Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Rashford looking for 300k a week. That's what happens when they gave Sanchez ridiculous wages

brokencrossbar1

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0618/1055952-man-united-fans-top-list-of-arrests-involving-racism/

QuoteManchester United supporters have been involved in more football-related arrests where racism was an aggravating factor or a feature than any other club in England in the four seasons up to 2017-18, data from the Home Office shows.

Data released under a Freedom of Information request by the Press Association shows that 27 individuals recorded as United fans by police were arrested during the seasons 2014-15 to 2017-18.

Championship clubs Leeds and Millwall each had 15 supporters arrested, while Leicester had 14 and Chelsea 13.

The 2018-19 season in England was marred by a series of racism-related incidents and arrests. Data for the season just ended is set to be released later this summer.

Where racism has been recorded as a feature of an incident, it requires the arresting officer to tick a box, which is why the Home Office says the overall accuracy of the data cannot be guaranteed.

The data shows 107 arrests in this category overall during the 2014-15 season, rising to 114 in 2015-16. The figure then dropped over the next two seasons, with 94 arrests recorded in 2016-17 and just 75 in 2017-18.

Other clubs with arrests in double figures are West Ham (11), with Barnsley, Manchester City, Middlesbrough and Sunderland all on 10.

In 2018-19 England forward Raheem Sterling alleged he was racially abused during a match for his club Manchester City at Chelsea. The Crown Prosecution Service announced in April that there was insufficient evidence that the words used by a Chelsea fan were racially aggravated.

England's black players suffered abuse during a Euro 2020 qualifier away to Montenegro in March, while a Tottenham supporter was handed a four-year football ban and a £500 (€558) fine for throwing a banana skin towards Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in December last year.

Anti-discrimination body Kick It Out reported last November that there were 520 reports of discriminatory abuse during the 2017-18 season, an 11 per cent increase on the previous campaign and the sixth year in a row where the figure had risen.

Fifty-three per cent of those reports concerned alleged racist abuse.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 18, 2019, 10:33:18 AM
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0618/1055952-man-united-fans-top-list-of-arrests-involving-racism/

QuoteManchester United supporters have been involved in more football-related arrests where racism was an aggravating factor or a feature than any other club in England in the four seasons up to 2017-18, data from the Home Office shows.

Data released under a Freedom of Information request by the Press Association shows that 27 individuals recorded as United fans by police were arrested during the seasons 2014-15 to 2017-18.

Championship clubs Leeds and Millwall each had 15 supporters arrested, while Leicester had 14 and Chelsea 13.

The 2018-19 season in England was marred by a series of racism-related incidents and arrests. Data for the season just ended is set to be released later this summer.

Where racism has been recorded as a feature of an incident, it requires the arresting officer to tick a box, which is why the Home Office says the overall accuracy of the data cannot be guaranteed.

The data shows 107 arrests in this category overall during the 2014-15 season, rising to 114 in 2015-16. The figure then dropped over the next two seasons, with 94 arrests recorded in 2016-17 and just 75 in 2017-18.

Other clubs with arrests in double figures are West Ham (11), with Barnsley, Manchester City, Middlesbrough and Sunderland all on 10.

In 2018-19 England forward Raheem Sterling alleged he was racially abused during a match for his club Manchester City at Chelsea. The Crown Prosecution Service announced in April that there was insufficient evidence that the words used by a Chelsea fan were racially aggravated.

England's black players suffered abuse during a Euro 2020 qualifier away to Montenegro in March, while a Tottenham supporter was handed a four-year football ban and a £500 (€558) fine for throwing a banana skin towards Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in December last year.

Anti-discrimination body Kick It Out reported last November that there were 520 reports of discriminatory abuse during the 2017-18 season, an 11 per cent increase on the previous campaign and the sixth year in a row where the figure had risen.

Haha. This is hilarious. They don't represent me, or any other gaaboard member I'm sure. But keep firing up those figures as if it does.

Whoever they are shouldn't be let near a stadium again.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 18, 2019, 10:51:38 AM

Haha. This is hilarious. They don't represent me, or any other gaaboard member I'm sure. But keep firing up those figures as if it does.

Whoever they are shouldn't be let near a stadium again.

Touchy?  I simply quoted a relevant article to the club.  Never said it reflected anything

quit yo jibbajabba

"Hilarious". Ouch

"Bcb1 tried to contact Under the Bar in relation to the findings but he was unavailable for comment, rumoured to be in one of 8 bars close to Anfield"

Boycey

Ur better than that bc1, we'll now probably have the usually bout of whataboutery. 

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Boycey on June 18, 2019, 11:10:03 AM
Ur better than that bc1, we'll now probably have the usually bout of whataboutery.

Better than what Boycey?  This article appeared on the RTE website today,  is it not relevant to Man United?  If it was about Liverpool you can bet your ass it would be posted on the Liverpool thread.  I am not getting into whatbaoutery but it is newsworthy

Boycey

Yeah it'd likely be posted on the Liverpool thread too...

Not the point I'm making and you know it.. it's not even newsworthy in my opinion. I'd imagine United also top the homophobic, sexist and people caught smoking in the toilets numbers too.  :)

NAG1

Chances of Pogba leaving?

Surely they will be able to get the deal done to get lakaku out the door, when Inter are reportedly showing strong interest.
If he goes I would be hoping for a replacement, Rashford wouldnt fill me full of confidence that he is going to go on this season and bag 25 goals.

Geoff Tipps

2018-2019

Premier League - Man City
FA Cup - Man City
League Cup - Man City
Champions League - Liverpool
Tommy Robinson Cup - Man United  ;D ;D

magpie seanie

Very poor form from you BCB1. There's rules against that carry on here (supposedly).

brokencrossbar1

What is the big issue folks?  This is a news story that's on the front pages of the national broadcaster for Ireland. I copied and pasted an article relating to Man United. I made no comment.  Show me any rules I've broken Seanie and I'll pull the post but it's a simple factual statement from a reputable source. Did I say you or Boycey or anyone was a racist? No. Obviously United will have a high level of exposure given their fan base but it's still news.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2019, 12:27:30 PM
Chances of Pogba leaving?

Surely they will be able to get the deal done to get lakaku out the door, when Inter are reportedly showing strong interest.
If he goes I would be hoping for a replacement, Rashford wouldnt fill me full of confidence that he is going to go on this season and bag 25 goals.

Looks 50/50 on Pogba.

Lukaku scored 15 goals in 45 appearances this season I'd like to see what Greenwood would score if he was given a similar amount of games next season.

BennyCake

I hope to feck Pogba goes. He's like a disease at United.

Lukaku, seems a decent enough scud, but he's just not good enough, and never was.

That plonker Lingard's head has blown up ten times it's size since his mediocre performances for a mediocre England team with a very lucky draw at last years World Cup.

Martial, with his Eddie Murphy in Beverley Hills Cop 'tache, sickens my ass with his dreary demeanour and his inept performances.

Rashford is hugely overrated, and I wouldn't be relying on him to get you 25-30 goals a season.

I've never been as disinterested in a United squad as I have been lately. And I haven't even started on the defence!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyCake on June 18, 2019, 02:56:10 PM
I hope to feck Pogba goes. He's like a disease at United.

Lukaku, seems a decent enough scud, but he's just not good enough, and never was.

That plonker Lingard's head has blown up ten times it's size since his mediocre performances for a mediocre England team with a very lucky draw at last years World Cup.

Martial, with his Eddie Murphy in Beverley Hills Cop 'tache, sickens my ass with his dreary demeanour and his inept performances.

Rashford is hugely overrated, and I wouldn't be relying on him to get you 25-30 goals a season.

I've never been as disinterested in a United squad as I have been lately. And I haven't even started on the defence!

300k a week.....that is surely the death of Manchester United.