The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 14, 2018, 11:41:36 AM
Anyone heading to Japan?

I am thinking about it just because Japan is on my bucket list. Will be expensive.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 14, 2018, 12:00:38 PM
Anyone heading to Japan?

I am thinking about it just because Japan is on my bucket list. Will be expensive.

You have a year to get some sort of coaching role!

Tony Baloney

Fellas in work are already looking at the supplier audit schedule next year trying to organise dates to coincide with the WC as if nobody knows what they are at!  :D

passedit

Anyone heading to Japan?

I have two tickets for each of Ireland's group games, cost me over a grand but suspect this will be a drop in the ocean compared with the overall cost of the trip. Japan has been on the missus's bucket list for a while. I finally caved in when they scheduled the world cup for there. Anybody been there before?
Don't Panic

magpie seanie

Best will be 37 when the next World Cup starts. Hard to believe he'll be playing to the level required. Are there any top hookers playing well at international level at 37?

Schmidt learned his lesson of being too conservative with young prospects at the last world cup. He has adapted admirably.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: passedit on March 14, 2018, 12:27:33 PM
Anyone heading to Japan?

I have two tickets for each of Ireland's group games, cost me over a grand but suspect this will be a drop in the ocean compared with the overall cost of the trip. Japan has been on the missus's bucket list for a while. I finally caved in when they scheduled the world cup for there. Anybody been there before?

Got offered tickets for the Scotland game the other day and said yes. Flights around 500-600. Apparently a very expensive country but would be a once in a lifetime trip.

Clov

I don't think any of you will regret going - a great country.
I went to the 2002 world cup and enjoyed every minute.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Owen Brannigan

Blow to EJ as two of his backbone are ruled out for season:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43403423

johnnycool

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 14, 2018, 11:26:35 AM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on March 14, 2018, 11:24:30 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 14, 2018, 10:36:03 AM
Ryan was offered a contract but it was for buttons. You'd have to question Best getting one at 35 by that rationale.

It would appear that Joe and his team feel Rory will still be the man come WC 2019.

No real reason to think he won't be.

/Jim.

Best is a leader and just a hard nosed f*ck.

He is also a key man in the choke tackle and turnover ball, although less noticeable this year.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 14, 2018, 12:23:06 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 14, 2018, 12:00:38 PM
Anyone heading to Japan?

You have a year to get some sort of coaching role!

Ha! No chance. Although the Irish u20s coach was a former assistant coach of mine so I do wonder where I went wrong*  :)

* more money in IT.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 14, 2018, 11:30:22 AM
3 championships in 5 years is a far greater achievement than failure to win 2 one-off games. 6 nations is the bread and butter.

Don't disagree but I think he will want to improve on the World Cup after last time.

/Jim.

Walter Cronc

A potential WC 1/4 final v South Africa could be very difficult. I'm just glad it wont be Argentina.

Is there any more word on a potential match against New Zealand in the US this autumn??

Hound

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 14, 2018, 02:02:09 PM

Like Hendo for us, I don't think Lawes works in the back row, unless in emergencies. A very good lock though.

Vunipola has been the massive loss from 8. Don't think there'll be a huge difference between Hughes and whoever ends up replacing him.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Hound on March 14, 2018, 04:01:15 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on March 14, 2018, 02:02:09 PM

Like Hendo for us, I don't think Lawes works in the back row, unless in emergencies. A very good lock though.

Vunipola has been the massive loss from 8. Don't think there'll be a huge difference between Hughes and whoever ends up replacing him.

Virtually provides a starting place for Haskell.

Crete Boom