end, hard not to feel a bit sorry for Kuchar but he can console himself with the fact he didn't lose it the other guy won it..

An Watcher

Clarke was busy telling everyone that the British Open is the one to win.  I would have thought the masters at Augusta was the biggest major?

Milltown Row2

The putting and pitching are second to none! Outstanding lad, decent interview afters praising his caddie...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

Quote from: An Watcher on July 23, 2017, 08:57:33 PM
Clarke was busy telling everyone that the British Open is the one to win.  I would have thought the masters at Augusta was the biggest major?

Depends on your perspective.

Augusta has marketed itself to be the one course that everyone absolutely wants to play.

Buy those 75 extra years of history, plus the fact that it's played on links courses, gives the Open something that no other golf tournament ever will.

punt kick

Quote from: Boycey on July 23, 2017, 05:17:46 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 23, 2017, 05:14:21 PM

The Chinese lad could win it yet  ;D. That was an absolutely incredible drive from Spieth, 120 yards off line. Radar says he's never seen a pro hit a drive like that..

Chinese lad not got a name? Any black lads do well?

Orior

Quote from: laoislad on July 23, 2017, 06:50:18 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 23, 2017, 06:39:32 PM
Like I said he is a machine.
Orior will be sickened  ;D

You betcha. Sick as a parrot.

If I was an official, I was deduct Spieth 2 shots for slow play, but the fecker would still win.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians