Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Quote from: Boycey on July 09, 2020, 10:36:10 PM
Quote from: shark on July 09, 2020, 08:53:45 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on July 09, 2020, 08:45:27 PM
United were lucky to get that penalty. I don't think it was a penalty at all.

It was a clear free out. A referee in real time getting that wrong is understandable. But a video referee?

U don't understand how VAR works.

VAR is there to indicate and correct clear and obvious mistakes unless it goes against United. Now I know.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 09, 2020, 11:06:42 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 09, 2020, 10:36:10 PM
Quote from: shark on July 09, 2020, 08:53:45 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on July 09, 2020, 08:45:27 PM
United were lucky to get that penalty. I don't think it was a penalty at all.

It was a clear free out. A referee in real time getting that wrong is understandable. But a video referee?

U don't understand how VAR works.

VAR is there to indicate and correct clear and obvious mistakes unless it goes against United. Now I know.

Jez, a Lad steps on a lad holding his ground and gets a Penalty! And the boys up in the stand with multiple angles and slo-mo concur! Made no difference, Villa are muck and Utd would have beat them anyway!

Boycey

It's c**k all to do with Man Utd, it's the vagaries of how VAR is implemented. Ref gives a soft peno, VAR looks at it, was there contact? There was, it stays with the refs decision 100% of the time, well at least it's supposed to..

If he didn't give a penalty would VAR have looked at it? Yes, would the same VAR official who allowed refs decision to award a peno to stand in the 1st instance have overruled the ref and given it? No.

It's not part of their remit!!!!

Wasn't a peno though... Harsh on Villa at the time but United cruised on from that time

laoislad

Quote from: GJL on July 09, 2020, 10:51:56 PM
Utd starting to look like the team of old with a very attacking and aggressive style. On a good run of results and looks like they are in with a good chance of top 4. The EL would be nice too. A couple of good signings and they will be a force to b reckoned with.
You must have posted this exact same thing about half a dozen times since Fergie left...I'm sure you'll be right someday.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

It's our version of 'next years our year'

Taylor

Quote from: Boycey on July 09, 2020, 11:44:23 PM
It's c**k all to do with Man Utd, it's the vagaries of how VAR is implemented. Ref gives a soft peno, VAR looks at it, was there contact? There was, it stays with the refs decision 100% of the time, well at least it's supposed to..

If he didn't give a penalty would VAR have looked at it? Yes, would the same VAR official who allowed refs decision to award a peno to stand in the 1st instance have overruled the ref and given it? No.

It's not part of their remit!!!!

Wasn't a peno though... Harsh on Villa at the time but United cruised on from that time

The PL have come out and said there were 3 incorrect penalty decisions last night given by VAR.

Madness that they are getting so many wrong.

GetOverTheBar

There can't be anybody right in the head that genuinely thinks that was a penalty last night.

lurganblue

The pen is a brutal decision all round.  I just cant see a foul whatsoever and for Ole to come out and say he thought it was a pen says a lot about the man for me.  If you've got away with one just come out and say that, cos there's no way that is his honest opinion he expressed last night.

That being said, having watched Villa all season, it was only a matter of time before they capitulated.  Mings had an absolute shocker for the second 1 min before the break ffs.  Roy Keane ripped him to bits for it and rightly so.

If that was a shop window game for Grealish then he would surely be disappointed.  Since the restart he hasn't got going.  I do have slight sympathy for him, beating a man or two and giving the ball to the likes of Trézéguet.  That being said, he would do much better in a team like Utd but he doesn't get into that starting 11 as they are the minute.  The Utd front 5, if you will, are all on top form.  Some of their passing was slick and fast, pulling Villa defenders all over the show.  It really was quality at times and if they wanted to, it could have been 5 or 6 easy in the end.

Douglas Luiz with another quality Villa performance and it's a shame that City have a buy back clause.

Leicester last game of the season will be massive in determining top 4.

trailer

Quote from: lurganblue on July 10, 2020, 09:48:32 AM
The pen is a brutal decision all round.  I just cant see a foul whatsoever and for Ole to come out and say he thought it was a pen says a lot about the man for me.  If you've got away with one just come out and say that, cos there's no way that is his honest opinion he expressed last night.

That being said, having watched Villa all season, it was only a matter of time before they capitulated.  Mings had an absolute shocker for the second 1 min before the break ffs.  Roy Keane ripped him to bits for it and rightly so.

If that was a shop window game for Grealish then he would surely be disappointed.  Since the restart he hasn't got going.  I do have slight sympathy for him, beating a man or two and giving the ball to the likes of Trézéguet.  That being said, he would do much better in a team like Utd but he doesn't get into that starting 11 as they are the minute.  The Utd front 5, if you will, are all on top form.  Some of their passing was slick and fast, pulling Villa defenders all over the show.  It really was quality at times and if they wanted to, it could have been 5 or 6 easy in the end.

Douglas Luiz with another quality Villa performance and it's a shame that City have a buy back clause.

I have seen Mings play I'd say about 3 or 4 times and every time he has been absolutely awful. Pure dung.

Boycey

So there's something wrong with Oles character now because he engaged in 'manager speak' football matches. This place never lets ya down.    ;D

BennyCake

Never a penalty in a million years.

Villa have given up. Pogba had all day to set himself up for third goal.

shark

Quote from: trailer on July 10, 2020, 09:56:57 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on July 10, 2020, 09:48:32 AM

I have seen Mings play I'd say about 3 or 4 times and every time he has been absolutely awful. Pure dung.

There is very little middle ground with him. He can look imperious one week and as you say, pure dung the next. He was outstanding at championship level - and probably will be again next season. Which probably says it all. He would never have got in the England squad if it wasn't for the fact that Southgate wants one left footer and one right footer for his centre halfs.
What impressed me most about United last night was that they continually looked for the forward pass. It meant they looked a bit disjointed early on as Villa continually intercepted, but over the course of 90 mins it is a tactic that will create so much when you have passers like Pogba, Fernandes.

Milltown Row2

Would Danny Ings be a target? has hit some goal tally for Southampton this season. Maybe Liverpool didn't see him in their future plans but he a great option for certain games where the other lads may not be hitting form
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ethan Tremblay

Who or what positions would United be targeting with potential transfers do you's reckon? Has the attacking half of the pitch finally got sorted or is still a dodgy area if an injury or two creeps up?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2020, 01:39:48 PM
Would Danny Ings be a target? has hit some goal tally for Southampton this season. Maybe Liverpool didn't see him in their future plans but he a great option for certain games where the other lads may not be hitting form

He did well at Liverpool at times and would have fit well into Klopp's style of play, but injuries killed his chances (did his cruciate in Klopp's first session!).

By the time he got back to full fitness two years later, things had moved on and Mane and Salah had joined Firmino up front.

It was a shame for him, as he is good at the little tight passes, good at pressing and is a nice finisher.

Antipathy towards United aside, I'd like to see him get another shot at a top club.