Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: An Watcher on February 29, 2024, 02:26:16 PMJesus christ when you compare some of these clowns to the likes of Denis irwin and the money the clowns have earned in comparison.  Mental

Rolls Royce

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: An Watcher on February 29, 2024, 02:26:16 PMJesus christ when you compare some of these clowns to the likes of Denis irwin and the money the clowns have earned in comparison.  Mental

Speaking of clowns, it looks like Pogba is done as a professional.  A happy ending to a mercenary player that spoiled the club the past 10 years. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

AustinPowers

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on February 29, 2024, 03:13:48 PM

Speaking of clowns, it looks like Pogba is done as a professional.  A happy ending to a mercenary player that spoiled the club the past 10 years. 

I seen that. Good  riddance to him.  He is an  absolute tube. I don't think I've despised  a player as much as him in an United  shirt.

Cunny Funt

Can make a strong case that the players downed tools towards the end of Mourinho, Solskjaer time as manager and didn't pick them up at all for Rangnick but I don't think from watching the matches that you can say the players aren't playing for Ten Hag. It's more the reality that injuries has highlighted the lack of quality and strength in depth of the squad. It's a squad filled with players that are either past their best or will never will be good enough. Without Martinez, Shaw they struggle to play out from the back. Without Mainoo in midfield they struggle to string consecutive passes together and without the focal point and work rate of Hollund in the number 9 position it's basically like playing with 10 men.

Armagh18

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 29, 2024, 05:58:38 PMCan make a strong case that the players downed tools towards the end of Mourinho, Solskjaer time as manager and didn't pick them up at all for Rangnick but I don't think from watching the matches that you can say the players aren't playing for Ten Hag. It's more the reality that injuries has highlighted the lack of quality and strength in depth of the squad. It's a squad filled with players that are either past their best or will never will be good enough. Without Martinez, Shaw they struggle to play out from the back. Without Mainoo in midfield they struggle to string consecutive passes together and without the focal point and work rate of Hollund in the number 9 position it's basically like playing with 10 men.
Yeah bar Rashford I think the rest are putting the effort in but mostly aren't good enough. Martinez and Shaw are when fit which isn't often enough. Hojlund, Mainoo and Garnacho are all good players with potential to be top drawer in the future. Antony looks like a fella who won a raffle to play for United or something.

gallsman

Incredible stats yesterday on Second Captains about the number of times teams have allowed 20+ shots against them.

United under ETH - 12 times in 64 league games.

Liverpool under Klopp - 2 times in 322 games

City under Pep - 4 times in 292

Arsenal under Arteta - 7 times in 161 games.

Blowitupref

Quote from: gallsman on February 29, 2024, 07:15:15 PMIncredible stats yesterday on Second Captains about the number of times teams have allowed 20+ shots against them.

United under ETH - 12 times in 64 league games.

Liverpool under Klopp - 2 times in 322 games

City under Pep - 4 times in 292

Arsenal under Arteta - 7 times in 161 games.

Looked up that stat up for this season and it's happened 8 times,  The end results was defeats to Man City,Newcastle.  Drew with Liverpool and wins against Wolves,Everton,West ham,Aston Villa,Luton
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gallsman

Sure just discount it then. ETH is at the wheel.

Armagh18

See Rashford has some shite on his social media giving out about people questioning his commitment. Be better off doing his talking on the pitch. If he'd put a shift in I honestly wouldnt mind if he wasn't playing well but the effort just isn't there. 

NAG1

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 29, 2024, 10:25:41 PMSee Rashford has some shite on his social media giving out about people questioning his commitment. Be better off doing his talking on the pitch. If he'd put a shift in I honestly wouldnt mind if he wasn't playing well but the effort just isn't there. 

Got to the stage where he wants to ride the wave of being the local boy doing good when things are going well, but when they aren't going well he doesn't want the attention that comes with being the local boy.

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on March 01, 2024, 10:15:53 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 29, 2024, 10:25:41 PMSee Rashford has some shite on his social media giving out about people questioning his commitment. Be better off doing his talking on the pitch. If he'd put a shift in I honestly wouldnt mind if he wasn't playing well but the effort just isn't there. 

Got to the stage where he wants to ride the wave of being the local boy doing good when things are going well, but when they aren't going well he doesn't want the attention that comes with being the local boy.
Should be shown the door with his mates Pogba/Lingard/Sancho. Attitude stinks.

NAG1

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 01, 2024, 10:30:57 AM

Should be shown the door with his mates Pogba/Lingard/Sancho. Attitude stinks.

By the sounds of it even the interest from PSG with the Mbappe money has cooled. So I don't see anyone that he would move too actually wanting him at this stage.

AustinPowers

Genuine question:

Would Rashford  be gone from  United if it wasn't  for his school dinner  thing?

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on March 01, 2024, 10:53:19 AM

Genuine question:

Would Rashford  be gone from  United if it wasn't  for his school dinner  thing?
Think he'd still be there given he'd a couple of very good seasons (goal scoring wise), his all round play, attitude and workrate was still poor.

Actually maybe not even seasons more like periods of a few months. If PSG were to come in I'd bite their hand off

AustinPowers

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 01, 2024, 11:48:23 AM
Quote from: AustinPowers on March 01, 2024, 10:53:19 AM

Genuine question:

Think he'd still be there given he'd a couple of very good seasons (goal scoring wise), his all round play, attitude and workrate was still poor.

Actually maybe not even seasons more like periods of a few months. If PSG were to come in I'd bite their hand off

He scored a few  leading up to the World Cup. But he was brutal for a good  18 months before that.

Now he's back  to his  "couldn't give a frig"  setting.

Selling him after  his school dinner thing would  have been akin to shooting Bambi.  The dinner thing definitely prolonged his United  career in my opinion.